>2017
>Linux still can't show thumbnails in file open dialog boxes
why? why can't Linux do something that macos from 2000 and Windows 2003 could do? what's preventing this development?

Other urls found in this thread:

insharee.com/un/tsuruko?max_id=1373682009147027870_1284825983
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2017
>osx still can't move, delete, or do anything but look at files in the open dialogue boxes

why would you wanna do any of those things? that's just a way to fuck things up. you can easily do it with Finder.

works fine for me

w-wow did u save that?

>he has to select every single file to see it
doesn't look fine to me

?

>Borders around thumbnails
That's retarded

>In his haste to defend his unfinished OS, user once again fails to understand what is being talked about, most likely due to the fact that he has never experienced or even conceived the possibility that such a feature could exist due to his stubborn refusal to use a real operating system
Educate yourself before posting, were talking about a gallery of thumbnails so you don't have to click pic by pic to find the one you are looking for.

What DE is that? Looks clean as fuck.

No one uses Linux as their only OS, that would be the biggest reason. It's fun to dick around for awhile but eventually you actually have to use the computer,

aqua, macOS default

works for me

though i don't actually use it since i prefer details/list view

That's not an open dialog.

>using gtk based shit

Just use the regular file browser and click and drag the image you want onto the open button

It's called saving time and being more productive.

>2017
>mac still can't resize preview thumbnails
>finder is still garbage

>open file dialog box

uhh yes it can, and it's good

see

The borders indicate an image file, if there were no borders, you wouldn't know what kind of file it would be by just looking at the icon, text/wordprocessing documents have the actual text/images in the icon on macos with the typical 'document flap' in the upper right corner, videos dont have borders, but have black letterbox bars above and below, etc.

It's the way macfags are wired - if there's something wrong with their toy OS they tell themselves it's fine.

Nice thumbnails for ants.

Why the fuck would you put borders for images and not literally every other kind of file, then?

No it can't you massive faggot. They're always 1cm, and cmd-scrolling or gesture zooming doesn't resize them a bit.

can you remove window title bars in kde?

i like how gtk's flaw magically equals the entirety of everyone's opinion of this kernel lmao

mine (first) isn't kde

and yes, i can remove the title bar in openbox

Yeah, pretty sure you can.

There's a big difference between a file picker and a file browser. In the first you want to select an item as easily/quickly as possible, in macOS you can do that by simply draging a file from anywhere else into the dialog, and itll automatically navigate to the file, ready to be selected. A file browser exists to open directories, move files, quickly browse/open files, create directories. A filebrowser needs to be able to do many things. With a filepicker, it needs to do one thing, and it does on macOS, making it very convenient.

Yes

w h a t D E
h
a
t
D
E

fucking baka

its like you try to troll but you fail

why is KDE so fucking ugly? never seen a good looking KDE theme... they all look like total shit.

Anyway, Cinnamon (or GNOME) is superior to KDE.

please teach me how to get that file picker in openbox

>per app rules
too much work tbqh, i meant like on the fly

>mexian shit
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK JOSE!

This amount of energy spent on the rationalization of not having features is pretty interesting.

FYI, since you don't seem to know your OS, you CAN create directories in file picker, rename shit even. So does that make it slower? No it doesn't. However, you also have arbitrary restrictions, like not being able to create a file. How's that mess of not being able to do something and being able to do something else better than being able to do everything?

Have fun rationalizing your shit OS

why would you wanna have thumbnails in file open dialog box? i mean, just open finder and find the file and remember the name of the file

maybe

>why is KDE so fucking ugly?
Is 30 seconds googling recent pics of plasma 5 too much for you?

>Anyway, Cinnamon (or GNOME) is superior to KDE.
Nope. Your opinion isn't worth shit if you think Gnome is better than anything. Cinnamon is great but it's not as well-rounded as KDE.

hello again loli posting macfag.

what image viewer do you use? Xee?
any other little-known OS X software that you use?

wh-where did u get that picture of me??

thats not me (。>﹏

You can just use .* as a regular expression or bind it to a key.

mexican? we conquered all south, center and mid north america and you call me mexican?
you usa people dont know shit about your so short 2 centuries history?
we shouldnt have trusted those stupid british people, look what you did to the native americans

that's not kde

>please teach me how to get that file picker in openbox
openbox is a window manager

>i meant like on the fly
i have super+F12 setup in openbox to toggle the window title on any window at any time

fake pic is fake
she has no dick.

>press spacebar
>sexy preview comes up with nice animation
tfw I take macOS for granted now but whenever I use Linux it makes me want to vomit

windows doesn't have this problem

Daren's a brony? You should just kys.

>why is KDE so fucking ugly?
I like my setup so i beg to disagree.

what?

thanks. I had no idea this developer existed. pretty cool.

there's been a misunderstanding
i too use openbox, but your dialog window doesn't look like any qt/gtk dialog i've seen

This is very 90's flat theme ish

>your dialog window doesn't look like any qt/gtk dialog i've seen
it's just gtk2's picker

>90's
>flat
What did he mean by this?

>she

theres no much choice of themes for now in the new plasma kde

Again, every file kind has it's own way to show what kind it is in the preview icon.

Filepicker is made for picking files, drag file to file picker and it picks it. Having it move the file to the open location would be a file picker not picking files.

so you didn't customize or edit any configs? that's how it looks by default for you?

>picture a 90's theme
>now take out detail and make it flat
>that's what you've got there
I guess I'm talking about the philosophy or paradigm when I say "90's"

either way it's hideous

>horizontal scrollbar

Why?

there wasn't really a default, per-se, since it's arch, which doesn't come with gtk2 or any gtk2/icon themes or truetype fonts installed by default
all you can see there is;
- openbox with victoria park theme
- dejavu sans font
- aurora gtk2 theme
- faenza icon theme
- icon (thumbnail) view added with ahodesuka's patch

>>picture a 90's theme
>>now take out detail and make it flat
>>that's what you've got there
>I guess I'm talking about the philosophy or paradigm when I say "90's"
Wow, you sound like an expert.

>either way it's hideous
It's nice-looking, better than Win10 and macos for sure.

Why would a kernel do something like that?

just an awkward window size, a little too small to completely fit in the number of icon columns visible, resizing it to be a bit bigger removes it
like i said, i don't use icon view, so i didn't bother adjusting it

>picture a 90's theme
>now take out detail and make it flat
>that's what you've got there
so, a modern theme?
have you seen mac os or windows lately? or any mobile os?

>tfw I actually like Breeze and even use it on GTK based desktops

>icon (thumbnail) view added with ahodesuka's patch

thanks

>Mac
>Productive
choose one

Because GNOME can't get anyone to implement it for free because adding a feature from year 1998 in 2017 doesn't sound great on resume.

Someone already made a patch for it, but the devs are too autistic to accept it.

I don't know of any patch for the GTK3 file picker.

Not Invented Here

They will not accept patches unless someone they already know told them he'd do it and then did it to their exact specification.

>Needing file picker icons
>Not dragging and dropping from you're file manager. I thought that's why Sup Forumstards used i3wm.

who are you quoting

>Because GNOME can't get anyone to implement it for free because adding a feature from year 1998 in 2017 doesn't sound great on resume.
this man understands how the open source works.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You mean Gtk. KDE has been able to do this for years.

KDE has under 1% of Linux DE marketshare.

Source: my ass

distrowatch.

>2017
>still no alternative to windows or linux or osx
whew

>distrowatch as a source
Will people ever stop with this shit?

i thanked you already, but i'll thank you again
>tfw had to compile firefox again

>os x never had """""" exploits"""""" that gives you administrator access from fucking print dialogues.

geeee I wonder why

Is she happa?

insharee.com/un/tsuruko?max_id=1373682009147027870_1284825983

why is it so small at max res?

GNU/Linux*

she does good kuroki...

for you

It looks like horseshit.
Gnome 3 is better in every aesthetical way.

do you mean the file picker? you can do all the usual functions through that.

That would be extremely upsetting if that were true.