MY

MY

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/20252178/The_Language_Contact_Situation_in_Prehistoric_Northeastern_Europe
wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=clmzbbl&id=I28979
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BYLI

WENDY

ŚMY

GUWNO

WE WUZ WENDS GUYS I SWEAR

AND SARMATIANS AND VANDALS AND SHIEEET

VISTULA VENETI

MAGNIFICENT!

ŻYDY

WE WEREN'T SUBHUMAN FENNI, G-GUYS, THEY WERE S-SAMI I S-SWEAR

WENEDY
LECHITY
POLANY
SARMATY
PERSY

ayy beka ze spierdolin srających na własny naród

sram ci do ryja i całemu temu """narodowi"" spierdolin też

HI, I RAPE, KILL AND BURN THIS THREAD!

WILNO

"In wonderful savageness live the nation of the Fenni, and in beastly poverty, destitute of arms, of horses, and of homes; their food, the common herbs; their apparel, skins; their bed, the earth; their only hope in their arrows, which for want of iron they point with bones. Their common support they have from the chase, women as well as men; for with these the former wander up and down, and crave a portion of the prey. Nor other shelter have they even for their babes, against the violence of tempests and ravening beasts, than to cover them with the branches of trees twisted together; this a reception for the old men, and hither resort the young. Such a condition they judge more happy than the painful occupation of cultivating the ground, than the labour of rearing houses, than the agitations of hope and fear attending the defense of their own property or the seizing that of others. Secure against the designs of men, secure against the malignity of the Gods, they have accomplished a thing of infinite difficulty; that to them nothing remains even to be wished."

>A Slavic monkey calling anybody sub-human
kek, if only Adolf had finished the job.

academia.edu/20252178/The_Language_Contact_Situation_in_Prehistoric_Northeastern_Europe

>From the first millennium AD onwards, when the Finnic-speakers ex-panded both southwards and eastwards, they also expand ed northwards al-beit much slower, because the north was of course climatically less hospita-ble. Remarkably, almost all of Eastern Fenno scandia was Saami-speaking be-fore the Finnic northward expansion (see e.g. Saarikivi 2004b; Aikio 2007). This fact does not leave plenty of room for the Finnic homeland in Finland, whose coastal areas alone had Finnic-speaking colonies before about 300 AD

Stay mad.

>a LINGUISTIC GROUP calls anyone X
You're fucking retarded, I give you that.
>finnish fairytales
You're Fenni.

>if only Adolf had finished the job.

not with fingol subshits like your kind that can't even take ONE city XD

WILNO NASSSSSSSZZZZZZE

>Slavic sub-human in denial
toplel
At least we remained unoccupied.

what does it means wilno nasze? I've seen this a coupe of times but I don't get it

>not with fingol subshits like your kind that can't even take ONE city XD
We took back all our previous territory and more, m80.

In denial what? You imbecile.

Slavs are a linguistic group.
Wilno Ours.

oh, thanks

>we took back
Stop...

This doesn't prove a thing. Judging from Tacitus' description you are Fenni. Also we have Warnefried Paul to back him up, about 400 years later. The latter even owned a piece of Fenni "clothing".

naród jedno, muj heritaż drugie

A teraz dajcie sobie buzi na zgodę, moi drodzy i dzielni Wandalowie.

You dismiss credible studies and on top of that pretend to be anything more than a Slav sub-human that crawled up from sewage.

>You dismiss credible studies
see >on top of that pretend to be anything more than a Slav sub-human that crawled up from sewage.
At least we had sewage to fucking crawl from. Fenni didn't have shit.

LECHISTAŃCZYKI
IRAŃCE
PRASŁOWIANY
IMPERATORY
KOSMITY
ANIEŁY

W I L N O
L W Ó W

O D Z Y S K A M Y

>MY BYLI SARMATY

NOT
EVEN
ONE
FUCKING
CITY

Give it a break.

Just for once someone noticed Finland, that's enough to make them feel special and superhuman. They're like that nerdy girl that got fucked by a horny guy once and now she thinks she's a model.

The Vandals, which were basicly the ancestors of modern Poles, whose aristocracy adopted a Germanic language, were amongst the least barbarian of the invading barbarians.

As Arian christians they ended up in Tunisia, which they saw as a "promised land" God led them to. The land had very few inhabitants before they came, after their success they got flooded by shitskins, something we now know is quite natural from the success they had.

Their archeological remains tell us of a pretty advanced race, which built beautifully decorated bath-houses with aquaducts constantly providing fresh water. They seem to have been a very hygienic people, not something the actual germanics were renowned for.

Their sense of nobility is most aptly described by their sacking of Rome, which was not at all a real sacking, which granted them the root of the current term 'vandalism' (16/17th century invention), but was provoked by a letter of a Roman senator's wife who was wronged and asked the king of Vandals and Alans for help.

The Vandals wwere pretty much the most populous migrating tribe, and when you know they only consisted of half the total population, chosen by lot, the other half remained in the homeland back in Poland, you know that when the Slavic ethnogenesis happened a century later, there were a lot of Vandals still living in the homeland. For them it was just taking up their original language again, as most germanics migrated and only Saxony and the Allemanni were left, the Franks having adopted Latin and considering themselves the rightful heirs of the Roman empire. (Rightly so, basically the Romans became Italians with the adoption of christianity, and somebody had to do something to save the empire, hence the Franks, huge Romanboos from day one, were there to save the day.)

>nerdy girl that got fucked by a horny guy once and now she thinks she's a model

Nah, that would be russia XD

It took a German immigrant to give them a wriiten language, only a couple of centuries ago.

>We're not related to the "wonderful savages" of yesteryear guise!

God is the literally reason we're fucked so hard and poor.

But I appreciate your work based Belgian.

Oh, but it does. The Fenni described by Tacitus don't fit into the Tarand grave culture that covered the area inhabited by Finnics at the time. Read the study I linked earlier, it'll open your eyes.
>Pooland literally calling non-Slavs sub-human in this thread to compensate for their massive inferiority complex
>"G- give it a break, we're better than him"

>literal wizardland
no wonder your meme magic is so stronk, suomi

good lad

nice damage control

at last I truly see...

kek

quality post, based Belgian
screencapped and saved for wewuzing purposes

>whose aristocracy adopted a Germanic language
topkek, the delusion is real

Wilno was one of 3 our core cities for centuries.
Like Kraków, Wilno and Lwów. Stalin took wilno and lwów and many more polish cities on east and deport and kill poles on east.

It was actually common.

Ruthenian and Lithuanian nobility adopted Polish during the Commonwealth.

The Vandals were Germanic. Only inferiority-complexed Polish revisionists claim otherwise.

The Fenni were ancestors of Finnish. Only inferiority-complexed Finnish revisionists claim otherwise.

Topkek, there's actual evidence behind the claim that it isn't the case, unlike for this Vandal fantasy of Poles. The Belgian Pole literally just wrote empty claims with no basis in reality.

A very common practice. The Franks for example also spoke Latin since their inception. Later the Normans for example also adopted the local language (vulgar Latin/proto-French)).

Or the Finnish elite adopting Swedish, for example.

This was what the aristocratic classes did, not just to differ theirselves from the common people, but because aristocrats only married people from their own class, and this often was someone from a neighbouring tribe. Not out of love, but for political reasons.

My pleasure, the truth must be told always.

No they were not. If you would not confine yourself to wikipedia but actually do the research you would see that Vandals (hint: look up the etymology of the name for a starter) were Wends, not Germanics.

>The Belgian Pole literally just wrote empty claims with no basis in reality.

I am not Polish, just Belgian, and you are just butt-flustered because we dissed your ancestors.

I can provide all the evidence you need and more.

codzienne przypomnienie że jeśli nie zabiłeś chociasz jednego żyda w twoim życiu zawiodłes rozprawić zemste za swoich przodków.

You provided none.

ITT: tsundere suomi lusting for BWD

It was Nordic women lusting for the Big Turanian Cock as evidenced by our paternal and maternal lineages.

MY

Start with Gregory of Tours for the amount of Vandals that migrated and the amount that left.

And I asked you to look up the term Vandal in an etymologic dictionary.

I meant the Fenni thing in particular. You need something a bit more specific than Tacitus' ramblings.

>I am not Polish, just Belgian
>a non-Pole being obsessed with faux Polish myths of origin

t. eastern march

MI SMO BILI AVSTRIJCI IN SRANJE
MOJA KARANTANIJA, MAMOJEBEC

But have you read Warnefried Paul's History of the Langobardi, there he also talks in a similar way about the Fenni (he calls them Scritofenni). This was written much later.

I am interested in the origins of the Slavs, and that is how I came to know about the link between Poles and Vandals.

The name Lech was likely derived from Lugoi (Lygians) a Vandal tribe. In fact Vandals (same etymology as Venedi - Wends) were a name given to a group of tribes who correspond to the Przeworsk culture.

There are enough other links, and we know for a fact that at least 100,000 Vandals remained in their homeland, when a century later Venedi, led by Antes and Slovenci, came from the east.

Hence, Vandals wwere always Venedi, but they were living on the border of the germanic world, and adopted germanic language and costums.

You may remember that the Belgae were germanics who adopted Celtic costums and language, also living on the border between two worlds. Such a thing wasn't uncommon at all (more examples: the Helvetii, the Remi...)

Germanic scholars have furiously fought this even against the light of better scholarship in the first half of the 20th century. That doesn't make it true.

En ik ben echt Belg.

West-Vloaming a je 't moe wêt'n, voe 't in men dialect te zêg'n.

People back then used ethnonyms often in very vague ways, like using the same ethnonym for different peoples. Compare Welsch.

How we know "for a fact" that 100,000 Vandals remained would be interesting.

The theory I read on wiki that the Vistula Venedi were actually speakers of a centumic tongue related to Italic and Germanic but not part of either group excites me to no end. Poland was actually interesting and unique once! Before we screwed it all up.

>100,000 Vandals remained in their homeland,

>Some of the Vandals who had settled in Africa returned to Europe after the Byzantine reconquest. Some went to Spain and joined the Visigoths, where a small Vandalic community had remained after Gaiseric invaded Africa. Others returned to their ancestral homeland in Silesia, where the Vandals remained as a distinct people as late as the ninth century.
wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=clmzbbl&id=I28979

delet this

Fact alone that they came back to Silesia and were there up to 9th century aka when Poland owned Silesia is enough.

Also, for some reason our "first" ruler was known as Mieszko I "the King of Vandals/Wends"
Dagome, King of the Wends

You're bombastic vandal praise in the thread still seems a bit suspicious

>ancestry.com

Anything to discredit.

It's fine.

>How we know "for a fact" that 100,000 Vandals remained would be interesting.

Read Gregory of Tours' history of the Franks. Where he mentions the number of Vandals crossing the "mare nostrum", a deed unseen in many centuries before that (without Roman permission that is).

HE also mentions that next to the most populous tribe, the Vandals chose by lot who had to migrate and who could stay in their homelands, and that about half of them migrated. So do the math.

I've already stated this, you just make me repeat this, you could also go to archive.org and read up on it if you are sincere in checking up these sources.

>People back then used ethnonyms often in very vague ways, like using the same ethnonym for different peoples. Compare Welsch.

Welsch, just like Walloon, was a term meaning "stranger" used by Germanics for Celtic people. The Welsh were the original Britons who were driven to the east by the invading Germanics. Not vague at all.

In the same sense the term Wends was used by Germanics for (proto-)Slavs, and Finn for Finno-Ugrics. Wend meaning wanderer, wandering stranger, and Finn also means stranger. They were not at all used vaguely, but actually very specifically.

Even if you would give them the primary sources, look it up and scan it for them, they still will try to discredit and make derogatory comments, often using wikipedia links as if it is gospel.

Vague would be a Roman calling anyone who doesn't speak fluent Latin a barbarian.

Germanics who had at least three words for stranger, meaning the strangers bordering them, using Waal for Gauls in the west, Wend for Slavs in the east and Finn for mongoloids and reindeer ballbiters up north, that you can hardly call vague.

I used to meme about that vandal thing, but now I'm pretty convinced. Thanks.

Germanics also had this fixed system, for when they conquered a renowned tribe, they would adopt the name and add -varii (latinised) after it. -varii or "waren"' in Dutch, "were" in English, "we wuz" in Ebonics.

So the ones who conquered the Boii (the remainder of which became the lower classes in such a case) became the Boi-varii : Bavarians.

The ones who conquered the Belgic Ambiani who were back then living in the southern Netherlands, became Ambi -varii, or the Ampsivarii, one of the tribes that became the confederation of Franks.

When the Marcomanni took the homeland of the Boii and drove them westwards, they said they now lived in the land of the Boii, or Boi-hem, Bohemia.

The Sorbs, who settled there for some time after most Marcomanni and Quadi migrated west, said they were Boika, or "living in the land of the Boii".

This is in my opinion exactly where the term Lech comes from. As Lugii was what Vandals called themselves, Vandals the name others gave them. Lech - the land of the Lugii, and we know that many Lugii/Vandals were living there when the Slavic ethnogenesis happened. So logically they are the ancestors of modern Poles.

>You're bombastic vandal praise in the thread still seems a bit suspicious

I am not only interested in my own ancestors (but could easily fill a thread about it) but also in the history of others, especially early Slavic history interests me because it is interesting topic. Do you think history is just about loving your own and dissing others?

My pleasure, I am also convinced and will always defend what I think is the truth.

It started out with me digging on the early history of the Slavs, in fact my main interest was the migration of the South-Slavs, but when the Vandal/Lugii-Poland connection became more clear I spend quite some time on it before finally becoming convinced. And I'm still digging, sure I'm a sperger and I become obsessive about research (I've more than often spend 48 hours in a row on reading and making notes - I have full access to most academic journals) but it's what I like to do.

I respect the commitment. Most people don't give a shit.

Slavs are here since 6th century, Poles since 10th century and that's all you need to know. - a thinking of majority.

Does anyone have that drawing of the ancient slavic rainbow colored beaked aliens?

>Welsch, just like Walloon, was a term meaning "stranger" used by Germanics for Celtic people. The Welsh were the original Britons who were driven to the east by the invading Germanics. Not vague at all.

Welsch originally only meant a specific Celtic tribe in Southern France. Then the term was extended to all Celts and later to all Romance peoples like Italians. So the meaning of the ethonym has changed considerably. A similar thing might have happened with the Wends. Another example for vague use of ethnonyms would be Scythian.

We already knew farming when Paul the Deacon lived, the Sami didn't.

My point about the Finnic Tarand grave culture remains; at that time the ancestors of Finns lived in the area influenced by it and we only later spread to Finland. When we moved here we became the new inhabitants of this land, with neighbouring peoples continuing to use the same term for us as they did for the Sami.

Read Fennen und Finnen. Tacitus’
Fennenschilderung in Vergleight mit Lappenschilderungen späterer Zeiten written by Karl Milan.

It's physically impossible to praise Vandals unbombastically. Praising based Vandals is bombastic by definition.

pt1
>The Fennians, described by the Roman historian Publicus Cornelius Tacitus
in his work Germania (98 AD), are commonly considered by the
Baltic-Finnish ancestors of the present-day Finns (Suomi-Finns;
Suomi=Finland). This argumentation is based not only on the shared name,
but also on their geographical location which scholars consider to
coincide exactly with the areas inhabited by the then Finns.
When comparing the description by Procopius of the Scrithiphini - commonly
considered by the scientific community to have been Lapps - to that of the
Fennians by Tacitus, the clear similarities in the two descriptions
attracted my attention. Therefore I started to study whether the later
accounts - which definitely concern the Lapps - have something in common
with the description of the Fennians by Tacticus.
To provide further evidence for my interpretation, I wanted to present
certain other statements and the respective argumentation. Certain experts
have insisted that - on the basis of linguistic and archaeological
evidence - the cultural level of the Baltic Finns, contemporary to
Tacitus, was far superior to that of the Fennians. The traditional
outlining of the living area of the Fennians has been shown to be without
contemporary knowledge of the Nordic regions, to locate his Fennians in
the areas where they actually belonged, i.e., the northern and eatern
parts of Fenno-Scandinavia. Contrary to the common belief, Fennians and
the Finni referred only to present Finns only after they had become the
inhabitants of the land of the Finni, i.e., the Lapps. The name Lapp
became established during that period of time to denote the original Finni.
Whilst studying and considering the above issues, I have become convinced
that in the last chapter of Germania, Tacitus provides an extremely
accurate and reliable account of the living conditions, customs and
character of the Lapps. The role of the Suomi-Finns is limited to the fact...

cont.

>that they are mentioned by a name that they have assumed fairly late and
that some of the Fennians by Tacitus had inhabited the areas of the
present Finland.
I rest my case.

>Welsch originally only meant a specific Celtic tribe in Southern France.

It is a Germanic term, so in Southern France? Which tribe, and your source?
Even if you are right, that must have been somewhere in the early iron age, not the late one.

>Then the term was extended to all Celts and later to all Romance peoples like Italians. So the meaning of the ethonym has changed considerably. A similar thing might have happened with the Wends. Another example for vague use of ethnonyms would be Scythian.

The term Scythian and to some extent Sarmatian was used for the land where these nomads used to roam. Again that is not vague, compare to what I explained here:
Naturally we are not talking about high-to-late medieval use of it, but late iron age/early medieval.

So we have the fact that the Germanic tribes being very consistent in who they name Waal, Wend or Finn (again, late iron age to early middle ages, the period relevant to the ethnogenesis of the Slavs and Poles), and showing similar co,nsistency as I've showed with the -varii system.

And the fact that Vandal and Wend basically mean the same, but Wandal is used for the germanic-speakers of late iron age (with specific Przeworsk culture which was unlike other 'true' germanics), while Wends (Venedi) are their eastern neighbours. I'd say it is pretty safe to assume their blood-relationship was fundamental to the Lugii being called Vandals.

I have saved your post and will look into the matter, I promise. It seems an interesting subject.

>Scrithiphini

The Scritofini or "jumping Finns", the description by Procopius, and W. Paul, is indeed very similar to Tacitus' Fenni, and Paul says they are the same. HE also claimed to possess a raindeer coat made by that tribe.

But really how different were the Suomi-Finns and Saami-"jumping Finns" in life-style, that is the real question.

Tell me about the Saami, why do they jump?

for you

It most likely was the way they hunted. I can imagine a mouth-foaming proto-Lapp jumping half-naked from his bush/hide-out on some little bunny rabbit frozen with terror from the sight.

Also how related are the names Suomi and Saami?

(and why, and since how long, do the Saami call the Suomi "shit-walkers"?)

>Read Fennen und Finnen. Tacitus’
>Fennenschilderung in Vergleight mit Lappenschilderungen späterer Zeiten written by Karl Milan.
Do you have a link to an online version of the book "Fennen und Finnen". I couldn't find it on bookzz.org will try torrents maybe?