Serboo#Josefino

Is Serbia the greatest unsung hero of Western civilization?
>fend off all the Muslim invasions in Medieval times that would have destroyed Europe as a Christian entity
>become weakened as a result of countless Pyrrhic wars
>get Balkanized by Yugoslavian minorities and later by Montenegro and Kosovo
>still be a proud Christian nation who will defend Her roots until the extinction of mankind

Other urls found in this thread:

theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?85565-Roman-Emperors-of-Illyrian-Dardanian-Origin
azerb.com/az-caucasian-albania.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hnPWbKFPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

South slavs are not good at many things, but the things are great are fighting and making war.

The problem is though, that they want to make war all the time. Even with each other when there are no muslims nearby.

They are one of the few countries that have every right to be butthurt. They got fucked by pretty much everybody.

>fend off Muslims
>was under Turkish rule for half a millenia

???

Not everybody. Only by NATO.

>fend off all the Muslim invasions in Medieval times that would have destroyed Europe as a Christian entity

Uhm...

The fucking irony of an Austrian say this. lol

350 years though and only part of our country.
Just stop acting like autists, Serbians literally did everything in their power to fight off Turks. Also, we were the first one to regain our independence from them.

What about all the times you helped the Turks? only very briefly did you ever go against the Turks.

1389 to 1830 is 441 years.

Nice proxy Lazare

>the country who benefitted the most from centuries of Orthodox sacrifice is being an ungrateful brat
As expected.

Serbs are a fucking joke.

>get raped by Turks 500 years
>be forced to give your daughters to the Sultan for his harem
>meanwhile Albania resisted for centuries and was never conquered (Turks occupied the lowlands only briefly)

Serbia didn't lose its independence in 1389, genius.

What times exactly? I remembered only two battles where serbian king sided with turks so we don't get ran over by their infinitely larger army. The rest of the time we were undremining them.

>The rest of the time we were undremining them.
nationalist historical revisions no doubt.

>using the words Serbia and great in the same sentence unironically

Please, educate me on my own history, dear abo friend.

>Albania resisted for centuries and was never conquered
Thanks for the laugh, Albanian-American.

they fought for the ottomans though

Why is it always the Turk/Albo/Croat diaspora that are ass ravaged in these thread?

>live under rule of one empire
>help that empire stop the aggression of another empire on your own land
>B-B-BUH YOU'RE TAKING SIDES WHY WON'T YOU LET US ATTACK YOU?

Because they're diaspora :^>

A lot of Albanians were advisers to kings and emperors and sometimes even emperors themselves (at least several Roman/Byzantine emperors were Albanian). What have Serbs ever done except get invaded by everyone, enslaved for hundreds of years, and then bombed when they tried to take it out on their neighbors?

WE WUZ

>sometimes even emperors themselves
[citation needed]

Why are Serbs the most delusional people on the internet?

theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?85565-Roman-Emperors-of-Illyrian-Dardanian-Origin

How would someone in Coast Rica even hear about Serbia?

>shiptar brigade

>>>>

Is that the year you ran away from Bosnia?

Ritam mi ljubav razbudi
ja pijana od ljubavi
na greh te nocas navodim
volim da zavodim

Ritam mi ljubav razbudi
ja pijana od ljubavi
na greh te nocas navela
lepota balkanska

>Illyrian

WE WUZ WE WUZ

WE WUZ BEST GREEKS WE WUZ GREEK INTELLECTUALS WE WUZ PROUD ALBANIA GREEK IS OUR CLAY FROM OUR CLAY YOU MAY COME OUR TURKEY COUSINS

Most of Latin America is familiar with Yugoslavia, mostly because of Tito and Unaligned Movement.

Costa Rica is a white colonial beach for north americans, it's not a shithole

Why don't you rwturn to Kosovo. Now that it's """""""""""""free"""""""""""" ?

Many of the classical Greek philosophers are believed to of Illyrian origin as well.

WE WUZ

I'd say anglos take first spot.

anglos so delusional they come off as complete shitbags

Not only are Arabanians Illyrians (kek), they're Greeks too now.

What's next, Romans?

Just Saiyan that Albanians lived on their land for millenia before Serbshit wandered in from Russia or wherever they came from.

>Implying not every sane person sees how retarded your people are

I'm German, go kys

Obvious trolling aside, the sheer amount of ignorance and stupidity in this thread is the reason I never bring up Serbian history on here, even though I would like to discuss it. It's as if there is no place on the internet for having a discussion without trolls, shills and outright retarded people giving their ignorant and uneducated opinions.

Don't you have a Bosnian preschool to bomb now?

>magyar
>literally a country of Slovenes, Croats and Slovaks

wew

Some famous individuals believed to be of Illyrian/Albanian ancestry include:

*Socrates
*Aristotle
*Emperor Augustus
*Leonardo DaVinci
*At least 3-4 Popes

Now, that hurt, it really did.

Just be sure that there will always people out there in the world who silently but greatly admires the unsung heroes like you. I also think it's hugely unfair that Merkel is trying to force you a Muslim refugee quota.

You forgot to use a German proxy.

I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not, but I'm no hero, kek. As for Merkel, we have no choice, really. What are we going to do, say "No, fuck you Merkel!"??? We can't afford that, it would be 1990's again, our government knows the backlash they would get from infuriated Serbs, and no one wants that. So we have to dance to the Merkel's music...

I'm not using proxies idiot. Should've been proven when I said "josefino" since literally no one from Europe would know what it means. Just a Law student with a big interest on Medieval Law.

Not sarcastic at all. I was just impressed by how little credit you get from the rest of Europe for all the bullshit you went through. Seriously, the volume of information about post-Muslim invasions far surpass the information about how the Muslim shitstorm got stopped. As a result, nobody recogbizes the Serbian role in the transition from Medieval to Modern times.

>WE WUZ

>1241, Mongolian invason of Hungary
>rate of Hungarians drops from almost 100% to around 80%
>Wars against the Ottomans
>rate of Hungarians drops from 80% to ~60-50%
>war against the Habsburg oppression in the Hungarian provinces
>rate of Hungarians drops from ~60-50% below 50%

Gee, I wonder which ethnicities fought and which were busy saving their asses or doing nothing.

>I was just impressed by how little credit you get from the rest of Europe for all the bullshit you went through.

This will never change. Only if Serbia does something great on a global level, like establish world peace or stop poverty in Africa or something like that, than rest of Europe MAYBE will recognize Serbia as "not so evil". Until then, we started the WW1, slaughtered Bosniaks and Croats mercilessly, you know, the usual stuff.

>As a result, nobody recogbizes the Serbian role in the transition from Medieval to Modern times.

About this you will hear/read even less than about the things I have mentioned above. No one ever questions why EVERYONE EVER who came in contact with Serbia wanted to conquer it. Many trading routes from Africa and Asia to Europe were passing through Serbia, as well as from Europe to those continents back. This meant that whoever controls the area around Serbia will have a very good access point to the trading goods, as well as different cultures, technologies and people. What happened during times when Serbia was a free and prosperous land with much to offer to anyone visiting it will forever be shadowed by the things I have mentioned above (again).

>>Wars against the Ottomans
Sorry about that, Magyarbro. We were unable to stop them, although Murad's head did roll

The only good thing that ever came out of Serbia was Tesla.

Also none of your facts are true.

Oh, God, no, I can't blame you, Ottos at that time were practically unstoppable, only a stabile and powerful state could have fended them off. Hungary had better chances against the Ottos than the Serbians and look what happened.

My problem with our Slovenian friend was merely that a lot of people from the surrounding countries think that they have always been present in the Carpathian Basin in the rate of today, while in truth, it is the result of post-Otto repopulation efforts.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Ottos at that time were practically unstoppable, only a stabile and powerful state could have fended them off

Agreed. I wonder if our leaders have thought of this, but even if they did, I doubt they would accept to be a vassal state for the Ottomans.

>while in truth, it is the result of post-Otto repopulation efforts.

True and true.

ebin bait

ha!

azerb.com/az-caucasian-albania.html

Sweet Jesus, how could I have missed such a retarded post.

Serbia is a poor shithole and Serbians are no different from Turks.

>Serbians are no different from Turks.
This is disappointing. You literally did not even try, you just typed the first dumbass thing that came up to you. Just kill yourself and make it easier for us all

Visit Vienna, you won't notice a difference between you and the Turks, sorry to say

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hnPWbKFPc

typical Serb in Vienna

Hitler please leave.

>fend of Muslim invasion

That's just plain wrong. It was Byzantium and Bulgaria who fended off the Arab invasions until they fell down to the Turks. After that, Bulgaria did most of the work in the First Balkan war against the Turks.

And this isn't even patriotism speaking, it's just facts. The only thing the Serbs did is Srebrenica.

>And this isn't even patriotism speaking
Yeah and I don't speak Spanish.

Learn your history, Serb diaspora. The Arabs never even went close to Serbia until the Turks managed to conquer the last three Bulgarian kingdoms.

Serbia literally never went against any Muslim invasions until the Ottomans, and the Ottomans conquered the biggest state they ever had from the first try.

Bulgaria and Byzantium literally repelled the biggest Muslim invasion ever in 717-718 when Serbia didn't even exist.

>Gee, I wonder which ethnicities fought and which were busy saving their asses or doing nothing.
what are you trying to imply here?

Serbia isn't even Western Civilization you idiot. We are mostly Orthodox and Western Civilization is Protestant/Catholic and soon Islamic.

I don't think he is talking about croats but slovaks and Slovenians

he better be

They "resisted" by becoming muslims, right?

This

You are western

Exactly, the Croats had their fair share of losses against the Turks.

Yes we had our shares with Hungarians but we also had more Autonomy and recognition than Slovaks and Slovenians, Hungarian kings had to be crowned with a Croatian crown aswell.

They are our gratest ally.

Proofs?

Because the diaspora still doesn't realize that all three countries are just one big meme, a joke.

Only by living here and seeing all the retardation can you come to peace with it and become immune to the butthurt.

No honor killings, no open shitting in the streets, no brutal escalator and elevator accidents, no gender segregation, no capital punishment for faggotry, no chopping off hands for stealing, no belief in witches, no imprisonment for calling vučić a giant faggot on facebook

Honestly i live in Chicago and croats and Serbs don't fight each other here

That's because it's America and there's no soccer events for the bydlo to come out.

Western Civilization is mostly Catholic/Protestant countries with centuries of free market economics and liberal political philosophy. Neither we, you, Russia, Poland, baltics, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania etc had any of that for such a long period of time. We only adapted all those ideas since after 1991 there were no alternatives. You can't just imitate western ideas and political and economic principles and call yourself "Western". The only true Western Civilization is Germany, Austria, Italy and everything West from them.

Cuck

We're not Eastern Civilizations, we're Eastern Europe that's what you're getting at

>Is Serbia the greatest unsung hero of Western civilization?
>>fend off all the Muslim invasions in Medieval times that would have destroyed Europe as a Christian entity
>>become weakened as a result of countless Pyrrhic wars
>>get Balkanized by Yugoslavian minorities and later by Montenegro and Kosovo
>>still be a proud Christian nation who will defend Her roots until the extinction of mankind

Isn't soccer a children's sport

And you failed. Miserably. And now you're Turk rape babies.

Srbja stronk!

You have the wrong idea, even if you started from 1991 you're THE western generation.

From a historical standpoint, you can thank the Greeks/Byzantines for the determination of what is eastern and western. They were the center of the world at the time and everything east of Greece was considered Middle East, then further away Far East. As it stands today. Everything west of Greece is the west, but the balkans are still western.

Maybe in the US, it has a pretty big fame in Europe for some reason. In Eastern Europe, football hooliganism is heavily mixed with far right ideals and radicalism in general, the fans of one nation/club would clash with the fans of the other nation/club, even during matches.

>In Eastern Europe, football hooliganism is heavily mixed with far right ideals and radicalism in general, the fans of one nation/club would clash with the fans of the s other nation/club, even during matches.

Same here, although the authorities have screwed their thumbs so hard it's basically a thing of the past now. But during the 1980s and 1990s hooliganism was a big thing and far-right private militias like ODAL always recruted from them.