Crackdown on Video Games in Korea

I've been reading about a crackdown against video games that's going on in South Korea right now.
Is it true and what dou you think about that?

I think it's great thing, because wasting your time on games is harmful to yourself and to society as a whole, so it should be fought like smoking and alcohol. Too many youths are wasting their precious time on PC and intenet instead of studying or playing (physical) sports. It really has become a serious threat to our health and economic future; not just a personal preference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzZqU8cCbVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Sup Forumsermin getting BTFO
absolutely based

Another authoritarian policy of conservative Korean government

That's how I see it

Are gamers considered lower on the totem pole than K-pop fans in Worst Korea?

There was a huge PR campaign againt Starcraft in 1999-2000, ads in just about every medium. Seoul was fucking plastered with these banners. Think of the western anti-drug campaigns, they were just like that.

By the way, there was similar campaign againt dog farming in early 90's, but it was pulled only few weeks in when dog farmers burned few government buildings down.

The fun Police

They are working hard to stop you from having fun.

One should remember that SK is the only non-commie, non-nigger, non-mudslide country where police can do absolutely anything - from torture (they tend to like water) to keeping one in isolated cell without even starting investigation for weeks - and its not too long ago when they had completely authoritarian, non-democratic government just like in the North.
So some anti-gayming campaigning is pretty mild stuff.

I can understand South Korean government doing this. They have people who play video games several days straight until they die from exhaustion. It's not normal and it definitely isn't healthy. You should get up and walk around every hour or you can get bloodclots.

>dog farmers

WTF I already hated Koreans but I hate them more now

>They have people who play video games several days straight until they die from exhaustion.
You think there isnt those in Japan, China, Singapore and just about every Western country in same quantities? Those are just extreme cases which make the headlines.

Indeed, they are a democratic country with a very low percentage of freedom. And that hive mentality they got going on will not help

Oh yes. And those farms look like some serious 3rd world shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzZqU8cCbVA

Physical sports are a complete waste. How could anyone be entertained by moving a ball around a field? Boring as fuck.

Fair enough, how are they supposed to toil efficiently in the Samsung slave pits if they play video games all the time?

People in the US are too lazy to do that. Asians seem to take it more seriously.

>they eat dogs
>they are basically current age cyborgs
>obsessed with idol/pop shit
>DONT PRAY DAT GEMU

I'm siding with Japan now, fuck SK.

well i'm a loser and I play video games

>I think it's great thing, because wasting your time on games is harmful to yourself and to society as a whole,

Are you literally brain dead

Korea's a hellish society, take the 80 hour work-weeks of Japan and the shame-based society but add even more alcoholism and the looming threat of North Korea. No wonder young people want to escape reality.

>says fucking third world dying out Serbia

>study to get into good school
>get into school to get a good job
>get good job to afford shelter and video games

why not skip all that shit and just go straight for the vidya. korean fun police will never understand

So any sources or are we just being Netuyous?

I would say social media addiction is more ignored than video game addiction but both are terrible.

At least we don't eat dogs

>you can only commit to hobbies permited by the government
Nice

But Americans love football(the American one)

good post.

You mean "american rugby"?

Good.
Korea is based and so is kpop.

Only losers play videogames. A real man works 15 hours a day to make his boss rich and sustain his wife and his wife's son.

Lots of Korean men with shitty jobs don't rent an apartment but 'live' in PC Bangs (shitty internet cafes) instead to waste all their time smoking and playing League of Legends.

Actually I'd probably do the same if I had to live there.