Oust mpv shills from the board

> mpc-hc is not updated user
> mpv is not a cheap knock-off of madVR user that can run even basic filters like BlueskyFRC
those shills don't even understand nobody gives a shit about mpc-hc to begin with, it's the directshow filters that make windows experience superior, they have the best rendering methods by far

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zachsaw/MPDN_Extensions/tree/master/Extensions/RenderScripts/DebandExperimental
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> mpc-hc has no updates for months user
> trust us user

> please user, trust us user
> nobody cares to update it with pull requests user

Looks dead

Yes!
Linux users: mpv
Windows users: mpv or MPDN
MacOS users: mpv with iina frontend

GNU/Linux*

Mpv is great, the followers of Mpv are the problem. They are loud, obnoxious and most likely autistic. It's like the software version of Islam.

*Linux

To be honest, yes, but they also exaggerate. Mpv is ok if you are trapped in linux. There is nothing on it that is great for a windows user simply because DirectShow filters like madVR and BlueskyFRC are important.

>2017
>directshow
You are like all these old retards that are still buying DVD.

nobody gives a shit about the API's origin, that's where the best filters are.
> muh "M$ winblows" meme
fuck off

MPV just works and works fine, SMPlayer uses it in the backend. YOU can fuck off

> I'm content with worse software
> I will still shill it as superior
fuck off out of /technology/

No and no, shits based on shits are still shits.

Look at the madVR example, the author doesn't give a shit about code quality, result it's a shit and he is currently working on a paid shit.

And bluesky shit is based on an oldie from AMD, their developers don't give a shit about it anymore because it's a shit.

>I've never used madVR in my life and I know nothing about it
fuck off kid

mpv is shit and a pain in the ass to use. why is Sup Forums so masochistic?

loonix users trapped into their os having cognitive dissonance about it

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

lol but vlc exists on lunix and its better than mpv

I have no problems with mpv, its pretty good. mpv shills on other hand... Pretty fucking insecure and annoying.

>madvr is less complete than current vo_opengl
>madvr is still using 1990s technology to sell it to winxp users
>madvr v1.0 will be a paid release
>the next libultra/libplacebo library will destroy any other renderers
>bluesky is very bad and probably doesn't work with new amd cards

>madvr v1.0 will be a paid release
Why do you think so?
>the next libultra/libplacebo library will destroy any other renderers
How?

> sources: my fat ass and manboobs

Because madshi said it some months ago and all other madThings are paid.

Please explain, it seems to be the best today.

He never said that.

You are wrong dude, he wrote it multiple time on doom9.
Ask him on doom9 or by mail now and he will respond you "maybe" because mpv is free and opensource.

>all other madThings are paid.
A quick glance at his personal forum reveals 100% of them are Delphi extensions for programmers.
Why do you mix them with a renderer so easily?

Youre going tp provide some source to your claim?

Just use the dumb doom9 search engine retard. Furthermore he is targeting novices now to increase his future customers.

>i cant provide source but you have to believe me
Okay.

from what i remember, he said on doom9 that he might create a madvr version with some extra features that costs money. but that there is always going to be a free version with the most important features in it.

Just wait and see.

>2017
>using his money for a directshow filter

It seems software-suicide to release only paid stuff on a free to use community like the mpc-hc/directshow/free renderers community of windows. He is a smart person. I bet he knows that.

Smart people are also the most stupid ones.
I prefer to be a decent person in everything than being a god in one subject and become a retard in everything else because I don't have time to do all the other things.

Alright. Can you at least elaborate on libultra/libplacebo?

Did anyone try the new deband algo from Shiandow?
Why the fuck does he need to downscale shit for debanding?
github.com/zachsaw/MPDN_Extensions/tree/master/Extensions/RenderScripts/DebandExperimental

>MPDN
Someone uses that?

The vo_opengl will be externalize to a new and portable library.
The vulkan support is mostly done and will destroy any other renderers.

No, but mpv users like the shiandow's shaders ported and improved by igv.

I dont see how we can benefit performance wise from vulkan based renderer to be honest.

You can't imagine how awful and unoptimized the current opengl and directx stacks are. Vulkan is our savior.

>The vulkan support is mostly done and will destroy any other renderers.
> more news out of my manboobs and ass

>awful and unoptimized the current opengl and directx stacks are. Vulkan is our savior.
Performance is irrelevant to quality of output. Some people simply do not need it. It's an entirely different subject.
Also, since when do you have exclusive access to the use of Vulkan and sister APIs (OpenGL3/Direct3D12)?

Happy developers produce better code.

>Deband Experimental from MPDN extensions
For those interested in knowing how it works: (the following may contain some technical terms) basically it tries to detect really low intensity edges and remove them. If you turn on 'preserve detail' it will also try to preserve local minima and maxima. Meaning that it, for example, won't lower the brightness of a pixel if it's brighter than it's surroundings. The method also uses a so called 'image pyramid' to look at the images across different scales (this is what allows it to blur large bands while keeping small details). Basically it creates a sequence of downscaled images and then starting from the end of the sequence it reconstructs the original image step by step, using the sequence of downscaled images to recover lost detailwhile throwing away the details it doesn't want.

Personally I think this results in what could be the best debanding method yet, I've yet to see any other method where you don't have to choose between removing bands and throwing away detail. I'm really interested to hear what you all think of it.

Well... youre still losing detail. But the concept is pretty cool. I hope madshi implements it soon.

If it's good enough or easily improvable, it will probably be ported to mpv first.

sounds like it would be prone to artifacting in new and retarded ways

Yes but is it better than current deband shaders available?

no

I came looking for an mpv thread to ask about my audio issues, of which MPC-HC has no problem.

Possibly, but no deband shaders are quite as good as gradfun3 anyway.

I have no issues with mpv