Windows Server on ARM: It's happening

>Microsoft has committed publicly to use ARM chips in machines that will be running cloud services in its own datacenters before year-end.

IT'S HAPPENING, FOLKS!

zdnet.com/article/windows-server-on-arm-its-happening/

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-08/microsoft-pledges-to-use-arm-server-chips-threatening-intel-s-dominance

>not Linux/BSD
>server

Noice. So how many decades until we get single ARM chips capable of over 3 TFLOPS of FP64 while consuming less than 300W and can run x86 software without a performance penalty?

x86 is FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Windows 10 on ARM supports win32 emulation, so expect normies to start switching to ARM laptops because they'll be marketed as being cheaper and having better battery life in slimmer, sexier form factors. ARM will take over the server market because moar cores + less power consumption. The only market that will use x86 in the future is work stations and gaymers.

>run x86 software
For what purpose does it need to be x86?

Tru. I forgot that 99.99999% of widely used proprietary server software was written for ARM processors.

Silly me.

>proprietary server software
Okay.

linux has run on arm for decades

/thread

Is this relevant? Even C can compile to both x86 and ARM.
As long as you're not an assembly programmer (lel) or an intel jew this doesn't matter.

>will replace all azure cloud with chink ARM CPUs
>gigantic loss for xeon

Any ARM related stocks to buy?

I don't know shit about stocks tho

Neither do so-called experts.

Stocks = Gambling.

Everyone who thinks otherwise are deluded morons.

but the finest french engineers start at 200k / year in trading companies, there must be some way

Softbank moved its %25 ARM stake to its Saudi fund. Wait for news on that.

>Windows server
Those dozen people will be ecstatic.

>Xeon Phi
It's a fucking barrel processor, it's not general-purpose, you can't program it the same way as any other x86 CPU if you don't want abysmal performance. At best, it's a janky GPGPU competitor.

stay poor faggit

Azure has a lot of customers.

What about IIS and SQL Server?

Everything I've read specifically mentions Qualcomm only. It's fucking nothing.

SHILL