Do people learning english as a second language tend to imitate a british accent or an american accent?

do people learning english as a second language tend to imitate a british accent or an american accent?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/
vocaroo.com/i/s08gYcPkOu0F
vocaroo.com/i/s1lMykgHNdfB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Southern accent, since it's the most cool sounding one.

Depends on the curriculum. I was born in America and raised abroad, some people tell me I have a hint of a British accent - more noticeable when I'm crazed drunk.

*pukes*

i wish i had Richard Dreyfuss accent
but i only sound like a mexican :¬(

Yank due to your media and it sounds utterly awful.

They shouldn't be trying to imitate either of us and should have their own accents otherwise it just sounds tryhard.

The denbt collector is right. I don't know why you yanks always have this intense disgust of your south when it is the best region.

The accents are pretty sexy too.

How do you suggest they try that?

Typically they do, I was just curious what example learners normally go by

>I don't know why you yanks always have this intense disgust of your south
because alabama exists

Neither. I just use a Dutch accent. :^)

That's actually the sexiest accent of them all.

southern is badass

i want to sing

British but then yank media takes over.

So brits don't like American accents, except for southern accents? Intredasting.

school books here are trying to teach british english but most people just speak american english.

Sure, but the people...

The others just sound nasally.

vocaroo.com/

Show us.

I would but I don't have a mic.

This, I can tell a few apart but you all sound like you're choking on dicks, unless you're from the south like Tennessee.

british grammar, american accent

phone?

school taught me generic RP-like but I turned to generic Yorkshire-like because Sean Bean

A frog with a yank accent, now that I have to see.

American
You hear it more often
It is easier

VOCAROO!

vocaroo.com/i/s08gYcPkOu0F

never implied we can do it

I like to imitate stereotypical Scottish accent when talking to Americans

their brains just switch off

At schools we learn British English therefore we try saying words in that way. Even so, people who really know language speak with murican accent, because all tv stuff, music, and etc from Murica.

Same desu

To be fair, so do the Scots.

vocaroo.com/i/s1lMykgHNdfB

Audibly laughed.

say 'deez nuts' in your most enthusiastic voice

murican cause of TV

'Murican, since its impossible for a finn to speak with english accent even tho its better than american

finnish accents

Finns all seem to have really deep voices from what I have encountered.

we sound exactly like russians and its nearly impossible to have decent accent while keeping finnish as your main language

This. I think it just sounds awful when a non-native tries to imitate British accent. General American is basically the only choice

Most people say I have a generic American accent for the most part except for some words where I sound either foreign or British.

Diiss baesktboll me ataik et eni tyam

Depends on who is teaching

They either learn RP or SA