/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

nato looks like shit
idk why this fag loves it

3rd for watches, knives, pens, and shilling

Anyone wanna talk about how noble their family is?

Axis powers memes

how much noble is it?

So after leaving it on the closet for like 8 months i finally got the courage to buy a tool to open the caseback of my SKX013 and fix the loose rotor.
It was pretty easy actually, 5 minutes and it was done. The rotor was literally fucking loose and just fell off when i turned the watch upside down after opening it.
I was getting tired of wearing just my Orient Mako ever since i lost my Komandirskie.

my great great great great great grandfather was chief slop bucket emptier at the court of the king.

nah for real, he keep saying he is noble or some shit

Are chronographs a meme?

Is it just something you need to have at least one of in your collection?

yes

no

>was told Zeniths don't hold their value.
>Can't find a used 1969 El Primero reissue for cheaper than a brand new Speedy Pro

>Is it just something you need to have at least one of in your collection?

According to the law you need, yes. God I wish collecting laws didn't exist and I could just buy what I like and not what other people force on me

I use mine daily, mate; for cooking, timing my shits, timing parking meters, timing the gf's dress up time so I can yell at her, etc.

It's a memory stick...

Do you prefer your SKX or the Mako? Also are your wrist smaller and how does the Mako fit if it's that?

>tfw own a manual wind chronograph but don't want to use it that much in case it breaks

When I'm cooking I use my casio terrorist lol

Its the casual canvas look.
I like them too desu

My last name literally means mountain peasant....

Fuck i love that sinn is that the 104

Just got my tax return.
Name me a quality chrono w moon phase for ~1000UDS

I'm a skinny fuck but haven't measured my wrists yet (I weight like 51kg) and while the Mako is fine it's also the maximum i can endure to use without looking ridiculous.
I think the Mako is better finished (polished/brushed parts and the SKX013 is almost all polished) and the movement has been more reliable on the years i've had it but i prefer the Seiko for the design and size.

I think the only chronos with a moon phase you're getting for $1,000 are chinese.

Damn... fine w/o moon then?

EINSATZZEITMESSER 3 (mission timer 3)

Entry Level Luxury, Swiss, Display Case back, 38mm or smaller, sports.

Anyone?

The El primero movement shits all over the moonwatch's, it's not even close.

shit okay better quality, fucked it up. still sorry for the size.
here's the mako and the skx013.

Take your pic of any kilobuck eta shitter.

never seen a pepsi bezel before on a 013, is it aftermarket? And the Mako is blue, right? Most people really rave about that color

In house and automatic.

I brought the SKX013 a long time ago and it wasn't brand new, chances are it's aftermarket i guess. It looks really good when light catches on and is miles better than the Mako bezel insert IMHO (although the bezel itself is better finished on the Mako).
Yeah the Mako dial is blue, i don't like it much but i learned to live with it, what i really hate are the numbers and the font for the water resistant text.

Nomos?

thank, I think I'll go with the SKX

>Nomos
German...

Yeah if you're skinny like me i'd go with that, otherwise look at the SKX007 (009 as i like Pepsi bezels) everyone has i guess, the Mako is WAY better finished and more reliable imho but the design on the SKX013 is everything i want and love whereas the quality on the Mako might not really compensate the design inconsistencies for me.
One thing that used to bother me is why the fuck the extra pusher on the Mako is used to change the week day instead of the month, month would be more useful since if you wear it all the time you'll need to change on the month changes but weeks never change.

Don't forget about the Mako/Ray II and the Mako USA II

oris

GURAAAANDURUU SEEIIIIIIIKO

I was thinking about the II version. It is objectively better than the SKX, but it just doesn't do it for me and getting stuck with a watch that you have to tolerate doesn't sound so exciting.

My wrists are pretty skinny, but I have some other watches that are 46mm lug to lug, so I'll shoot for the 007. Not to mention that it costs about 150 bucks, while the 013 is 200 or so. The only choice is bracelet or rubber band. I heard that the rubber strap tends to stick out on a smaller wrist. What did you get your 013 on? It's interesting if the 20mm rubber strap is shorter, that might push me to go for the 013

Post the sexiest watch you own
Pic related.

damn, now that's sexy

I got it on the rubber but i tossed it away (people will tell you to boil it to fit your wrists better or something but honestly i didn't bother). I love NATOs and i can't find a decent and cheap-ass shit bracelet so i just keep it on the NATO. And yeah the rubber strap sticks out on skinny wrists. Same for the Mako rubber strap.

My one gripe with orient is their ass straps.

>oris
>in house movement
This one?

that is up to you

Dis my OG (Original Grain) Rosegold Zebrawood watch.

looks like a 5$ chinkshit and it's too big for you

In house movement is a meme.

I'm actually a real Nigerian prince but I don't tell people in real life.

Is that 40mm?

No, and no.

You can and should collect whatever genres and complications you enjoy, as long as they aren't shitters or dogshit.

Personally, my horological interests are in the best engineered production three handers and chronographs, with a general bent towards fairly austere designs, baton indices, and dauphine hands, so that's what I collect.

i just want swiss mechanical automatic that is actually small... like less than 38mm

The El Primero is a much better chronograph movement and the 1969 re-issue is one of the few non-hideous Zenith's.

Weak. I regularly use the chronograph function on my Lemania 5100 even though I know it wears the reset spring (I already have an extra NOS one on hand).

I'm fairly certain that the in-house movement models from Oris and Frederique Constant/Alpina are going to your only options that satisfy all those criteria.

Unless you count Omega as in-house?

Hey I get compliments on it all the time and it fits me perfectly. So I ain't complaining.

Yes its 40mm

>fits me perfectly
yeah like a dinner plate on your wrist

In my opinion, its my 1975 King Seiko Special 5256-8010.

3big5yuu!

A watch is a watch is a watch.

D O G S H I T
O
G
S
H
I
T

R8 my holy grail

Only 12k bros

PURE CLASS

How scratchful are the gold-tone Seikos?

those knives are gay as fuck

if you want a real gentleman's knife get a chris reeve mnandi

>actually go out camping
>use a cheap, simple tool knife

have fun with your hipster knifettes, fags

Cocktail Time.
5 days away though.
>pic related

While I also have Moras for camping and fishing, it is nice to have something in your pocket all the time

I was just shit-posting, would love to get some smaller, nicer knife for casual use

Thanks to the user who posted the link to the luch yesterday i ordered one

Knives are technology, you can go back to your shitty trap threads:

Are you a QT grill?

Might be technology, but its not watches. Fuck off

Who /astronaut/ here?

So here is an actual watch related topic to ponder: Why do some watch companies seem constitutionally incapable of not making mistakes?

Citizen has the capacity to really make a dent in ETA 2824-2 usage by micro-brands if they would only release a version of the Miyota 9015 with a micro-adjuster and some better factory adjustment, yet they don't.

They could sell more Citizen watches to WIS if they actually USED the 9015 in some more models.

They could sell more Citizen watches if they could resist the temptation to make them all mallcore as fuck.

They could do the same with Bulova, which they own.

And now they bought Frederique Constant, hitherto known for their uninspired discount JLC homages. Is there any chance they are going to make a success out of FC and Alpina?

That looks faker than shit.

Oh yeah? It's over 40 years old.

Or add a chrono module to the 9015. Hell, just make 8110s again.

Looks good, is the lume repainted?

You're asking why Citizen doesn't get out of market where they make a profit. Why would they spend more money on making a better product?

nominal gains bro

No. This is about 10 seconds after I shined my Surefire directly on it for 5 seconds. It will stay bright like a new watch for like 5 seconds then disappears quickly.

Rip but also a very cool watch

Really want the Aevig Corvid automatic. Such a clean design.

Ok, fags, what is actually wrong w/ natos if you aren't putting them on something above IWC tier

They're bulky and cheap looking. Something like the group b straps or two piece nylon straps are fine though.

What is a good swiss automatic dress watch that looks like this, but that isn't a shitty Raymond Weil and doesn't cost more than 1k-2k?

That is exactly why you would want to put it on a lower end watch. I'd rather the strap match the watch than have the strap try to dress up a shitter.

>below 5,000
absolute shitter territory.

got my first watch

ABSOLUUUUUUUUUUUUUTELY amazing

i love it

where's the snk809k2 made in? heard malaysia but some sites are showing japan and china for the same model number

post pics!

im of royal blood. one of the greatest admirals of all time, a GOAT is a direct ancestor.

you could say im a BIG man

love that strap on the sinn

hello big boy

zzz

broke my phone in a fit of rage

new one is coming by mail

It's a EULIT Palma, FYI.

I think chronos are really neat. In fact, my dream watch is the Datograph.
But I like the purity of time-only watches more and more, and don't see myself actually owning a chrono anytime soon.

They're much more expensive than Speedmaters when new though...