Well I ignored the signs and my LG G4 has begun to bootloop...

Well I ignored the signs and my LG G4 has begun to bootloop, what is a good replacement for this that has an equally good camera?

LG G3
/thread

XZ/XZs

>equally good camera

LG v20

>My G4 bootlooped
>took it to T-Mobile
>had a replacement come in the mail the next day
>send the old one in the box they sent
>no charges at all

The replacement had no issues but I was still wary because it was still an early model of it.

I have the V20 now. Best phone I've owned so far. Would recommend.

What are said signs to look out for

Yeah, probably the last phone LG is going to make with a removable battery :(

Also I have a LG G3 and was looking at upgrading to a G4, but the boot-loop issue makes me wary (especially since I'd be buying the phone second hand)

Your phone will overheat one day, hotter than ever before, and the SOC will desolder itself.

I think they fixed it with a newer revision of it. The sticker behind the battery should say what model it is. Don't remember the details exactly. My second G4 had zero issues until I traded it in for a Note 7 (big mistake). Took that in afterward for the V20.

> Calling /thread on your own post
Kek

I have a v20 too, and I'm starting to get carpal tunnel from the larger screen and overusing ehviewer, but the audio is great and muh battery makes it better than the upcoming g6, even if it is a little big for my taste

Yeah I have no intentions of getting a G6. The G5 was pretty stupid, too. Hopefully the V series keeps the aluminum body with a removable battery. I have fairly large hands so the size is perfect for me.

Phone was a bitch to get a hold of, though. T-Mobile stores were always out of stock and I had to go to a neighboring town to get one. They're not piled up like Samsung phones.

Doesn't the v20 also have bootloop issues?

Basically all LG devices from the past four years do.

I wouldn't buy another LG.

Sent from my G3 hahaha oh man

I have a v20 and it's a great phone but I'm past Sprint's return period and I'm worried it's just going to die one day. What do I do? Is there anything specific that causes bootloop?

Fucking this, was just using mine to listen to music and it was slightly warm. Next day just browsing on my phone and it shut off, went to power it back on and no dice. Was stuck without it for 2 weeks and also it now has a wonderful phantom input thing where it starts pressing shit when you aren't anywhere near that part of the screen for a few second, sometimes it only does it once or twice, other times it fucks around for a few minutes at a time which is really fucking frustrating.

Best thing to do: sell it on Craigslist and buy something better
Next best: use it and hope for the best

You can't do anything

Looks like there have been way fewer cases than the G4. V20 runs much cooler than the G4 from my experience so I don't expect a bootloop to happen.

>Is there anything specific that causes bootloop?
shitty soldering

you should take it apart and redo the solders yourself

yup there was exactly one in my area when I went to get it a month after launch, ish

the store rep didn't know what the fuck they were doing, should have just transferred data myself

Very worth it, though. It was the only phone I could think of that matched the Note 7's specs that I didn't have to buy full price. They kept asking if I wanted the S7 Edge but I hate the edge gimmick after using my friend's phone. Normal S7 was too small for me, too.

what exactly do you hate about the edge?

The edge is far too dramatic on the S7. Kept accidentally using the edge features. I turned them off on my Note 7. The edge was far less intense than the S7 so it just made it look like it had no bezels on the sides.

+1 for G3.

What do you like about the v20?

Sorry for the late reply.

>All metal body, none of that glass all around bullshit
>removable battery and SD card support
>pretty big built in storage
>large screen for my xbox hueg hands
>second screen is pretty useful for app switching without using the recent apps menu
>battery life is much better than the G4 and almost on par with the Note 7 I used to have, but with swappable batteries it's better
>the LG software is better than Samsung's in my opinion, easy to disable bloat without having to root
>double tapping the screen to wake it feels natural
>camera is the best I've used so far. The wide angle lens is very useful in tight spaces

Buy a DSLR