Greece is the best nation

The achievements of the Greeks are the only reason why our standard of living today is possible. Greece does not need to pay debts; the entire world is eternally in debt to Greece.

Can you refute this?

(Spoiler Alert: You cannot)

GREECE
GREECE
U VERY NICE PLACE

Greeks are one of the few europeans liked here

Are you a Greek?
I am a Greek

oh yeah i am a greek

ı am grek

No, unfortunately I am not Greek. I devote most of my free time to studying the Greek language, and I plan to move to Greece one day and help Greece recover from the crisis to the best of my ability. After that, I will hopefully marry a Greek and start a family, if the glorious Greek people accept me.

But i am grec

Accept the Greeks as the true inheritors of the Romans and the Turks as devilspawn and you shall be accepted

Bumpoulopoulous

Popadolopalopolous

greeks in greece today aren't the same as greeks of old

proffs?

THE CANADIAN HAS SPOKEN, INT.

i am grek btw

Explain. If anything, modern Greeks are better. Maybe not economically, but culturally and in terms of the people themselves.

I am Greek

helo i am grek
grek is best okay?
its me papadiopoulos

cool. are you grek?

Modern greece has virtually no connections at all with the hellenes of ancient time and any serious scholar will tell you this is true. Modern greece was founded in 1824 and the population largely consisted of transplanted Albanians and slavs as well as christian refugees from the old Ottoman empire.

Considering that the Athenian city state was in its prime roughly 2300 years ago, and it's fall began after Alexander the Great invaded it in 325 BC - the very word "Greek" is a misnomer in that it was never used as a self description by the peoples who occupied that peninsula during their era. Modern Greeks got their name during the mid-nineteenth century, mostly from European writers and intellectuals who wished to resurrect the glories of Ancient Athens and its Golden Age.

Sorry but this is the truth and no amount of wishing can change the fact that in terms of culture ,history, language and DNA, the modern Greek state has nothing to do with the old.

tl;dr greeks are a mix of slavshit and turk

but where are a proffs?

proffs?

my peepee

u can ask ur mommy 2 come get

Explain then how we can observe the development of the Ancient Greek language throughout history, from Ancient Greek, to Koine Greek, to Medieval Greek, to Modern Greek. We can see the gradual changes over time, and the Greek language of today is the direct descendant of the tongue that the Ancient Greeks themselves spoke.

just because a language has a continuum doesn't mean the people speaking it are the same

assmad gayreek diaspora pls go

Modern greek was mostly made up in the 1820-40's to assimilate slavs and Albanians

I am Greek
Canadia is subhuman fake country

essentially this, though it's not the whole story

get out of croatia pls, croats are gr8 people and don't deserve your gayreekness near them

I want you to leave this thread. h8ers gonna h8

I am a greek and I think Canada is lovely

i am a greek

Language is the primary mark of a culture. You can tell when an immigrant family to America has lost its culture: the generation that no longer speaks its language. The Greeks managed to hold onto their language and their culture. Yes, the Greek Culture of today is not Ancient Greek culture, nor is the language, but they are both the modern offspring that has developed over the years. I am not saying that Modern Greeks have an identical culture to Ancient Greeks, but it is truly the modern development of it, just as the modern Chinese are the descendants culturally and linguistically of their ancient forebears.

again, retarded

greeks that live in greece today =/= ancient greeks whether in terms of genetic descent or otherwise

>T*rks posting under Western flags
Everytime

You are missing the point. Of course Modern Greeks are not Ancient Greeks, just as the ancient Chinese are not the modern Chinese. They are the modern development of their ancient ancestors, and no one is denying that change has occurred in this time.

>T*rk posting from the homeland

Leave my country I am a Greek

I am Greek

If an Italian says he's Roman it's fine
If I say that I'm Hellenic half of Sup Forums gets buttblasted...

>If an Italian says he's Roman it's fine
ahhahahahahahahhahah

we don't give a shit, really

turks are even bigger cockroaches than gayreeks

turks are literally the same shit as gayreeks or they're anatolian trash/kurd/arab/iranid mixes, literally a cockroach race without even memeing who roleplay as turkics

part of hellenic culture yeah, but descendant of ancient greeks? nah

έχεις δίkιο ο αδερφός μου

Honestly, I do not understand why this happens. If anything, modern Greeks are far closer to ancient Greeks than Italians are close to Romans. Do not mind them though, Greece is still the best country, regardless of what they think.

I am Greek

>If an Italian says he's Roman it's fine

hello where are the discussion about greks :DDDD

I am Greek

Ask me anything

hello
i am greek too
enjoy sunshine my hellenic brother

are you greek?

Everyone who is a good person has some amount of Greek in him somewhere.

Can someone explain me this new meme?

grek

are you greek master race???

A person's descendents should not benefit, nor hurt the person in any way.
Modern day greeks are victims of their shitty government's spending and lying.

only if you are a real grek, son of socrates

You are correct about the spending and lying. It is not fair for people to be enraged with the Greek people, because it is not their fault. It is only the fault of a few individuals. Most Greek people are great people, definitely the nicest in the world.