Will internet completely kill cable?

Will internet completely kill cable?

Other urls found in this thread:

networkworld.com/article/3124948/lan-wan/ieee-sets-new-ethernet-standard-that-brings-5x-the-speed-without-disruptive-cable-changes.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GlTy1H7p5ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Already has. Next shit thread.

Yes already. I won't happen overnight or anything (there are people who still ready physical newspapers), but a separate dedicated data stream is obviously something that is unnecessary (since the vast majority of internet traffic is video feeds anyway).

Already did. (((Cable))) companies btfo.

What's the difference with (((Internet))) companies?

I wouldn't know, I haven't watched TV in over 4 years.

funny, same. But i didnt migrate to any of these shit services instead, i just quit

>implying all the internet companies aren't own by cable companies

How exactly are they getting BTFO?

All of the internet providers are also cable providers, at least here in my country. They won't lose shit.

It already did, how many people sub 30 who are watching TV do you know?

A lot because normies are stupid. They don't realize that instead of watching a TV show and sitting through 30 minutes of commercials, they could wait 15 mins after a show airs, download it, and watch it commercial free.

I really think streaming services will benefit from having virtual "channels" however.

I know it happens to me, and a lot of people i know, but you do find yourself getting "paralysed" with choice on Netflix. So if they have a streaming channel that functions in a similar way to a TV/Cable channel that would be an interesting choice.

I know Netflix was proposing personalised channels a year or two ago, so i do see it as something that might be inevitable.

ABC, CBS, and NBC are too big to fail. Sports as well.

Thought aren't some of those organizations teaming up with Amazon and NetFlix

>download it, and watch it commercial free.

Download it after you buy it you mean, right?

>being a cuck

"no"

Cable isn't going anywhere. Wireless is shit.

>Sports as well
Every sport is experiencing declining tv ratings. Alot of young people also don't follow the bread and circus that is sportsball. Only wiggers and nogs care about afroball.

What does cable tv have to do with wireless?

>Afroball is the only sport out there
Typical amerinigger

Epl ratings are down as well in Bongland.

no no no you got it wrong user ... the internet will soon BE (((cable))). Paid subscriptions for anything are sure to come.

Who cares about inbredland when the chinks and the pajeets are paying billions to watch it. Even ameriniggers are paying to watch it.

Back to reading books then. (((They))) abused a good way of population control (tv dumbed everyone down). When shit with nee subscription models happen with the internet people will migrate from their shitty feminist or anime blogs to books which have the off chance of actually educating people.

Hopefully it will , might not be soon , but in the next few years hopefully cableshit will be dead .

Cable is faster than wireless any day, moron.

If no one cares about the EPL in Bongland then it will cease to exist in Bongland. The sports leagues will move to Chinkland or Pajeetville which will further make Euros not care about sports. It will soon become a pajeet or chink sport.

Cable TV is faster than wireless, huh? Your english comprehension sucks or you are tech illiterate if you don't know the difference between cable tv or cable internet.....moron.

>Illiterate moron calling a computer scientist a moron

Cable is cable. It doesn't matter if it's music or internet or tv. Cables are faster.

Cable tv and cable internet are two different things dip. Cable tv isn't even IP based. Also the whole point of this thread is Netflix or Hulu killing cable. If you weren't such a shutin NEET you would have known that these services are provided through the same cables as cable or fiber and not just wireless. Computer science my ass, you probably don't even have a GED.

What does IP have to do with anything? Do you even know how to read? Where in OP's post did he write cable TV, dipshit?

Holy shit you are autistic. OP was implying cable tv you fucking moron. Why would he compare the internet (in general) with a form of internet delivery(cable internet)?

No. This guy will make sure cable kills streaming instead.

>Images of tv streaming services
>OP isn't talking about cable tv you idiot!!!

The slow ass dumb cable companies that haven't transitioned to VOD internet services are bound to be the tower records of TV pretty son.

What is this, idiot hour? Did OP write "TV"? No. He used the words "cable" and "internet". Why are you arguing about something you're incapable of understanding?

No. This guy will make sure cable kills streaming instead.

>2017
>Have to schedule your life around when TV shows are happening

The next major market is sports live VOD which doesn't cost the moon.

>cable kills streaming
Piracy will reign supreme again. At least some people are paying for stuff with VOD.

>Samefagging to insist he's right

Those are services that are available over cable, WiFi and 3G. Cable will never die. Go fuck yourself with your shitty WiFi.

Now this has turned into a troll. So you are saying OP is comparing the internet to the internet(cable internet)? No you retard, he is comparing the internet with cable tv.

Where exactly did OP ever say or compare wireless anything to cable? He is comparing the internet to cable tv not wireless with cable internet.

>cable tv
No cable tv provider offers Netflix. It's available only over the internet. You're a fucking moron wasting everyone's time.

I like how you can tell someone is upset by how they always put a irrelevant line at the end of their post to make themselves feel better.

networkworld.com/article/3124948/lan-wan/ieee-sets-new-ethernet-standard-that-brings-5x-the-speed-without-disruptive-cable-changes.html

Go cry some more.

Please reread OP's sentence. You are implying off the charts. He wrote "will the internet completely kill cable?" Where does he say wireless? You are a fucking moron.

Refer Internet without cables will always perform poorly.

Holy shit you are stupid if you think OP was talking about actual physical cable wires. How is the internet gonna kill physical cable? That statement makes no sense. OP is comparing the internet to cable tv. Unless you are some pajeet with a shit level of english, cable means cable tv in the US.

My Internet's come from a cable rolf

>cable means cable tv
TV's not the only technology that uses cables. Your phone charger, internet, airconditioners, toasters, microwaves, refrigerators all uses cables.

Cable tv is a service you moron. We aren't talking about bloody wires.
We are comparing services, the internet to cable tv. OP isn't fucking comparing the internet to copper wiring.

Internet is a service as well and it is delivered using cables. It doesn't matter if you're using WiFi. It's still coming to your house via cables. How is this such a difficult concept to understand?

Sir, you are daft.

That's very mature. Enjoy your WiFi.

>OP posts pic of streaming services
>OP states "will the internet kill cable"
>"Guys he is talking about wireless vs wireline"

I bet you've never tried streaming 4K videos using wireless. It's gonna be worse with 8K videos. Cable isn't going anywhere, dumdum.

No, internet runs on cables

This thread is a disaster

What is cable?

Is it some ancient technology Americans use?

>"Fuck they were right, the conversation started by OP isn't about wireless vs wireline"
>"I know, i'll just switch the subject to why wireline is superior to wireless even though that is not what the subject of the thread is about"

What is the point of Hulu anymore?

Lots of Comedy Central shows are dropped. That's about all it had going for it.

There's CW shows, but you can watch those for free with the CW app.

I'm about to cancel my Hulu. I don't see a point in it anymore.

I never used the word "wireline" so it's obvious you're trollng. Cable is the most efficient way to deliver internet.

So you are saying OP is saying the internet is gonna kill cable wires?

>Cable is the most efficient way to deliver internet.
Damn, why do I even still come to Sup Forums?

>Cable is more efficient
>Not fiber
Man this place is stupid.

Absolutely masterful.

Fiber-optic cables aren't mainstream yet but it will be. Ultimately that's also a cable.

It is. I mean, cable = wire, how can you not see that wired > wireless?

>Cable is more efficient than fiber
Sup Forums is now Sup Forums levels of ignorance.

The only analogy that is totally compatible in explaining what's happened in this thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=GlTy1H7p5ao

Cable = coaxial cable. Are you that ignorant of terminology?

mfw i have to pay for state media even though i only use Amazom Prime

Net Neutrality applies to both cable and wireless so your point doesn't make any sense.

Fiber optical cable > wisted pair >>>>> shit >>>>>piss >>>> CIA niggers > american ""cable"""

No until HBO decides to offer GO apart from cable package and offer app in every country.

Are you german?

You guessed well.

€17 per month even though you don't own a tv and radio for propaganda. At least the Chinese get their propaganda for free. Third world country

Relax, this shit will spread for all europe soon.

No. Sadly, the interests of the television people will kill the internet.

>2017
>watching things when the TV company wants you to

cable/free tv is already dead.

Yeah, except that your dumbass is falling for the bait.

Book were invented by (((Jews))).

No because cable companies own the internet.

Enjoy netflix while it lasts, in 8 years data caps will make cable packages the more economic option.

Not before cable companies completely kill the Internet

No.

>TFW