This is what a poor city in America looks like. Yes, Miami is considered to be VERY POOR by US standards

This is what a poor city in America looks like. Yes, Miami is considered to be VERY POOR by US standards.

youtube.com/watch?v=rC_KtjRfIxw

Isn't it sad how delusional Europeans have become thinking this continent in the pinnacle of comfortable urban living? European cities are fucking shit tier and serve no purpose other than pleasing tourists with a fetish for old buildings. Those same tourists after spending a week or two here take their flight back to their comfortable home in some American/Canadian/Australian suburb where they commute in an SUV on an expressway to work.

Meanwhile, comes Monday, millions of estrogen-filled europoors will leave their 19th century government subsidised home (more like a bedsit lel), jump on some overcrowded, overpriced, smelly public transport and read a commentary by some smug fuck on the "Metro News" about how "vibrant", "modern" and "thriving" the shithole they live in called London/Paris/Berlin is because there is some poetry festival taking place next weekend, or because the local government is building a new cycle lane to allow the local sheep to "cycle to the 21st century". The oblivious and brainwashed European treehugger will think to himself

>Wow Europe is so great. Can you guys actually believe there are countries out there so backwards they still use a car as the primary method of transportation?

After work, the Europoor will commute back to his shoebox-sized dwelling and find some Mercer or The Economist quality of life index showing his city high up on the list, way above those pleb US cities. That will reassure his delusion that he indeed lives in a creme dela creme "Alpha Mega Cultural Hub Startup Innovative European Metropolitan Area".

Looking forward to all the denial posts with European flags claiming their cities aren't actually like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

miaminewtimes.com/news/miamis-median-income-is-second-lowest-in-america-poverty-is-second-highest-6549165
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's make 九龍城 again

Looks like Russia

That pictue isn't from Miami, right?

So Steve, how is your vacation in Britain going?

That was a really nice drive

>it's unthinkable that a European would have anything nice to say about America...hmm, must be a proxy

Dude, not everyone is 12 and hates america

Oh no my friend, this picture is from Utrecht, in the Netherlands. That's the wealthy part of Europe.

And make no mistake, those commieblocks are filled with insane Eurofucks thinking they're the hottest shit around when it comes to design because their one-and-a-half bedroom flat is filled with easily assembled straight lines IKEA furniture.

Utrecht, like every depressing European city probably has some EU-granted title like European Capital of Culture/Arts/Dance/Sustainablity.

see

I don't think it's an American. I think this is new meta shitposting. Where you genuinely try to praise America in order to bait others to then bash on America. I wont fall for your tricks, redcoat.

You sound angry

THAT IS RUSSIA YES! WESTERN EUROPE DOESN"T LOOKS LIKE THAT! WESTERN EUROPE HAS THE BEST LIVING STANDARDS IN THE WORLD!

>those commieblocks are filled with insane Eurofucks thinking they're the hottest shit

They're filled with insane Africans thinking they're hot shit*

Try actually getting off the freeways, especially in Miami, or Detroit, or St. Louis. It's pretty scary out there.

You need to be completely dead on the inside to live in Europe and not be angry at how bad our living standards actually are compared to other developed countries. Either that or you've never been abroad to see how things are out there. The average European today probably lives like the average American from the 1950s.

But I understand your complacency. You were born to believe your Haussmann Nightmare of a capital with its 19th century version of brutalism is the 8th wonder of the world. Meanwhile the rich of your country flock to "Le Med" to enjoy a lifestyle that has been common to the middle classes of the US or Australia for the last 40 years.

>our living standards

Speak for yourself, I grew up in a village

No this is the Netherlands i live near this is utrecht overvecht

Oh just ahut the fuck up Utrecht is a beautiful city with an very nice medival city center. the blocks you see are inhabbited by some muslims also the rest of utrecht is very rich. look up some other neighboorhoods we had the start of the tour de france this year.

To be fair those apartment buildings look almost like something from an eastern bloc.
That being said you guys do have much better social safety nets than us.

It's just you. Brits have the smallest houses in Europe.

I live in Miami and it's pretty shit tee bee aych

Also, OP's pic doesn't look like Miami

here this is utrecht

It's not Miami, it's Ultrecht
it's just that OP can't make a clear post for shit

If you look closely, you can actually see the medieval city centre. Don't walk too fast or you might miss it though.

Just move to Detroit already

no more like this you can still see the old city fortres like shape.
the green area is were your photo was taken (also the only commisblocks)

I've been all around this continent and it's all the same shit desu. There are a few variations here and there but overall European cities are terrible and no historic city centre can hide that fact. Even the cities which expanded recently like Madrid are filled with commieblocks that already look outdated by any decent standards.

Oslo may fool people into thinking it has a nice sprawl but then you realize only 600k people live there and half the city looks like Russia anyway.

exept that IT nigger is lying

actually it's only british people who live in tiny meme homes

here in norway we enjoy the best of both worlds. good roads, good public transport, historic cities and nice suburbs with big homes

Well I was talking about him

not even city center

excuse moi

Pas grave
It's an autistic thread anyway, if OP wants to live there it's his problem

Hilariously enough, the suburbs of Detroit are extremely pleasant. There is literally no equivalent in Europe to areas like Rochester or Troy, and if there are, they are reserved to the rich only.

Pic related is how white people live in Detroit, and they don't have to grow up in a village to have that type of comfort. Notice how there are no fences and people leave stuff on their driveway? That's because those suburbs are out of reach from the common pavement ape and their violent ways.

I'd move there in a heartbeat, believe me. Fuck, I bet people in these suburbs never stepped on a bus in their lives. How happy they must be.

But never been to a suburb obviously.

The difference with this and my village is that in my village I have everything nearby. Shops, bar, restaurant, public squares, stuff like tennis courts and baskekball fields, the woods just outside of the village.
Most of the time in those American suburbs if you don't have a car you are fucked because it's endless waves of the same houses as far a the eye can go. As a child there would have been fuck all to do

>Notice how there are no fences and people leave stuff on their driveway

It's obviously a trap to get shot

>baskek

Ayy

>Miami
>very poor by US standards

Meta shitposting is reaching critical levels

Looks like Denmark desu. Nothing special. And in Denmark you have a store in walking distance, and a beach.

Miami is poor? My nigga what the fuck? Miami is literally one of the biggest cities in the US.

t. Cuban

If you haven't been to the US, Canada or Australia you don't know what a suburb actually looks like, sorry. What you have in Norway are a bunch of rural homes that happen to be close to central Oslo. Sure they're a notch above the UK but still nowhere near the lifestyle in those countries.

>Shops, bar, restaurant, public squares, stuff like tennis courts and baskekball fields, the woods just outside of the village
Suburbs have all those with the added benefit of parking bays in front of them. Deal with it.

>Most of the time in those American suburbs if you don't have a car you are fucked
If you don't have a car in the US you're probably homeless and minutes away from a heroin overdose anyway. And I don't think that's a bad thing, especially because they have the infrastructure to accommodate all those cars in their cities.

>As a child there would have been fuck all to do
Yet suburban white Americans somehow grow up to be more inventive, self-reliant, hard-working and wealthier than the average yuro. Not to mention their families also breed at a healthy pace, unlike European families. The myth of the boring US suburbs vs the exciting collective of European cities falls apart very quickly when you look at hard facts.
Suburban kids in America created some of the most profitable companies of today. I wonder what would have been of Steve Jobs without his garage in Los Altos. Living in jenga blocks certainly didn't help his European counterparts.

miaminewtimes.com/news/miamis-median-income-is-second-lowest-in-america-poverty-is-second-highest-6549165

Rural homes have always been better than suburb homes, right? Why would you consider this a negative?
How does a suburb have a better lifestyle than a "rural home close to Oslo"?
We actually have gardens that we can play in outside, we have football fields and playgrounds, we have forests, trains or buses to Oslo, and we can get around by feet, and walking distance to the store. And everyone lives in a house that's different from everyone else's house, and the different streets have different shapes, making every neighborhood unique.

>trains or buses to Oslo
Absolutely disgusting.

If you don't commute by car, you don't live in a suburb.
Teenagers drive to school in the US in their own cars they bought after saving money fom a summer job and park on school grounds, and here you are trying to make a case about the greatness of taking a fucking bus to Oslo as an adult? When did relying on the goodwill of your mayor to get from point A to point B become an advantage?
This continent really is beyond redemption.

Most likely due to Palm Beach. Fucking shithole. You WILL get shot there.

One car for everyone is fucking retarded in high density urban areas, enjoy your smog lad

Please do enjoy.

it looks nice. I dont know, i have low standards

are you really british? or just an abroad american because you defending us so much is making me uneazy and i feel like im getting duped

I agree with this. I have always thought it strange that Europeans feel so smug about their lifestyles. There is a chart going round with average dwelling size. Australia is number 1, followed by the US, both having average houses 3-4 times larger than the average Brit, for instance. Similarly large yards with a swimming pool for your average suburban family, commute to work in your own car. Compare this to Europe this lifestyle is for the seriously rich only. Our houses would be considered mansions, swimming pool is seen as a luxury, have to take shitty public transport or car so small it wasn't even deemed comfortable enough to sell in the real first world markets. In many ways its not their fault though but because their cities are so old and dense.

You are indeed superior because I have never even heard of a "basketball field". We just have courts here.

God damn, this made me laugh so hard.

I believe this represents relative large flat land areas that the us and Aus have and relatively sparse populations by comparison to Asia and Europe. There's historically less demand and less pressure for land area and density hasn't increased in the same extent. It is changing now though with demand for property going through the roof in some areas like Sydney.

I've noticed in city fringe Melbourne and Sydney there are lots of nice old houses that are quite large on decent plots of land that have been split in to 2-4 units. Pretty comfy. The land isn't big enough to put a low rise apartment block on it and it means you're not getting lots of tiny apartments, just a handful of decent sized units from one large building, often formerly being one large dwelling.

Tldr large flat land suits large houses and sections and those plots are large enough to split in to comfy apartments but not large enough to put heaps of low rise apartments