Hey forget your OS, they processor now

eteknix.com/expert-says-nsa-have-backdoors-built-into-intel-and-amd-processors/
Did you forget it doesn't matter how secure you think your OS is? That all hardly matters when your processor is wide open.

In an interesting story covered by the Australian Financial Review it is revealed that experts think the NSA has hardware level backdoors built into Intel and AMD processors. Steve Blank, recognised as one of Silicon Valleys leading experts, says that he would be extremely surprised if the American NSA does not have backdoors built into Intel and AMD chips. His reason is that the NSA finds “hacking” through backdoors significantly more simple than trying to crack encryption. For example trying to crack AES 256 bit encryption would require the power of 10 million suns to crack at the current TDP of processors. Steve Blank therefore claims that because cracking encryption is so infeasible the NSA uses hardware level backdoors instead. Steve Blank said that these suspicions arose when he saw the NSA could access Microsoft emails in their pre-encryption state and so he knew there was another way in.

So, does anything really matter or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

let's hand over everything we got to CIA and get of this shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology

uh okay?

Everyone knows processors were botnet since a good couple of years ago, the only ones denying it are Sup Forumstards and "le nothing to hide xdxxdx" shitposters.

My question is, if even encryption can't protect a system because of hardware backdoors, then does any kind of protection really matter?

I gave up a long time ago.
My opsec is fucked and if the nsa or any major govt body wants into my shit there's no real way to stop them.
Fuck it

The thing is only the NSA has access to those and I can guarantee you that there are a lot of other people/groups that want to get in your computer who do not have access to hardware backdoors. The ones who cannot use the backdoors will attack through the OS instead.

Well shit.

So this is how liberty dies? With thunderous processors.

I get your point, of course.

These days though the lines between CIA, FBI, NSA, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, MAC They're all the same. You know they work together on some level. Shit, CISPA was all about companies sending customer's private information to the government freely. Google and Facebook do what the US Government can't do in broad daylight. Well, that's even only half true now because people have full knowledge of the broad range of government spying and a lot simply either do not care or don't even think about it at all.

freebsd wins again

we need open hardware and sophisticated 3d printers to print our own hardware

It would only take 5 million suns on Ryzen.

From that anecdote, it sounds like they have a backdoor on the encryption itself.

Getting access to the emails in their pre-encypted state through a CPU backdoor would imply access to an otherwise protected computer which has the emails in the outbox or whatever. But that anecdote is talking about emails themselves.

But there is nothing for me to hide xddddd

>he would be extremely surprised if the American NSA does not have backdoors built into Intel and AMD chips

Well I'd like some more concrete information than "this random dude thinks they might have it" before I start panicking

>there is literally no way to stop the NSA from seeing everything you do on any computer with an internet connection
What else is new

Own 4 computers so at any time your chance of being hacked is 25%

Bullshit. You can go and use microscope on the cracked cpu and see by yourself. No undocumented shit you will find.

Logically speaking if the NSA have backdoors in nearly 99% of PCs how come they aren't catching more bad guys ?

Actually its 400%

Because muh terrorism threat is exaggerated so you vote away your rights and there aren't really that many active terrorists.

>heat of 5 million suns

so 1 r7 1700x?

wow maybe ryzen is strong after all

Yeah, kind of me too. I still do basic security procedures like passive protection with add-on's, use encryption everywhere applicable, securely erase my files and such, but I don't even bother trying to go full RMS anymore. There's just no way to escape the botnet.

The thing is, if they (NSA) wants you, they WILL find you. So the only trick left is to not make yourself wanted.

why dont you realise that you dont secure yourself just from CIA, NSA american spy agencies

It's a passive collection of information that is only drawn from the pool when it is needed. Active real-time processing of information is good these day's, but still not enough to go through all the traffic of the Internet every second or every minute of every day.

Basically it's just there when they need it.

(((Expert)))
fuck off, tell me if you find something in Vault 7

morons the goberment probably has quantum computers capitally of crack and os/hardware

my suggestion is to go analog for your personal data

ie do not scan important paperwork or giveout/input personal information to anyone

>So, does anything really matter or what?
nope.

you could always buy a pre-backdoor processor or buy chinese/russian.

the only jew here is you trying to convince others that processor backdoors dont exist.

This meme is so five years ago.

>t. Neo-luddite shill
I'm not giving up on technology yet

This shit started with Sandy Bridge and no one believed it

Question is, how long until other groups find these backdoors? Also, the NSA is using these chips themselves, so what will they do when other groups find the backdoors?

Core 2 Duos have no documented backdoors, buy an x200