This is the Linux distribution of Gods

This is the Linux distribution of Gods.
>Origin: USA
>Scientific Linux is a recompiled Red Hat Enterprise Linux, co-developed by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Although it aims to be fully compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it also provides additional packages not found in the upstream product; the most notable among these are various file systems, including Cluster Suite and Global File System (GFS), FUSE, OpenAFS, Squashfs and Unionfs, wireless networking support with Intel wireless firmware, MadWiFi and NDISwrapper, Sun Java and Java Development Kit (JDK), the lightweight IceWM window manager, R - a language and environment for statistical computing, and the Alpine email client.

ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOo IceWM window manager. How fancy and advanced. I am going to switch to it ASAP as possible

>RHEL
Why would someone doom their product like that??

>Origin: USA
botnet

Clearly you're better informed than CERN or the US Military which used RHEL on a large scale.

>RedHat

Enjoy your fucking CIA botnet japreet

why would someone use an os made by known occultists

>ASAP as possible

Rip in piece faggot.

It comes with GNOME configured like GNOME 2/MATE with GNOME 3 accessibility.

your an idiot

WT F i though linux was only used by neckbears

Why not just use the actual mate then? Gnome 3 wastes too much space and pretty sure mate is in the epel repos.

Nope. It's rather crucial, including up in the ISS (International Space Station) and almost every corner of the planet with civilizations utilizing computing systems.

I ran CentOS7 for a while on my desktop, because I wanted something stable with a still working KDE. Really liked it to begin with, and most of the packages you dont get you dont really need to be honest, but then I tried to get my WWAN modem to work…
Even though they backport a lot, stuff like this really can fuck you up.
Essentially all the work I saved by not having 123 updates changing shit every week got wiped out.
Still like the concept though.

Did you seriously think your router/modem, your TV, your phone, your ISP, and their backbones, and the shitty websites you visit run Windows, are you fucking serious?

>rhel is used by important companies
>scientific linux is used by important organizations
>arch is used by neckbeards on Sup Forums

why don't you switch to fedora right now and become an important member of society?

I'm using SuSE, that's probably the closest thing to Fedora without going full RH and having more than 6 months of support(not counting CentOS, too old packages for newer hardware)

I see a mirror near me with the most current release (SL 7.3), Princeton University, offers KDE as well. The system comes with IceWM, which I prefer over MATE anyway, but I agree with you. A reskinned MATE or LXQT (formerly LXDE) would be a good default.

IceWM is used because it's light and stable, I'm surprised they have X at all, but I guess not all crunching software can be run without a GUI

LXQt is not stable yet.

>linux
>anything of Gods
shame no one remember the glory of commercial UNIX anymore

>glory of overpriced turds

HP-UX and AIX can go eat shit

>assmad freetards
Even now Linux is only starting to develop technologies that DEC and SG had twenty years ago.
Even HP-UX is still ahead ahead in things like clusters.

UNIX datacenter marketshare is literally 1%

UNIX is basically the Itanium of the server market, only useful for a certain niche.

Yes, because it was beaten in affordability by gratis Linux running on cheap x86 boxes.
That says fuck all about the sophistication.

Linux HPC marketshare is 100%
So no, Linux is both cheaper and higher performance and if needed lower power.