VST thread

>tfw I fell in the compressor/limiter/maximizer and can't listen music without it

try to explain what you hear
what format do you usually use to listen to music?

disgusting

Just turn up that fucking volume you disgusting piece of shit.

Everything is louder in all the spectrum, everything is better, it's magic. Multi compressor is life, compressor is love, compressor is peace! Now I understand why commercial radios use it.

like your mum

nah, not the same thing.

Compression is musically useful, maximizing and limiting is just stupid. Nowadays in my phone I can't even set the volume to the lowest level in music and videos because the lowest volume is so loud it's ridiculous.

hey since you guys are talking about a mixing tool, i was wondering something...would it be good to practice with the ssl channel by itself, or should i try to learn parametric EQ and multiband dynamics?

Right now i use a mono ssl channel on all my tracks. it has given me so much room and control, although the gate/compressor are very limiting in control. is this bad/good for a nooblet?

>fucking up the dynamic range by compressing songs that have already been mastered
>+7 dB gain on all bands

lel

parametric is always better
But the OP threshold is @-20dB...

I use izotope ozone. It's easy and powerful.

Mid-side eq is extremely helpful, then I usually compress basses under 74hz because hi-fi speakers pump basses too much. And this is stupid because you have to produce a sound that is not genuine and good, you have to produce a sound that shitty bass-pumped speakers can play.

>izotope ozone
My nigga. I love it

jealous, Not willing to drop the cash on it and way to scared to download a cracked version but i want to drop it on some of my tracks SOOO fucking bad.. :(

>$599
:^)

Your brain is as brick and so is your music
You're the guy everyone laughs at when they pirate your music to sample it and it looks like trumps wall

congrats you're a perfect example of why most modern music is recorded terribly for retards with cauliflower ears

airwindows.com

>pirate your music to sample it and it looks like trumps wall

Literally what?

Nice

if u headphone get sonarworks,