The shitshow for the last couple of days proved that linux security is a fucking joke and needs to be fixed asap...

The shitshow for the last couple of days proved that linux security is a fucking joke and needs to be fixed asap. For this, why don't we work on a single linux distribution? Is fragmenting the unix base like a motherfucker done any good until today? Instead of spending time on devuan, manjaro, mint or whatever bullshit distros out there, anyone should be contributing to the arch. This way we won't have to fix xorg everyday and everybody will get stable, secure, up to date software (thanks to a lot more beta testers) which they can decide to install or not. Of course during this process, shit like systemd should be annihilated from the codebase and replaced by standalone software that does one (1) job, and does that very well.

Really Sup Forums?

I'll make the logo :^)

Ill come up with the name

So far im thinking Gentoo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Linux security is a fucking joke
Like what, the kernel? Please cite your sources. Maybe you just mean security in general is a joke. There are mitigating circumstances that you can attempt on Linux that you can't in proprietary operating systems so it isn't perfect but it is still one of the best we've got.

What makes Arch less susceptible to attack than any other distro you listed? Maybe just admit you are an archfriend, but under the hood it's all the same.

This, lest's name it Gentoo and give it the same default permissions as OpenBSD.Problem solved.

Can anyone tell me what was said about Linux? I don't see anything in the documents other than them using Linux.

>What makes Arch less susceptible to attack than any other distro you listed?
Alot of things aren't enabled by default. SSH seems to come to mind.

Then fucking disable it? Use iptables?

Many desktop oriented distros don't have SSH servers by default. Even on RHEL variants, it's a package group that can optionally be installed.

Nope because linux is free as in freedom and that was a HUGE fucking mistake and you know it.

You gotta make people work toward a singular goal by providing incentives like getting paid to work else everyone will justify making trillions of different special snowflake distros.

Look at Android, because it's open source and not free as in beer we have things like oxygen OS and lineage OS.

openbsd
p
e
n
b
s
d

Contrary to popular belief, the Linux kernel from kernel.org is not free software. It not only recommends non-free software but also actually contains it (i.e., software that does not respect your essential freedoms).

Wouldn't you still have all the security holes once you actually install enough software to have a GUI and any form of production software? It's almost as though good security comes from paid security employees and audits, oh wait it does.

It comes with 3 window managers, that should be enough. What production software do you use? Gimp? lmao.

Only real security threat is your browser, but then again openbsd has more security features than just its code audit

>It's almost as though good security comes from paid security employees and audits, oh wait it does.
wow that sounds like openbsd

Can the new AMD processors even run the botnet quick enough or should I get intel so they can watch me pwn n00bs in vidya?

You have no clue about how things work in the software industry, your common sense is lacking and your taste is shit.

But by all means, go ahead with your plan and whoever wants to follow that insanity.

I completely forgot about that shit, it's apparently been 2 years...damn

There are millions of developers out there working on linux. If you directed all of them to a single goal, our capacity would be larger than the fucking cia. If 1/4 of these developers worked for the security of arch, could cia hack the linux as easily as they did now? Of course this is implying that they can hack an os that is constantly monitored, audited and fixed by millions of people.

I bet you have JS enabled in your browser while youre lecturing a Korean Foot Fetishist board on "muh security." If this isnt bait, go back to ebaumsworld.

I bet hundreds of extensions you have on tor created a unique fingerprint for you and you are using it like a retard on your main machine. False sense of security is more dangerous than cia niggers you know ;)