Thumbnails on Linux, again

Have they fixed this yet? It's been what, twenty years?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File_Picker_meme
bash.cyberciti.biz/guide/Kdialog:_Shell_scripting_with_KDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No financial incentive.

/thread

Use KDE

No, gnome devs are gay. The KDE file picker has them but Firefox basically came out and said they don't give a shit about providing official support outside of gtk.

There is a patch for gtk2 if you are so inclined but honestly I just keep a file window open since I can navigate it quicker than a file picker anyways especially since I use Hydrus to sort my images v

I am
it doesn't work
how 2 werk?

Install opensuse

>Thumbnails on Linux, again

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File_Picker_meme
>The File Picker meme is an internet meme known to originate around Sup Forums or other communities where Windows users are at odds with Linux users. It pokes fun at the fact that the GtkFileChooser does not support a thumbnail view. This is usually accompanied by "it is and the GNOME developers still haven't added one" implying that Linux is shit because of this.

>Though it is true that a GNOME-based desktop environment most likely uses the GtkFileChooser and as such will not have a thumbnail view, it is beneficial to point out that Linux is a kernel, and no matter what stance one takes on the GNU/Linux debate, Linux by itself will not have a graphical environment, let alone a file picker, and that the KDE Plasma Desktop Environment does in fact have a thumbnail view in its file picker, and that it is glorious. Using KDialog instead of the GTK file picker avoids this problem entirely. OpenSUSE and some other distributions use KDialog by default.

my god that is edgy

just make it open nemo or dolphin instead of a fucking file chooser, who needs a separate file chooser srsly

>gnome devs are gay
This.

Install Windows 10.

based community

>Using Linux unironically

Did that ever get ported to GTK3?

GTK a shit

dunno, i don't use gtk3 stuff

>gtk

Cuck

Open file manager
Open picture folder
Set thumbnails to desired size
Drag picture onto the "upload" dialog
Submit reCAPTCHA
Press the "Submit" button
Wait ~3 seconds
Read your post and make sure you didn't make any typos
Continue browsing

That file chooser is used to choose files in all programs that open and / or save files. Notepads, browsers, office, video editors, everything. It's a completely different purpose from a file manager.

If you're thinking of just switching file choosers for your distro that's a little more complicated. There are a LOT of dependencies. I usually install KDE's and it's over 100 packages.

Another option is to just have the browser use one that's different from the OS's. Too bad the only browser that actively lets users choose their file picker is Opera 12.

>proofread after posting
why bother?

I'm well aware

it should still just open the fucking file manager

Linux is a kernel; it doesn't have thumbnails.
You want a DE which supports it, such as KDE.

Install kdialog, use Chromium.

Please stop posting until you learn how to drag and drop.

And this is why Linux will remain at a single digit market share for at least the time being

>kdialog
bash.cyberciti.biz/guide/Kdialog:_Shell_scripting_with_KDE

that ?

wew lad it worked thanks comrade
may the cia never get you