Is ccleaner worth using? like will it actually optimize some stuff or is it just a scam...

is ccleaner worth using? like will it actually optimize some stuff or is it just a scam. My computers been kinda off lately but maleware bytes isnt picking anything up and I defragment my harddrive regularly

use bleach bit

It won't clean anything malicious, it just deletes junk files. If you computer is slow, and less than 8 years old, ccleaner won't do shit to increase speed.

Now that the newer versions automatically install and enable a ccleaner background process on boot, it will probably actually make it slower.

alright thanks. I was hoping it would do something I get these random ass memory leaks really fucking rarely when I watch videos and I cant figure out what the hells causing them. I can watch the same video 10 different times on the same video player and maybe one out of the 10 my memory usage will shoot up to 99% and freeze everything I dont know if its just windows 7 being shit or what

It'll get rid of a lot of registry files that you no longer use, but I doubt that's what's slowing down your computer.

I tried it once and it fucked up my registry beyond repair. I still have several issues unfixed and it's been like a year.

Always back up your registry.

It's good to delete crap but can mess with CSGO and give you VAC errors

Only registry shit it finds on my machine is the last path used for ccleaner portable.

Are you a bad enough dude to hit your own dick with a hammer?

It offers to back up the registry before changes now.

Just reinstall your OS

I've been using this for more than 5 years and I never back up the registry.
If it messes something up and I have no backup do I have to reinstall?

It's good only to clean junk... I remember using it on an old's lady PC and I deleted like 10 GB of thrash.

Use the portable version.

It's good practice with Windows to reinstall it every year.

CCleaner is only worth using if you use it with CCEnhancer.

Hello, sir. We have detected you have a virus. Please visit www.removemywindowsvirus89.com

Stop failing at using windows.

it's okay, just make sure to disable active monitoring (botnet)

I was using Windows before you had a computer, kid. And no matter how many fancy names Microsoft comes up with or how many promises of re-coding the OS they make the fact is Windows is still Windows NT under the hood. With Windows 3.0 code still in there.

Windows is a bloated mess that gets slower through regular use. If all you do on your Windows machine is browse facebook and use Word, then it will probably be fine. If you do more than thay then yeah, you should be reinstalling it once a year.

Protip: that's why the Windows install disc has that option, to reinstall Windows while keeping your files intact.

I use bleachbit

1 Stop installing random shit, fagball.
2 Use portable software/single user mode that doesn't mess with your registry etcetera
3 ?????
4 Profit.

Doing this and running ccleaner everytime you are about to reboot while shredding fucking everything related to browsers with ten passes overwriting lol

I have only installed Firefox and 7-ZIP on the machine. Everything else is portable / minimal / single user / etc.

Run memtest
Your ram might be fucked

C cleaner is stealing all your money so therefore it is a scam. Put in on your computers and your money is gone.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.