A TL;DR of everything in the past 5 years

Hey guys, I got out of prison last week after being there since 2013. What has happened in tech?

I see Ubuntu went like that weird-ass Windows 10 shit, all advertising everywhere, not caring about privacy anymore.

Everything is different, everyone has given away their rights to privacy even more so. What is this shit guys? When are you going to fight against this?

I've contacted your parole officer. You better leave

Post proofs with date.

did u get raped

you didnt miss anything tbqh.

Nothing is different. Everything stays the same. Go back to Prison.

Electric skateboards exist now and they're awesome. Everyone on Sup Forums either has a OneWheel or a Boosted Board. We always have general threads about modifying them.

That's also a new thing: general threads. We just have the same threads over and over again.

Why did you go to prison?

AMD hyped another piece of shit CPU and everyone fell for it (again).
Mobileposting took over and is now the norm. Quality of posting is down as a result.
Chink shit general is now a thing if you want cheap tech.
The patent expired on Cherry MX keys so now there's a ton of cheap mechanical keyboards.
People now worship Terry and Temple OS instead of muh freedoms meme man.
Sup Forums is still mainly Sup Forums's PC building advice board.

moot is now Google's fuckboi.

He asked when you will stop letting douchebag companies to own your privacy.

Manslaughter. A guy with a gun jumped in front of my truck at a stop sign and tried to rob/hijack me. So instead of being a victim, I just drove through him.

Shitty court ruled that isn't legal to do (castle doctrine not apply in car). At least they kept it as manslaughter instead of murder, but yeah. Thanks America.

Windows 10 is full OFFICIAL botnet. Keylogger, audio recorder, sends everything you open to MS etc. all official and admitted. Also you can't officially disable updates.

Linux is where it's always been.

Nothing happened in the CPU department until Ryzen released for 5 years. Basically 5-8% better IPC per year over at intel. Ryzen is great, but it's not the best for gaming because of lower clocks (the same goes for intels octacores). Had some launch issues but it's finally competition.

Ram, HDDs and SSDs fluctuate badly in price. Hdds haven't gone down in price since like 2013.

Not much happened with phones since ~2013, just more locked down slim and fragile hardware with better specs.

Laptops are now mostly ultrabooks, this coupled with minimal improvement in CPUs makes a 100-200$ sandy bridge thinkpad as fast as a new 700-1000$ laptop, just heavier.

Windows 10 is basically ramsonware, don't use that shit.
Ubuntu is the same shit as 5 years ago

no

no u

>already collecting apu apustajas

Kek'd and checked

>a 100-200$ sandy bridge thinkpad as fast as a new 700-1000$ laptop

wut

That sounds like stupid lawyering. If he would imminently kill you no first world country in the world doesn't take that as self defense. Or, you're lying.

>imminently kill you
Not a lawyer, but I imagine the defense is like "how do you know he would have killed you?"

If you cooperate and give him your truck, he might not shoot you.

Self-defense laws are shit in most places, and they never take into account any kind of human factors. As if anyone on the jury would have hopped out of their car for Jamal at 11pm in Compton.

that's racist

Apple has those shit fucking CPUs that thermal throttle.

Bitcoin finally went ath

>