/Guts/

>ctrl+F guts
>Nothing Found
Why is this allowed?

Just added a 5th drive with a little help of a hacksaw, without having to compromise my airflow. Don't worry, the SSDs don't get hotter than 35°C under load and the HDDs usually sit at around 30.

Don't mind the random stray fan on the bottom.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133632
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rate please.

GTX 1080 arriving today.

Are you sure you didn't put in your HDDs backwards?

I did it on purpose so I can swap cables quickly without opening the other side panel.

What GPU is that?
3dusty5me

R8/H8

Hey you got a new case. It looks great, makes me sad that there is no z270 or am4 blue motherboard. I'm trying to decide on a new case myself but am unable to

people didn't post in mine before so ...their lost i guess.

I miss having a blu-ray or DVD in my PC Idk why.
And yes i know the middle drive looks wonky because I only added zipties to hold it down because the cooper brackets don't really fit lol.

i like green

>What GPU is that?
Strix 1070 OC

why spend time on cable management when I could be making money for more poo fans?

So you have a clear view of the diarrhea theme.

D U S T

U

S

T

Why fan on bottom?

I like big sinks and I cannot lie
You other Sup Forumsmen can't deny
That when a rig rolls in an itty bitty case
And a huge rad in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull up through
Cause you notice that sink was stuffed
Deep in the case it's within
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get with'cha
And take your picture
My Sup Forumsboys tried to warn me
But that sink you got makes ME SO HORNY

>I'll keep posting this until you'll like it

I opened /bst/ once and saw your setup. I must say, its one of the comfiest rooms.

That CPU cooler is fine. But why the GPU? What is it? Over clocked? And why such big sinks if you went matx anyway?

Quit being so negative. The correct question to ask is "why not".
And yes, it's overclocked. It's an RX 480 running at 1500MHz daily clocks.

your airflow is all over the fucking place

Gonna get a nano s soon. Also a 1tb ssd and nzxt grid+ to go with it, and a new mobo.

Why not new case?

literally the left handed of the computer cases

this looks like trash

Nano S is a new case. Fractal Design Nano S

Thanks user! I love the case! Phanteks really does make great case! Also too bad for the blue motherboard! LGA 1155 was the real blue era!!

Thanks user! Glad to see someone appreciate it! It ain't really popular in the /best/ thread. Is this the pic you saw ?

Also inb4
>Small desk
>Dark picture
>Too blue
>Different monitor size
>Not enough leg room
>Spaghetti cable under the desk

It a work in progress!!!

Fugg. Didn't see.

It is too blue though. Doesn't it fuck with your circadian cycle?

Yes, that was the picture. After you are done with making bit more room for legs you will be perfect.

Led brightness can be adjusted with the remote ( and powered off obviously) so I don't mind much , it feel less bright IRL.
Have been shitposting and gaming with it for the past month and can't say I've been bothered with it.

>It is too blue though. Doesn't it fuck with your circadian cycle?

I'm not him, but I have LEDs backlighting my desk and they don't fuck with me particularly. I keep them on a light blue usually, but will occasionally go for a soft red or similar depending on the day.

I had ordered a NH-D14, but received that downblower abomination by accident because the other one was sold out. Got a nice discount instead of sending it back and waiting for the other one to ship. In hindsight I wouldn't do it again. It's good enough, so I can't justify replacing it, just to satisfy the OCD.

looks comfy

Coolness intensifies.

I might sound a bit retarded but where is the 2nd drive?

See 2nd post fag

your system runs COOL, doesn't it?

Even ram is COOL

Waiting for my Zen stuff, but will never get rid of this. If amd gives me any shit this time, I'll sell it and probably set up water for the p55 and run it until it dies. Probably won't get cpu bottlenecked anytime soon anyway.

I actually like minimalistic motherboards, too bad its an old am2+ as they are quite limited on cpu performance.. What cpu you got under there? And hd 5750?

Bretty good, 7/10

Core2quad.. Overclocked.. I'm moist. 9/10

Loved those old brown mobos, and the q9x5x cpus were fucking awsome!

Probably still runs everything even today except the big multiplayer games.. Overclock limited by temp or mobo?

This thread again.

automated plex server, considering replacing this with a ryzen build

is that the prodigy?

I'm not really a tinker. Dust present has been accumulating there since I built this thing 3 years ago.

How'd I do?

man, the skew on that cooler is disturbing me

>Those USB expansion cards
Interesting didn't know other people still used those. Also why is one of your hard drives at the way top? Any particular reason?
Nothing personnel but I fucking hate opposite-sided cases with parts designed for non-opposite-sided builds. Goes against all the engineering that went into the parts. Dust your shit too.
>What GPU and why?
oh. Nice. breddy cool mane.
Makes me nervous tho, your CPU heatsink is resting on your GPU. I too love large heatsinks.
Functional but not ugly like most people's. And by ugly I mean thrown together looking. Yours looks like something I'd expect to get from a custom system builder.
neat

Getting this to replace my r9 390 got it for only 320. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133632

Its an rx 480.

If it were touching, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't turn on, m8. There's a good 3mm gap, you just can't see it because of the angle the picture was taken.

I used zip ties to attach the VRAM sink and the zip tie ends would touch the CPU heatsink before it would touch anything electrical, and keep them separate. It's fine, unless I kick the case down the stairs or something, but then I've got bigger problems.

how to do that with the desktop?

Just replaced my two 670s with a n RX480.
Need to take a better picture. Planning a few case mods when I upgrade to Ryzen. What's a good material to use for fan filters?

finished my meme 1700x build tonight

its ugly but temperatures and airflow are exellent

E5 2690v3

upset about the mobo + ram not matching the gpu's red "classified" meme scheme but they're blue because i had a blue h440 prior to the 400c.

Getting mine in a couple of weeks probably.. but holy fuck the "artwork" on the zen boards are fucking disgusting!

Pretty much all of them have those ugly white or gray stripes across them.

Now i'm not gonna spend hours cable managing, setting up for the perfect guts picture like many of you, but I do like a sexy motherboard.
And holy christ they dropped the ball on these ones.

sexy as hell

only half decent one is the crosshair vi

yea, I've seen some of the more expensive ones look ok'ish, but they all seem pretty bland to me.

anyway I'm going matx, and pic related is the lucky board

seems alright enough

beats the other asrock design with the giant clock gear on it, the taichi or whatever lol

opinions on mine?

I like blu on black, pretty decent. Way better than the later ones, but my fav look was on the 1./2. gen boards and also some 775 boards were hot as fug.

Pic is my current board, the last of the DFI Lanparty models they made, p55 socket 1156.

I loved the blue/black P6X58-E WS for 1366, and a couple of the x79 models.

orange is underrated for sure. unfortunate orange/blue is kinda dying out. :(

i like the actual fins going over the board with the heatpipe, as opposed to giant blocks of metal. looks nice.

yeah I love the fins/heatpipe too, it cools better and definitley looks better :P

Now its just those blocks of aluminium and leds everywhere sadly, but luckily the 1156/1366 platforms are still powerful enough to run pretty much everything still for years probably, so there's not need to upgrade really..

3dfag or sciencefag?

Gets the job done.

Christ, what do you do on this rig?

why are there gook words on your fagdrives? filled with gay anime you stupid gook-loving commie?

In the last month I removed the HDD and replaced the Crucial SSD with a 1tb SSD.

I really hate mechanical drives now, those things are loud as fuck.

To be honest, DDR2 will always run hot.

>Probably still runs everything even today except the big multiplayer games.. Overclock limited by temp or mobo?

By voltage, i don't want to overvolt the thing. It has been running since 2010 at that speed. And i doubt the previous owner run it at stock clock at any time.

If temps are good (both cpu and vrm) then there is no problem really. The cpu dying is VERY unlikely by a little vcore boost if it still runs today.
If cpus dies, it usually is within a year of some weakness and under very high temps.

Basicly, if you have the temps under control, cpus pretty much never die, even if you run quite high voltage. The failing factor is the motherboard 95% of the time, and I'm convinced they most often die because of either shitty cooling and/or shitty psu's.

Of course the performance gain you will see overclocking it further on air is small considering things will get hot fast, so may not even be worth it.

Windows 10 does it by default. Just set the image to stretched and make sure the total resolution fits.

My setup is dual 2560x1440 in a landscape + portrait orientation. Which makes the bottom edge 4000 pixels wide, and 2560 pixels on the highest point of the portrait monitor. (though the landscape monitor will obviously only have 1440 pixels in vertical height)

So with a 4000x2560 image (or larger) you can span it across both displays.

Or if you have two landscape monitors, you can set it up to work that way as well, though obviously the picture dimensions change from 4000x2560 to 5120x1440.

I rock it. That's what you do with a rig.

>two 1080p 144hz TN panels

Why...?

If anything get your primary monitor 144hz, then get a 2nd monitor that is higher res, or IPS or similar.

You aren't going to be gaming on both at the same time, just seems like a waste.

I like matching monitors and I really like how smooth everything is, it was horribly jarring going from 144 to 60 so I just bought two, they were reasonably priced so it didn't matter to me.

>they were reasonably priced so it didn't matter to me.
Yeah because they have fuck-huge bezels and are TN panels so have terrible off angle viewing angles.

what case do you have?

Until OLED panels become mainstream I couldn't give less of a fuck honestly.

Not OP but.
>Corsair C70 Military Green Steel

You can tell it is that way because that's the way it is.

I hope you got that 6850k for cheap as fuck, you dont seem to really be fully using your PCIe lanes and the 6800k is far cheaper for identical performance if you don't use all the PCIe lanes.

Don't worry I'm using all my lanes, I made sure from the manual. It's one of the reasons I bought the 6850K. It also has a higher base clock speed which is nice.

I paid normal price

thanks

>Don't worry I'm using all my lanes
...How?

I see a GPU that's x16
I see an SSD that's x4
and I see another device, potentially network or sound card which would be x1 or x4.

So x24 or x21 lanes used.

The 6800k has x28, the 6850k has x40

Either way i'm adding up and you have spare lanes with either CPU.

Unless i'm missing something

same case lel

I'll be building in this case soon (FIL former marine and wants a new computer). How easy was it to build in? How easy is the cable management?

Oh, I thought you said you hoped I was fully utilizing my lanes, to which the answer is yes. If I had installed the GPU in the first slot, it would be using x8 instead of x16, for example.

I don't need to use all my lanes, so obviously I'm not, but it's good to be prepared in case I do. I wanted to future proof a bit, and get some of that higher clock speed.

That other device is a WLAN card. I know I could've bought a motherboard with integrated WLAN/Bluetooth but the price would have bumped up by 200-300€ which is crazy. This way I can also replace it when we get new WLAN protocols.

....So you spent $200-300 more for a CPU that has a 200Mhz overclock compared to the cheaper CPU?

When BOTH CPUs can overclock WITH EASE to 4Ghz+?

The 6800k is literally identical silicon to the 6850k, they overclock to identical levels.

6800k stock is 3.4GHz
6850k stock is 3.6GHz

Both can hit ~4.2GHz with an average cooler.

The ONLY difference is the 6800k has 28 PCIe lanes and the 6850k has 40 PCIe lanes.

I guess I just don't understand your logic. You wasted $200-300 for literally nothing.

>I guess I just don't understand your logic
user, a fool and his money are easily parted.
The guy obviously just didn't do his research.

I don't really care, I have a good job and I don't want to bother with overclocking.

I could have saved a lot with the PSU as well

>and I don't want to bother with overclocking
Then you should have got a Xeon.

Sorry, but you specifically bought an overclocking chip.
the HEDT chips are BUILT for overclocking, they're identical to the higher end Xeons EXCEPT they allow for overclocking.

Just wtf all around, actually understand what you're buying next time.

Why are you making such a big deal out of this? good lord

Piss easy and piss easy, the case is huge. It looks a bit edgy on the outside, especially in the ammo box green, but is absolutely straight forward on the inside. You might want to invest in a fully modular PSU and custom cables.

Because you're spending your own hard earned money wrong. What kind of response did you expect, posting in this thread?

I dunno, didn't expect anything really

I've spent my hard earned money on far dumber things, believe me, this is nothing

I am seriously too lazy to take a pic.

Yeah, I was already planning on doing that, this is my rig here(), so I have a decent bit of experience as it is. Just hadn't actually got my hands on the case yet, but it's the only thing he bought so far, he was going to let me do the rest.