Apple appreciation thread

Apple appreciation thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
Sup
en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19578968
cnet.com/forums/discussions/usb-3-0-and-wifi-on-xps-13-ultrabook-558338/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

0 replies, I love it.

I have a MBP 13 retina that i appreciate

macOS is the best OS in the world

I wish I had a 15 rMBP from 2015 before they fucked everything up

I wish apple would make the 17 inch laptop again

get with it apple

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

/thread

Where is this from?

Apple's Indian HQ.

pasta

>can't refute a single fact

>can't pasta a single pasta

What an idiot, you replied so it had one

Said the guy replying.

I just wish they had a 32gb RAM macbook that had no touchbar and maybe a separate GPU

a real Pro Mac like back in the day

Should I buy a used Macbook with actual ports that's a bit slower or a new one with the dongle shit and touchbar?

are the new ones that much faster?

They're fine

Too bad they went full faggy time though.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

no get 2014/2015

>Should I buy a used Macbook with actual ports that's a bit slower or a new one with the dongle shit and touchbar?
>are the new ones that much faster?

I personally have one from 2015 and would not touch the new ones with a ten foot pole

any made after 2012 are plenty fast enough imo

bad pasta is bad

>no get 2014/2015

will they be noticeably slower?

get the new one the touch bar is not that bad

i love you mac

Throttling housefire trash.

fag

/thread

>i can't argue with solid facts so i'll dismiss them just because it's not OC

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Apple is.

>t. iSteve

You need to be 18 to be on Sup Forums sweetie.

Sup Forums.org/rules#global

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of how gay Apple is.

No shit Sherlock. Buts it a good pasta because it reminds Macfags how fucking stupid they are

>Pro
>Mac

Top lel

Crapple has never made a true professional machine

>Inb4 but muh trashcan!!!!!

Sup Forums is so fucking full of themselves. Fug all of you, Apple ft fucking w. Enjoy your Lenovo memepads and Linux that barely qualifies as useful

>overpriced gay fashion
>locked down milking ecosystem to maximize profits

you also like taking cocks

This man speaks the truth

Macfags GTFO

Despite all that, there are people _here_ where not a single one of those points pertains to their use case.

>gay
Typical PC maymay shill, runs out of excuses then resorts to the lowest form of shilling

>Sexuality
>Shilling

Okay yeah you don't know what that word means

Have fun with your little toys that can't even run Access

No, that one is real. Most mac users are homosexuals now especially since the CEO of apple literally cannot stop sucking cocks.

Latent homosexuals detected. People with secure sexuality don't get upset about what other people choose to do with their reproductive organs.

Any more silly arguments, shillios?

Thank you Apple for providing me with some awesome laptops over the years. Unfortunately I probably won't buy another one from you though if you don't get your act together.

No I'm just saying most apple users are homosexuals which is extremely disturbing. Most people will immediately lose respect for your if they think you're a homosexual (ie mac user).

Doesn't that bother you?

Lel

I just got a 2014 MBP 15 inch retina for 950 on eBay. I fucking love it. I come from Linux running on shitty rat computers and this fucking thing is so smooth and easy and easy to get work done on. Don't think I will look bad now, fellows.

Respect is earned, not bought

Ngl lie the whole thing does feel 'feminine' though. Still love it.

Oh look, this gay pasta again.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge

Because it's a *hinge*, retard. For what it's worth, I didn't like it either, but that's what tap-to-click is for. I turned that on and never had another complaint.

>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads

Incredibly disingenuous. They didn't "go back", they found a way to emulate the click feedback without the liabilities associated with mechanical parts. It's pressure-sensitive and everything.

>still has no real buttons

'Real' mouse buttons on laptop trackpads are ergonomic nightmares, and are total bullshit. I don't want to use a laptop that has them ever again.

>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management

Tell that to my Macbook Air that was getting 10-16 hours of battery life in 2013 while weighing 2.9 pounds.

>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system

I deliberately tried to choke a 15" Macbook Pro yesterday. I did not succeed within any reasonable parameters.

>blurry as shit retina meme scaling

What even?

>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

Wouldn't call it 'systemic'. I'd call it 'law of large numbers applied to world's most popular laptop containing industry-standard battery made of extremely dangerous and explosive materials'.

Ooookay, now on to 2016.

>can't use USB and wifi at the same time

I looked this one up. While it's not outright fake, consensus seems to be that Rossman was using a shitty USB-C accessory that wasn't shielded properly and was generating 2.4GHz interference, thereby fucking up the WiFi. It happens on some Windows laptops too.

en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19578968
cnet.com/forums/discussions/usb-3-0-and-wifi-on-xps-13-ultrabook-558338/

iphone 7 or SE?

OP is a faggot

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb

That keyboard is actually pretty good, despite its low travel. The keys are really stable and have a satisfying click to them, and the underlying mechanism is more durable than the scissor switches in the older keyboards.

>memetouch emojibar

That thing is genuinely cool, and underrated. Being able to effectively map shortcuts in real time is awesome, and being able to finger-scrub through photos, videos, and music is pleasant. It's like a one-row implementation of the Optimus keyboard concept.

>no USB-A

Nobody is going to give a fuck about that in 2-3 years. I barely give a fuck about it now. I use USB about five times a year. Always ask yourself, "Do I use this port enough to have it permanently grafted to my portable computer for its entire lifespan?" If the answer is no, leave it out.

As for USB-C itself, it's literally the most versatile port ever, and it's an industry-standard port that's seeing wide adoption already. I don't know what more you want from Apple. You used to complain about proprietary standards, and now you're complaining about a move to an open standard.

>no escape

It's on the Touch Bar, and, frankly, it's fine there.

>soldered ram
>soldered SSD

Whoop de doo, a laptop isn't user-serviceable. Water is wet, sun is bright, Trump is policy disaster.

>tamper tape on battery screws

With the warranty coverage they extend to you when you buy it, they deserve to know if you've opened it and fucked around in there. They don't owe you a new computer if you opened it and fucked something up.

>2 hour battery life

This was before a macOS update that fixed GPU switching on the 15" MBP. Outdated information.

>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

See pic.

>Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Can we finally put an end to this shitty pasta? For fuck's sake, at least update it to embarrass yourselves less.

>responding to pasta

You know, I thought about that, but then I thought, "Self, people who don't know better read that pasta and think it's true. Better to take one for the team and shoot holes in the dumb pasta bait than just let it fester."

Seriously. I work in Apple retail, and people come in spouting off about this dumb shit all the time. And they believe it. You may not believe that this dumb Sup Forums bullshit trickles down, but it totally does. I'm really tired of these fat, sweaty memelords coming into my store and regurgitating these retarded talking points.

>Seriously. I work in Apple retail

lol

Myself I'm a Golden Delicious fan. What about you OP?

I don't even own a Mac, I made this thread so I could see Sup Forums acting entitled and self important

I want the new MacPro to come out

Me too, honestly. I don't like the trashcan form factor much, but if they're going to do it, they should at least do it all the way. They're embarrassing themselves a bit with the current model.

>Me too, honestly. I don't like the trashcan form factor much, but if they're going to do it, they should at least do it all the way. They're embarrassing themselves a bit with the current model.

they don't even keep it up to date

shit or get off the pot apple

Gala or Cox's with a piece of cheddar cheese.

Pink Lady or fuck off.

I never thought there would be a good UNIX after Oracle bought Solaris, thank god for Apple to fill that niche.

Wtf I hate Apple now

I love apple now

alright i'll bite.
dropped my mbp a couple of times, still hasn't got any cosmetic or internal damage. it's now 4 years old, no need to change, still runs photoshop faster than any windows machine i have at home or at uni. it's loan-free. don't need to tell friends about it. windows now has ads everywhere in their OS :^>

se or wait for the next iphone

>2014/2015
>slower
lolno