Have an IQ of 140

>have an IQ of 140
>can't even grasp the basics of a programming language

Am I doing something wrong or am I simply to inteligent?

>to

Just because a free online website told you you are a smart boy doesn't mean you are

Dumb frogposter.

I doubt your IQ is that high, because most of programming is basic arithmetic and logical thinking.

either your IQ isn't that high or you're a lazy piece of shit

No... I know it's 140 because I was tested for autism and they also tested my IQ to see if I was mentally retarded...

When you were 12?

IQ tests are intellectual age over actual age. Just because you were a smart kid doesn't mean shit if you let yourself get lazy and not actually learn shit for the past decade.

>Am I doing something wrong

How could we possibly know without you telling us exactly what you are trying and for how long you have been at it

have u tried starting with algorithms first instead of a programming language Mr.140 IQ

if(iq==140) {
printf("U're retarded");
}

No... I was tested because I've been a NEET for almost 10 years so they thought I had some mental disability and had me tested... Then since I spend so much time on the computer they assumed I wanted to work with programming... Now I'm here and I don't understand anything...

lol fucking autists i swear

You use your brain wrong.
Get out from this weeb board as soon as possible.

>does not tell us what he is trying to learn or how
>expects advice

come on

>tfw to inteligent to care about short term happiness and pleasure
>tfw fully dedicated my life to programming and becoming rich by 30
>tfw I will maximize the average happiness level i will have during every day of my life at the expense of a few months / years of happiness
>tfw I am the supreme gentleman, the most evolved human on earth
IMO you should all let me fuck your bitches so I spread my seed, this would be beneficial to all of you, more of me would ensure a faster advancement of technology and culture but wait if there was an army of me I'd recycle each and every one of you subhumans

I have high functioning autism so I have autism but I'm not stupid...

I tried learning C# because it's Microsoft's programming language and I want to infiltrate Microsoft and steal the source code and leak it on Sup Forums...

>I tried learning C# because it's Microsoft's programming language and I want to infiltrate Microsoft and steal the source code and leak it on Sup Forums...

sounds like you really want advice and help

you cant judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
- p diddy

You clearly have low self esteem and probably no real drive or need or wish to learn the basics of whatever programming language you want to learn.

You've probably wallowed in whatever depression you're in for so long you don't even know what having a drive for something feels like anymore. You think your current measly efforts are the apex of effort you're capable of. That's not true however.

And predictably enough, you're using your IQ as an excuse not to do things instead of the opposite. You look at your high IQ and you think "well, this should be easy right? Since it's not, something is wrong with me, lol". Nothing is wrong with you, you're just not putting in the effort. "Easy" and "hard" are relative terms and lazy, depressed people lean toward thinking "easy = should be automatic, I don't even need to be aware of what I'm doing" and "hard = any amount of effort". Obviously an exaggeration, but you get the gist of it.

Your IQ should signal to you that you are more than capable of doing something, not that it will be easy to do so.

Every day, I'm glad I've picked up an instrument while I was younger. Not necessarily because I can play that instrument today, but because it's a constant reminder that it's possible to learn things that seem impossible and that the process of learning is a slow, almost subconscious transformation that comes from effort, rather than some sort of magical, conscious upgrade. There are no epiphanies, you just mold yourself through your work.

Thank you Dr Phil

Yes... Is there an idiot proof way to learn C#...

I figured advice is better than Sup Forums's usual, pathetic "lol let's laugh at the retard" mentality. Reeks of kids itching to make fun of someone for once instead of being made fun of as they probably in real life.

>Yes... Is there an idiot proof way to learn C#...

no

an idiot will never learn C# and to more directly answer your question, there is no easy way to learn it just like there is no easy way to learn calculus for idiots

So I just read the same thing... over and over... until I understand?

Didn't Feynman *only* have an IQ of 120?

You seem stupid.

he was a moran

>So I just read the same thing... over and over... until I understand?

no

try different books and actually try to write code, just reading shit is nothing, you have to code yourself and make mistakes and figure shit out. You should be able to follow a tutorial and write a "hello world" program in C# in a few hours or less

are you trying to code or just reading about it, it's like just reading about math, you don't learn that way you have to solve math problems yourself

>tfw get told am smartboi
>put in small amount of effort learning programming language
>Wonder why shit at programming

>Didn't Feynman *only* have an IQ of 120?

the average nobel prize winner has an IQ of about 120

Or maybe.. just maybe there is a difference between a number saying you're smart and how effective you are.

High IQ only means you're good at taking an IQ test

Yes, but not the average nobel prize winner in fields where IQ matters, such as physics and maths.

You likely don't have an IQ of 140, I'm sorry. The basics of a programming language are arguably simpler than the basics of human language.

>You likely don't have an IQ of 140, I'm sorry. The basics of a programming language are arguably simpler than the basics of human language.

he's just not trying very hard

yeah... that you're a lazy piece of shit

>>He used an online IQ tool

TOP KEK

>High IQ only means you're good at taking an IQ test

it means a bit more than that

it's the best predictor of who will and won't graduate from college

I guess. From his OP what I hear is "I don't understand what variables are or what if statements are".. can't really imagine anyone with an above average IQ not grasping that within minutes.

You probably are autistic.

>I guess. From his OP what I hear is "I don't understand what variables are or what if statements are".. can't really imagine anyone with an above average IQ not grasping that within minutes.

he's not telling us what he has tried and how many hours he put into it

my guess is not very many

>Nobel prize in maths
kek

Because most IQ tests aren't marking your intelligence they are marking a combination of intelligence + knowledge. They are inherently flawed. Once I realized a good number of them have fucking history or geography questions I never took them seriously again.

Also, a good number of them obviously give better scores if you have experience in certain mathematical fields. The notion that IQ tests only test "raw brain intelligence" is simply wrong. A good mathematician might score enormously higher than others while not being particularly smart in other fields.

Sure I oversimplified, but the IQ of a person is no real guarantee of success in anything. Arguments can be made of likelihood by way of percentages but at the end of it all you are good at IQ tests. OP took his at a very young age and you can argue it's even more marginalized

>Also, a good number of them obviously give better scores if you have experience in certain mathematical fields. The notion that IQ tests only test "raw brain intelligence" is simply wrong. A good mathematician might score enormously higher than others while not being particularly smart in other fields.

the fact remains if you give a bunch of 10 year olds IQ tests, they will predict which of them will graduate college better than any other test or their race or household income or quality of schooling

>Sure I oversimplified, but the IQ of a person is no real guarantee of success in anything. Arguments can be made of likelihood by way of percentages but at the end of it all you are good at IQ tests.

on average they are the best predictors of success we currently have and have been validated as such for 100 years via studies of outcomes of tested children

I don't think anyone is really arguing that they're the best predictors but that they're still very flawed. Take the creation of this thread as an example

>10 year old
That's quite an old age to be honest to call it "raw intelligence". I know of 5 year olds that were very rigorously educated by their parents, e.g. knowing how to read, write and math pretty well at 3-4. Hell I know for a fact that I could make my nephews smarter if I taught them simple math before schools did the same concepts years later.

>I don't think anyone is really arguing that they're the best predictors but that they're still very flawed. Take the creation of this thread as an example

they are not flawed they are just meant to be used "on average" just because you find a 90 year old who smokes does not mean smoking is good for you just because OP has no idea how to study or teach himself programming does not mean IQ tests are flawed

IIT people confuse knowledge with intelligence

>That's quite an old age to be honest to call it "raw intelligence".

I never said raw intelligence

it measures ability not genetic superiority

They are flawed, which is the entire point

>They are flawed, which is the entire point

nothing is perfect but they are very useful indicators on average when testing kids of future success, this has been proven

there is literally no better indicator of future scholastic success than an IQ test

you need to find something you think is worth your time and you can imagine yourself enjoy doing
also start small
start with python applications like a calculator or mods for a game if you're a gaymer

Again, no one is going to argue with you when you say that they're the "best" indicators of "intelligence"

>tfw to smart to program

>to

>it's possible to learn things that seem impossible and that the process of learning is a slow, almost subconscious transformation that comes from effort, rather than some sort of magical, conscious upgrade. There are no epiphanies, you just mold yourself through your work.
a lot of people charge for that kind of advice and rightfully so

NEWFAG GET OUT AAAAAAAAA

Not that guy but thanks, being someone who is lazy, depressed, out of shape with low self esteem and working a shitty minimum wage job.

don't worry, some people just use there intelligence in different ways

>he took the bait within the bait

>he took the meta-meta-metabait
Your move

>there

No, yewr to intelegend, meight.

Write. Code. Make your self a challenge such as making a calculator then split it up to smaller tasks, such as making the program calculate 2+2 for example. That's how I got started in programming, got a degree in CS now.

Richard Feynman had an IQ of 125, was handsome and outsmarted you in everything.

> To instead of too.
> Forgot periods in quotes.
IQ of 140 my ass.

Learning style has a lot to do with it. If you use an application based learning style then it should come easily, just get in and get your hands dirty and write code and make mistakes and develop your skills through experience. If you use a meaning based style prepare for a tough slog, you will spend forever trying to understand hardware and machine logic and a billion other things in an attempt to understand how to write "perfect" code before you write a single line, and you will fail.

People with autism can have obsessive tendencies, that's why you have autists spending thousands of hours in minecraft or whatever building insane worlds and getting maxed out games in RPGs etc, this is obviously the wrong approach for learning how to program. Just start writing stuff and expect it to be shitty at first.

10/10 bait thread

your brain just isnt made for coding, it takes a lot of fucking autism.

I tested studying CS and I started getting migraines when I saw a page of code language.

>two intaligant for computers
>would rather drink and shitpost until wwiii