I am in physical pain

I am in physical pain

My desktops always end up like that eventually. This is why I only use straight WMs with no desktop functionality on GNU+Linux.

Reminds me of the days of using a shared family computer. Bad times.

kek I miss the good old times when you had so many icons you could scroll on your desktop...

This is now a desktop art thread

>he uses a mac
>his pixel art isn't pixel perfect
You need a good de-lousing

Refering to those grilled balls?

Shiggy diggy doo, where are you?

just a typical ignorant macfag.

when they arent looking auto-arrange their icons

>oy vey, this casual doesn't even spend 12 hours a day ricing out his desktop with anime girls! This is a crime against humanity!!

>mfw you can't put files on the desktop in Wayland
>mfw Linux doesn't have this problem

>>mfw you can't put files on the desktop in Wayland
Gnome.

Fucking idiots. The desktop is nothing more than a folder that is always open essentially. It would actually be easier to organize shit in your home directory. How are people so damn stupid? There is no good reason to keep ANYTHING on your desktop.

It does provide easier access, so that can be one of the reasons as to why people keep things on their desktop.

I can't imagine how that would even be "easy access". It would be better to organize it. You could find it instantly by name. Not by searching through line after line of continues blue folder spam

ART.

Your on a GODDAMN plane. Settle your BUTTCHEAK and get.... Drunk!!!

don't worry user, your desktop will be great like mine one day :^)

>mom's files flooding almost 80% of the screen
>random pdfs, documents, images and her programs she needed for work just randomly strewn all over the screen
>my brother's folder was just in a corner with all it's files organized, had 1 fucking game in it
>my folder was deleted a couple of times when my mom would clear space
>she gets mad that the computer is slow and my brother's games are the reason why
>literally sifts for an hour at times to find specific docs she needed
When I built one for the family because the old one was pooped, I made my mom a folder and told her explicitly to organize with that, and even her folder's innards are a mess

wm?

>if you don't autistically have multiple rows of icons on your home page you're automatically a "is this the new desktop thread" autist

>windows 7
Its 2017 grandpa

In two more years, Windows 7 is going to be a decade old and it will suffer the same fate as Windows XP.

Time really flies by.

its

I memorize my desktop, it's extremely easy access

YEAR OF LINUX IS UPON US

>same fate as Windows XP
What MS slightly renames the long term / embedded version and a registry hack enables updates for years longer?

I'm still getting XP updates. I just tricked MS into thinking I have Windows POS.

XP32 = best recent Windows.

Do you even know what Wayland is you retard?

If you're staying on Win7 for security/privacy purposes (instead of Win10) consider how retarded you're being for a second. The NSA has backdoored every OS since XP, and seeing as you're not getting any more patches or security updates you're leaving yourself a much wider attack surface; a hacker's playground.

If you're just too lazy to upgrade to a non-outdated OS. Install Gentoo.

>and seeing as you're not getting any more patches or security updates you're leaving yourself a much wider attack surface

Realistically how much risky is this if you don't go to any shady websites?

Even Sup Forums is a shady website. Have you seen how much of a mess it is without an adblocker? Also just being on the internet is enough for anyone to be fucked over by the government. The only secure system is one you build from scratch (I don't mean buying the parts online) with no internet connection. We're all getting cucked, but you're getting cucked a little more than the rest of us.

I like keeping a couple folders or something
I just don't like the lone nothing on it style, I don't know why, I can't never get into it.

As long as you're not being an idiot, uMatrix and uBlock Origin is all you need for malware prevention. But look into keeping things a little more secure; try to stop being a lazy nigger and prevent targeted attacks. It's not difficult.

im angry i cant get rid of everything

r8

c r o p p e d

You can organise things by name and filetype on the desktop, fool.

LOL NICE
PLEASE RATE MY HACKER DESKTOP
captcha: madonna calle

>im angry i cant get rid of everything
you can though

Schwuchtel.

security is the same
privacy is better
take your meds

so much wasted space

The only reason not to cover your desktop in icons is if you have something decent to look at.

Covering your desktop with icons slows your machine down. Especially during booting.

I'm sorry

4K resolution
4x more shortcuts to manage

wat
werks™ for me here

Not anymore. That stopped being an issue quite a long time ago.