How old is too old to learn programming? Is 30+ too old?

How old is too old to learn programming? Is 30+ too old?

Other urls found in this thread:

udemy.com/java-tutorial/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Crick
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never. It's not some contact sport. If your brain works you can learn it.

Yes. You're over the hill. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Learning new skills is a young person's game. It's not even worth trying for someone like you. In fact, why are you even asking? You're old. Worn out. Just give up. Live isn't even worth living anymore.

No but it's too old for anime

Why would you seek validation on Sup Forums where people actively enjoy making other users feel bad and routinely tell other users they should kill themselves for some trivial fault?

Why people do this is beyond me.

You will be asking the same question in the future when you hit 40. Go and learn.

no, the programming neurons start forming at the age of 12.

How about you try and decide for yourself?

There's a 48 year old woman from puerto rico in my Java programming class, and she's one of the keenest students in the class. It really depends on how much effort you put into it.

Also, depends on what you want to do.

This.

30 is a perfectly fine age. Like the other user said, as long as your brain works- you can learn Java.

Here's a good beginners course to Java
udemy.com/java-tutorial/

Plus it's super easy to learn, just look up "Learn Java" and you'll get a bunch of free sites.
Good luck!

Yeah, the question isn't "is it too late to learn programming?" the REAL question is: "Am I willing to put in the effort every single day to learn how to program?".

Are you a man of discipline OP?

this

No, 30+ is fine to learn. 30+ is too old to get a job though.

If you didn't start programming before age of 14 you might as well not even try.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Crick
At the age of 21, Crick earned a Bachelor of Science degree in physics from University College London
In 1947, aged 31, Crick began studying biology
Crick’s transition from physics to biology Crick had to adjust from the "elegance and deep simplicity" of physics to the "elaborate chemical mechanisms that natural selection had evolved over billions of years." He described this transition as, "almost as if one had to be born again."
most noted for being a co-discoverer of the structure of the DNA molecule in 1953

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA
Its molecular structure was identified by James Watson and Francis Crick in 1953

What if you start learning AT the age of 14?

You're never too old for anime

What if you started programming in middle school but only ever did simple programming and never got into more complicated programming?
I knew a guy that worked in IT for many years, and he was very good at IT, but he was trying to learn to program but couldnt even wrap his mind around the logic and control in branches, like simple switch, if, and for. I learned all that in middle school but never programming anything more than simple hobby toy projects. I'm now trying to get into the really deep end of computer science, but the deeper ends of CS is really applied mathematics which is difficult for a math retard like me and I worry its too late for me to git gud.

It's never too late to git gud unless you're literally on your deathbed. It's if you have the time, willpower, and money to do so. Typically it's hard for older people to learn new things not because of some kind of mental lockdown, but because they're usually independent and have responsibilities that just take up too much time for them to invest elsewhere.

So anyone on Sup Forums can has the time to learn considering we're all in the basement, just no willpower.

"too old to learn" is a meme.

A proven false yet widely held belief.

Adults are as good if not better than children at learning.

good old internet lurk

I say just go for it. Don't Nike it and just do it. Just go for broke.

If you're 30+ and still watch anime then you may as well just kill yourself because you're a failure in life.

The only exception to this is childhood nostalgia anime like dragonball for example.

>The programming neurons
Holy KEK

Started programming with 30, got a job as developer with 32. It all depends on how much work and time you put into it.

There is no age limit to learn programming.
It's all about how well you understand things and how well you can develop stuff. If you're bad then give up.

Who is this semen demon?

If you're 30+ and you still haven't started watching anime you might as well kill yourself since you wasted the best years of your life.

Also missed all the good anime.

Too late. For those people I'd suggest becoming uber drivers.