What went wrong?

What went wrong?

I had that case top-right.
Had a 1 core Celeron OC to 3.8ghz 1.6V
I recently threw away that PC though
After 10 years of usage, the CPU finally died.
Good little torrent box

Nothing, since you can still buy a boring featureless box if you want.

That's a sexy case...
Do they make something a little more... "petite"?

Fractal Design and Lian Li cases are flimsy compared to rock solid, industrial beige cases of the 1970s and 1980s

Ricers/vidya bros

Were you planning to use it as a seat, or something?

gaming manchildren

Fractal Design have some smaller cases that look like that.

Nothing.

the audience for desktop computers changed from business people and professionals, to video game playing manchildren

Fractal garbage is obnoxiously minimal. What makes old OEM gear so worthy of jerking off to is how it struck a great balance between muted professionalism and actual care in design that made it stand out to those who paid attention. Not to mention it actually looks like a computer for getting shit done, not a cheap fridge with dwarfism.

are there any manufacturers that make beige cases?

Oh dear here we go another 80s shit throwing around buzzwords like "professionalism" and "getting shit done" when it's just about being unable to get out of this decade because it's when he still had a chance to be something.

So what shit do you actually get done? is it fucking nothing and butt diddling because you're unemployable?

Yes, Krylon.

What the fuck are you even saying?

>people customizing their own shit with their own bad taste then posting pictures of it on the internet

What do you mean 'wrong'? Are you autistic or just dumb?

technology illiterates that rice cars entered the scene.

>when you can't find anything wrong with this

>a fucking big ass featureless black box with guaca bowle feet
Fuck off Jeb!
Captcha related.

With the perspective of time you can see the influence of Star Wars on those designs.

Because they aren't made out of cast iron.

what is it about PC gamers and good taste

sturdy feet with large rubber pads and a window plus sectioned off basement for hiding psu + hdds + cables

NOTHING WRONG WITH IT

*ahem*

Why are materials so cheap now? Things back then used to be built to last, now they're built to be replaced. I just can't trust products anymore.

I prefer a middle ground. I don't want to look like an illiterate car racer. But I don't want it to be extremely secluded either.

Because YOU buy cheap. Or YOU are being scammed. There are companies like Noctua, Intel or certain PSU OEMs that are exceptional in quality.

>Noctua,
>quality.
Injection molded plastic for $20+, user.
>YOU are being scammed

> I have no cognitive dissonance at all

>t. audiophile

would have been a much better case without ODD bays

> source: my butt and manboobs

I can't be arsed to have any drive bay used at all, though they can be just removed, and some people need shit like pic related.

Lest I get better audio quality from my but, then your $500 of noturna rig with a sound blaster.
Seriously user. You're being extorted. I have crickets in the neighbors yard louder than cheapo $2 fans.

why not just source a fan hub from something like an h440 or buy it independently

if you want an actual fan controller the nzxt grid+ is great, fuck odd bay ones

> cognitive dissonance screeching intensifies

Don't tell me, I find that kind of panel ugly.

Maybe only if they could be covered.

But I bet people want them for show.

>needing a window and 'sturdy' feet for a box with practically nothing in it
>caring about cable management when the whole thing is ugly as shit to begin with

>t. plebian

It'd be kind of cute if computers inside keyboards came back - but the keyboard section should be replaceable.

It would be quite neat to get a PC that i can put my monitor on top, about 25cm deep. Would require short components though.

Bays are nice. They add modularity and utility to your system while also breaking up the front panel a bit more instead of just having a big, boring retarded gaping mesh wind tunnel.

It's all the worst parts of a laptop with all the worst parts of a desktop, there's a reason we ditched that shit as quickly as we could when monitors became widely affordable.