/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.

pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based monitor resolution and refresh rate

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
>Note: Win7 and 8.1 cannot be installed on a 200 series chipset

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.

logicalincrements.com/

>Subsitute a G4560 with 2400MHz RAM for any Pentium or i3; similar performance, up to 50% cost reduction.
>Consider using an i5 7500 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build without a Z mobo
>Consider a B250 or mobo for any Pentium or i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Very Good" tier build
>The only worthwhile gfx cards are the GTX1050, RX470, RX480, GTX1060 6GB for 1080p

General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.

pastebin.com/F9diF2hA

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

>Outdated chipset information

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/p7KCKZ
pccasegear.com/wish_lists/686905
pcpartpicker.com/list/FwcQgL
pcpartpicker.com/list/7XYpRG
pcpartpicker.com/list/RLLtsJ
pcpartpicker.com/guide/rNTwrH/great-gaming-build
pcpartpicker.com/list/khcQgL
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First time building, is it too bad?
I'm not going to OC
pcpartpicker.com/list/p7KCKZ
also, can Sup Forums recommend me some PSU? I've not got the Pin thing.

an evga 600W 80+ should be more than enough

Need a new PC for a mix of work lab/Counter Strike.
Hope to run VMWare workstation with 6+ guest OS.
Any suggestions for performance increase/price reduction appreciated.
pccasegear.com/wish_lists/686905

Living in Melb Australia.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/p7KCKZ

i would buy an SSD to boot off of and keep your primary games on

Will ryzen 1600 have iGPU?
Trying to build a pc without gpu until I have money to buy a 1080 or vega.

>1 HDD
>1 GPU
>Full tower

MOOOOOOOOOOOOM

>pccasegear.com/wish_lists/686905

make sure you buy an SSD

I've got two 240gb EVO ssd's in my current build, planning on bringing those across.

RAID 0?

How should I feel about this?

people always spend more of PSUs then they need and new GPUs are more power efficient. corsair is a cheap brand.

1 TB hard drive is not enough. but you can get another later.

since you clearly have the money I would invest in an SSD to put your OS on. samsung works

if you plan on overclocking the cpu get a motherboard with a Z170 chipset.

depends on if you are going to want other drives in your pc

Thanks
I've already one, as I'm not going to buy I forgot to put there

I am about to buy a i7 7700 system without gpu, I was wondering if I should just pull the trigger and buy it or buy ryzen 5 flagship.

What do you anons thinks?

not at the moment.

Yeah, it's probably not an issue.
I plan to have 1 m.2 drive and 2 sata drives.

Looking at the high fps 1080p 144hz build I cant help but feel like gtx 1070 is overkill?

IS this build assuming we are trying to get max fps with max settings in games?

What would be a better alternative gpu in that kit for max fps while not caring about max settings?

apparrently the ryzen is future proof even though it under performs compares to the i7.

You'll never notice the difference in performance, but you are buying an inferior product.

Thing is Ryzen will hold steady at that performance for years to come cuz multipel cores.
I7 is gonna fall off hard in a bit

I bought a 6600K that I've overclocked to 4.5 GHz with no stability issues, but now I'm wishing I'd bought a 7700K.

Talk me out of this.

Anyone here rocking a server board?

What titles are you looking to get 144hz in? Maybe older games will be able to with max settings, but I haven't seen many benchmarks that show it getting very high with newer titles.

you're buying an inferior product if you only use it for video games yeah

No no i mean assuming I don't give a shit about max settings then the 1070 is overkill right?
I mainly want 144hz for competitive fps like cs go overwatch etc where im gonna min all the settings regardless. I dont need a 1070 to average above 144fps in that scenario right?

Oh yeah, 1070 would be huge overkill. iirc you can get huge frame improvements just by turning overwatch down to low even with a 1060

ok great I think eventually ill shell out for a gpu but im just gonna go all out on my cpu motherboard and case/PSU since GPU isnt a dealbreaker for my needs

I'm using a six-year-old, Bronze-rated 650W Corsair PSU in my brand new build. Should I upgrade?

what are best 140 case fans to move most air?
don't really like the ones that came with R5

check if your PSU comptiable with modern CPUs
after haswell it will be an issue due to how power states are handled now

It seems to be working fine, but now you have me concerned.

Question what CPU benefits the most from 2400mhz RAM?

What's the benefit of the R7 1700X over the 1700? Doesn't the lower tdp mean you can overclock it better?

X versions are unlocked.

temps, apparently 1700x has less heat than oc 1700
otherwise both at 3.9 perform identically
power consumption is the same, so really, if you got silent enough cooler 1700 is the only choice

weekend Sup Forums, huh

$ 60 Baby Lake Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-core w/HT
$ 78 Asrock B250M Mobo
$112 Corsair 1x16GB DDR4-2400, CAS 14
$157 Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD 256GB (300K/100K R/W IOPS)
$230 EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
$ 31 Bitfenix Case
$ 57 Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold PSU
------
$725

Purpose: Learning data science (statistical modeling, neural nets,).
Single-threaded CPU workloads.
Priority: high Nvidia GPU RAM with decent $/GB.

Amidoinitrite

>Purpose: Learning data science (statistical modeling, neural nets,).
>EVGA GTX 1060 6GB

Forgot link:
pcpartpicker.com/list/FwcQgL

Not meme-teir speech- or image-recognition with high memory requirements, user.

>Not meme-teir speech- or image-recognition with high memory requirements, user.
1060 is overkill, though not a bad choice if you really want the latest stuff.

Does RAID still kill TRIM?

As I understand it, there are three crucial specs:

1. memory capacity (GB)
2. memory bandwidth (GB/s) is the speed bottleneck
3. Pascal architecture makes a huge difference

I am excited to see if Nvidia uses HBM in its next generation like AMD, or if they're going to cripple consumer-level cards for neural net programming like they are so keen to do.

Would that be a problem for AMD systems?

What

X means xtreme, user.

pcpartpicker.com/list/7XYpRG

How's this? Is 1070+ necessary for 1440p?

Also gonna get an SSD to boot off of just didn't list it

Which brand do you guys recommend for the GTX1070?

MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac

Im thinking about upgrading to a higher latency monitor, im stuck with 1368x768 and 1920x1080p monitors, what I want to know is do Freesync and G-sync do anything worth their price?
I want to upgrade to the next GPU architecture, maybe in a year or two so I just want a monitor to play rocket league and TF2 and Paladins with high fps.

BenQ 24" ZOWIE XL2411, 144Hz is what i've been looking at. How does it fare against a Asus 24" MG248Q Full HD

What do you think about this entry level build? Case is still undecided. Pc is for my gf, so AAA titles are very very rare.

pcpartpicker.com/list/RLLtsJ
Is there anything particularly retarded about this?

Some i7 7700k vs i5 7600k gaming benchmarks show the i7 having an advantage of 30 fps and sometimes more yet different benchmarks of same game shows i7 having similar fps to i5. Both were at stock speed. What should I believe?

Is it worth getting the 4gb version of the RX 460 over the 2gb version? The price difference between them here is 15 euros.

>buying an RX 460 at all

Will she ever come back one day?

different benchmarks, different settings, different other components

What kind of minimum latency are you looking for?
What's the base price, doofus

>
well my gtx 960 can play rocket league, tf2 and paladins about 200 fps so i'd like atleast 100hz but i read that both those monitors I linked have some bad features that make them not worth getting. My budget is only like 300-500€ at best.

100hz for 100fps I think would be a safe bet

Newfriend here anyone have any builds for gayman at high settings shit like total war warhammer that wont break the bank?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz/ AMD FX 8350
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 3 GB
Video Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Radeon R9 270X 2048MB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048MB @ 1080p

whats your bank limit you dumb fuck
buy used

So the i7 7700k does have a huge advantage over the 7600k?

Idk I found this online. I recommend you research first.

In motherboards with several RAM slots, is there a max capacity limit per slot?
Say, if a mobo has
> 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
does that mean I'm welcome to shove a single 8 GB module in it if I like, or 2 x 4 GB or whatever, or would it accept nothing bigger than 2 GB in each slot?

>She

pcpartpicker.com/guide/rNTwrH/great-gaming-build

Is this a good build?

Yes, 100 more don't you see?

Probably not, you could get a haswell i7 4790 and you wouldn't notice the difference. Since amd couldn't compete until now, intel has gone full lazy mode these last years.

None of the ryzen chips have iGPUs. The APUs come out later.

>tfw christmas rose videos were the highlight of my 2016
lol jk fags, this tranny is pretty cute, but deleting my rose folder was probably the best Sup Forums related thing I've ever done. Have fun wanking to grandma rose and pappy nataroo in a few years.

pcpartpicker.com/list/khcQgL
manufacturers might be shite and i didnt check the mobo for all the connections. Check yourself if the processor has a stock cooler, if it doesnt get a cheap blower, Also exhaust and intake fans for the case if they dont come with it.

thanks man that lead me to a 300€ 1080p screen

>The only worthwhile gfx cards are the GTX1050, RX470, RX480, GTX1060 6GB for 1080p

Really? So people buying 1070 or 1080 now waste money?

Also - why Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ OC gets so hot so fast and how to deal with that? 50C on idle, 75C during load and sometimes reach 82C.

With GPU-Z I noticed that mine sometimes reach voltage 1,185 V, is that normal too?

the price for 1070 and 1080 is absurd compared to the little performance gains over 1060 or 480
it could be argued that the gtx 1080ti is the worthwhile purchase instead of 1070 or 1080

>Really? So people buying 1070 or 1080 now waste money?
If they have 1080p screen, pretty much.

I'm curious as to why there's a Wi-Fi adapter in all the saved pcpartpicker builds.

Because people want to connect their desktops with wi-fi instead of cable?

I prefer cable but all my co-workers would rather use wi-fi instead because they like to have least number of cables possible.

>CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7500 3.40GHz 6MB

>GPU:GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

>RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory

>MOBO:ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac mITX w/AC WiFi, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 4 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe

Is this gud?

>Z270
Why? Just get B250.

The RX460 2GB is 135 while the 4GB is 150

What about those temperatures? Anybody got ideas?

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU soon to play Nier Automata on max. Currently I have a GTX 670. Thing is, I'm out of the country atm and won't be able to play til I return in May to where my PC is. By then, should I get a GTX 980 Ti? Heard the prices were going to drop and it's an efficient upgrade. I don't really play any other games which have high graphics req.

Just get a 1050 Ti, it's like 35% faster than the 460 while only being 20-30 bucks more expensive

fan curve or drivers or bad airflow in the case

just think about it when you get back, it will only get cheaper now

I don't want to get an Nvidia GPU because I don't want to give up on my freesync monitor.

Then get a 470 or a 480, it will be worth it.

Which 1060 should I get? I heard Palit and Zotac are shit. I also heard MSI have some VRM cooling problems. Asus Strix looks nice but kinda overpriced for what it is. I'm kinda confused.

Its pretty fresh card so I dont think its damaged yet. Drivers are latest.

Case - Corsair 200R - looks like on the pic.

The thing is, the cheapest RX470 available here costs 240 and the cheapest RX48- costs 250. So getting a 470 is out of the question. Is the RX480 worth the 100 extra euros over the RX 460?

Good GPU to pair with my i5 4460?

Something that's cheap, power efficient and can do 1080p60fps with High - Ultra settings.

fan curve is the curve in which the GPU Fans respond to the temperature, as in if its 30celsius they spin at 0% and if its 80celsius they spin at 100% while throttling.
I suggest installing MSI Afterburner or some other GPU tweaking program and find a working fan curve for you GPU.

Well, its idel temperature is 50C, but I noticed that it try to keep around 72-75C and only adjust fan speed when loaded.

But according to GPU-Z, in heaviest load yet it didnt go over 60% fan speed yet, but could that be that GPU-Z have wrong data? I mean, that 60% is 2200 rpm.

If quad cores are going out the window, what would be a good 6 or 8 core cpu for 4k?

RY ZEN

For 1440p is 1070+ necessary?

Thoughts on the 1050 Ti?

What about the 5820k?

yes

RY
ZEN

Depends on how much more expensive 470 is. 1050 ti is great if your PSU sucks, otherwise the price/performance doesn't look too good.

Damn, I plan to build a Ryzen-X370 based PC next week and I don't know which motherboard to choose. I am now in favor of Asus Prime as it has muh USB 3.0 ports, but MSI Gaming Pro Carbon seems to have better RAM speed support. Which one should I choose, or should I have better choice?
Don't tell me to buy Gigabyte boards because I can't find any of them in where I live.