Non-free emulators

>non-free emulators

why?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/decaf-emu/decaf-emu
redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/enterprise-linux?portal:componentId=6f39dbda-a711-4937-8194-2f35d0a25fc4&portal:type=action&interactionstate=JBPNS_rO0ABXchAAtsb2NhbGVWYWx1ZQAAAAEABUNIfGRlAAdfX0VPRl9f&portal:isSecure=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>people aren't allowed to make money off their work

don't buy it then if it's not worth it

>making money off of copyright infringement

because they have stolen nintendo code

emulators are totally legal
they don't provide roms

>implying you care about that

emulating BOTW probably caught nintendo's eye.

i doubt this project will last long. reverse engineering programming is gonna piss someone off. it's executing some sort of code from nintendo's libraries.

>it's executing some sort of code from nintendo's libraries.
no it's not.

Also, this project has already lasted pretty long

But they enable illegal things

>implying you dump your own roms

your hope means nothing to lawyers

>>implying you dump your own roms
That makes me lel because I always see the forums for these emus where everyone is hyper reddit and crucifies you if you talk about downloading roms as if 99% of the userbase doesn't already do that.

By your logic that implies with literally everything.
>you have a knife, so you can stab someone
>you breath, so you can probably kill someone in potential
>you have a car, so you can use it to escape from a felony
>you have a pc, so you can probably store illegal content
>you have internet, so you can use it to download illegal stuff
Just fuck off.

>computers enable people to run """ill-lee-gal""" emulators
BAN ASSAULT COMPUTERS

They all have legitimate uses

>implying you run homebrew on emulators

>implying you cant

Because... it's theirs. Imo they can fuck right off I'm not paying shit but doesn't mean they can't charge. Nearly all emulators, or at least high level ones, don't infringe on any copyright material and are not illegal themselves.

>pirate their emulator
>just like how they enable piracy of nintendo's software

It would be poetic

But that's wrong, faggot. Prove it or shut up.

I've been wondering why it's acceptable for emulators on smartphones to be paid software. Or are filled with ads.

I just figured normies are like "lol mario" and pay without a second thought.

someone would just pirate their software anyway, if its any good

I already did lol

I did this for project64 when they wouldn't release 1.7 for free

I can prove it, the moment the cemu dude releases his source.

Why pirate it now if it doesn't play anything yet. I'm waiting for it to be able to play BOTW before I pirate it.

It can be play already, just not perfect. also only on pc with high specs.

it plays quite a bit

How much do you have to pay to download CEMU?

it's free but patrons who pay $5 get new versions a week early

Nothing. Builds are released to Patreon backers a week early. That's it. The same build is released for free on their site a week later. Manbabies from Sup Forums have a problem with this, because they're poor but want it NOW NOW NOW.

The fuck, people are complaining about paying 5 dollars to get early access? Is it 5 dollars a month or 5 dollars one time? Even if it's not a single fee why can't they just wait one week? Holy shit OP is a faggot.

Payment isn't required, you dumb fucking shit stain. Kill yourself.

it's per month but you can literally wait a week and get it for free

Convenience fee.

holy fucking shit you retard, non-free as in freedom

/this

It's free?

The patreons only get minor bugfixes, hence the letters, a,b,c,d, etc.

Public free releases are an actual version release that has been beta tested by the patrons.
Obviously it's nowhere near beta or alpha state itself. Plays most stuff, but it's "in development".

So only reason to become a patron is to actually donate to them. You will get the better version after a week anyways.

Bleem motherfuckers.

Also, even if they sued them to just stall the development, they could not even do that, because literary leaking the source, changing the name and then starting new development with that source while the court case goes on.

Yes, because talking about piracy is one thing, another thing is actually doing it, implying you can prove I did it.

Also it's totally legal to download a ROM of the internet if you already own a physical copy of the game.

Heck, I will buy BotW when it's playable on Cemu because I like to support a good game.

It's free to begin with. There's nothing to pay.

Why pirate it if it's free anyways?
You do know you are talking about a free emulator?

You can play BotW once it reaches playable state without paying a cent for the emulator.

seriously , kys.

Not only that, but patreon builds aren't that good to begin with, once it hits public release a week later, they will have fixed a lot of issues the patrons complained about.

It's literary donating and helping the development of the emulator, not only with money, but with testing.

That's not actually true. If you owned the media you could have a case in court but it's still currently illegal in usa.

I've made disc images of a few of my PS1 games and have downloaded a few others that I've already owned but had discs of in poor condition. I did download several games as well that I haven't bought personally... so I do a mix of things... mostly just PS1 emulation so far but I might get into it more once eventually when I have more free time.

*more eventually when

Theres no info on the developers, how the hell are these guys doing it? Genius-level intelligence and massive console knowledge? Access to internal Nintendo developer material? How is it possible?

This reply intended more for

Because dolphin devs said they won't pick the WiiU up, so they decided to become first. Being first is a big deal, they can do whatever the fuck they want.
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for them to release source, most shit would be running great if they went open in the first place.

The one I'm really hype for is rpcs3, there are so many games I want to play from the PS3.
Pic not related, I would never admit wanting to play Atelier. Never at all.

that's not how it works

here's the open source wiiu emulator, OP
github.com/decaf-emu/decaf-emu

use that if you'd like, but it's so bad you probably didn't even know it existed. i'd take working closed source software over non-working freetard shit every day.

as for why cemu is closed source: either it's because they want patreon money to be able to work fulltime on it (no one EVER donates large amounts of money to open source emulators, monthly) or they have insider information (i.e. leaked nintendo code) they're trying to hide to avoid a lawsuit. many people are using cemu and if the devs ever decide to put malware in it, you'll know within the hour.

regardless, i hope they'll release the source when they stop working on it so others can continue their work (though i don't see that happening anytime soon, they get $120k a year right now, worst case scenario they'll intentionally slow down progress to keep collecting their free money).

They could easily be using binary blobs from Wii U hardware, similar to how Dolphin used to require Wii bios for LLE sound (though naturally they never redistributed it)

>murica
yeah, nice

Has ANYONE installed PCSX2 successfully on a 64 bit system?

All I want is a fully accurate Nintendo 64 emulator.

Yeah? why would 64 bit matter?

because it down't work on 64 bit in my case, a lot of people are recommending I set up a chrooted 32 bt system to play muh ps2

They just provide an incentive to give them money if you don't want to wait a couple of weeks, what's the problem?

>But they enable illegal things
That's not how it works dipshit

Even dumping roms of games you own is illegal if there's any form of copy protection on the disc/cart due to DMCA.

Nintendo didn't even bother to patch the glaring softmod hacks on the Wii U. They don't care about an emulator for a dead system. They aren't even selling it anymore. It's over.

Emulators are not illegal. Roms are copyright infringement.

Nintendo doesn't know it may not contain their code, because the source code isn't public. We'll know they're under investigation when their payment page shuts, and we'll know they used illegal code when they don't come back and the project goes to waste. But yeah, go prove it for us pls!

This:

Why would I support this garbage when Mednafen exists and is better?

Plutocrapitalism!

>Waaah, you just went against the corporations!
Tell me what else emotionally hurts your chicken body.

Nintendo could easily bankrupt this guy for life by tying him up in a lengthy legal battle even if the end result would be a court ruling in his favor.

Charging money for an emulator is really fucking sketch.

yes

does mednafen emulate the Wii U?

how?

I just assumed it was open source. Who the fuck makes a closed source emulator? The performance and compatibility can only improve if it was OSS.

Unless they plan on selling it in the future or the emulator has Nintendo code in it.

The landlord doesn't accept free software as a currency.

>But they enable illegal things

So do soldering irons and eprom programmers, but those aren't illegal either, are they?

>Has ANYONE installed PCSX2 successfully on a 64 bit system?

Not sure what you mean with this, I've been using it on a 64bit system since the 00s.

ona 64 bit linux system?

LISTEN, YOU FUCKING MORAL CRUSADERS, I BOUGHT THE GOD DAMN GAME FOR WIIU, I'VE SPENT 59 DOLLARS ON IT. IF I WANT TO ISO IT AND PLAY IT ON MY FUCKING PC, THAT'S MY GOD DAMN PREROGATIVE!

Well what country are these guys in? Aren't there some places they can get away with it or ways they can remain anonymous?

Imagine if someone was trying to make money off a Open source project, that's what this is. Emulators should be fucking free, or they should fuck off. Next they'll start charging for private trackers or something ?
Nintendo are jews of the highest degree and should be raped in the ass, but these Cemu shills aren't any different either, might as well pay for the damn console if I have to pay , at least I'll get fucking stable framerates.
Sometimes I forget that underaged newfags and Sup Forumstards infest Sup Forums.
nothing wrong with emulation, but making money off it is the lowest someone can fall

You didn't buy the game, you bought a license.

Kids today do not have the wherewithal to look for a good, free solution like was done years past.

By that time the paid week would be over and you could get 1.7.3 for free.

>buys a cd/cartridge that has the entire game on it
>it physical exists
>"you only bought a license"

really makes you think

That's with digital.

With physical I have way more freedoms to do as i please with my vidya.

yeah just look at all the stupid freetard shit like dolphin, bsnes, mednafen, gambatte, nestopia, ppsspp etc which are the most accurate emulators for their respective platforms

No you don't, it's the same shit, the difference is you get the digital content inside the disk. You only get a license to use it, not to do whatever you want with it.

shit son

Sure, but good luck creating another secure payment service to take donations. Nintendo could issues a cease and desist to this site they get donations from and it'd be gone in an instant.

But tons of organizations are making money of open source projects. Gtfo commie scum

>organisations

fell a little too hard for the jew didn't you
Plus they create original product , not fucking EMULATE other people's shit and sell it

>what is multilib

>Imagine if someone was trying to make money off a Open source project
As happens a lot.

Tell me the difference between selling Linux distros that allow you to run others' software and emulators that allow you to run others' software.

Red Hat's revenue is 2 billion USD.

I sorta wish nintendo would just sue their asses
>pls give patreonbux so we can make a living out of other people's games and consoles

yeah it's not like writing an emulator is difficult work or anything

fanboys are mentally diseased

>free distro for free and open source software
>make money on emulators which run PAID games
>same thing
>distro is the same as an emulator

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you

>it's okay to rip off if it takes some effort from me
that's like making a site dedicated for piracy and charging users to use it

You're retarded. Not only has legal precedent already been set on this issue, meaning there'd be no "lengthy legal battle" at all, there's nothing "sketch" about charging for an emulator (not that that's even what they're fucking doing, but let's go with it). Bleem raped Sony in court and they were directly charging for their emulator.

redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/enterprise-linux?portal:componentId=6f39dbda-a711-4937-8194-2f35d0a25fc4&portal:type=action&interactionstate=JBPNS_rO0ABXchAAtsb2NhbGVWYWx1ZQAAAAEABUNIfGRlAAdfX0VPRl9f&portal:isSecure=false

An OS distro runs client programs, whether that's cat, libreoffice writer, steam, or a proprietary game. A console runs client programs. An emulator runs client programs.

All they're doing is writing a complicated piece of software that runs Switch binaries and profiting from their efforts. What you do with it is up to you.

>emulation is illegal

Go back to Sup Forums you stupid piece of shit. There's a reason why Nintendo, one of the most litigious companies around, haven't done a thing about Cemu, and it's because they can't. Go cry into your Mario bedsheets. I'll be enjoying BotW at 4K in a couple of months. :^)

I think Nintendo is for nigger, but honestly I agree with the dude. I hope Nintendo sues their ass.

you have no leg to stand on

you do sound like a fanboy