Just finished my AMD build Ryzen 1700

First computer i've built.

Managed to get the last in stock motherboard at CanadaComputers. Everything went smoothly but the stock cooler was worrisom to install. screws didn't seem to align well with Asus b350 plus. Had to apply some small pressure. Don't know why Speccy is not knowing the name of my RAM but in the asus bios it runs what it was advertised (2400mhz) 2 x8gb Hyper X fury. I kinda went J U S T mode on the cable management at the back of the case and thankfully the panel fit. P400 phanteks btw. IO shield they give is pure cancerous.

Any other amdbros got their builds yet?

Not 100% on a new AMD build yet (currently 8350FX build on its last legs).

Does anyone know any of better Ryzen boards coming down the line than the mediocre launch lineup?

Assuming you're in canuckland too -- how many maple pesos did you shell out for the CPU?

I'm also running an 8350, but I've never had much luck getting a stable overclock.

about 460$.

mediocreness has more to do with BIOS bugs than actual build quality i believe.

everyone wants to know how much fps you get in games at 640x480, user

gonna go buy the parts today upgrading from 8350FX

>about 460$.

Better wait a few weeks for manufacturers/microsoft to fix bugs in hard/software.

Just got my last part today, going to try some benches on my old hardware first before replacing to see what gains i got.

Any difficulties with Windows 10 when replacing shit?

Please learn about conversion rates already

>bu6 shitty asus mobo with 1800 ryzen
>wont go to post
>replace with another asus mobo by driving 40 miles in total to and from a microcenter
>wont go to post
>cpu got two burnt marks
>literally doa my cpu
>have to drive 40 miles to microcenter to return mobo
> have to wait two weeks for a cpu replacement and gigabytes mobo to come

Amazon completely fucked up on the Ryzen launch.
They were late on CPU deliveries.
I don't even think they had any Motherboards.
Yesterday Newegg finally had an x370 board in stock (ROG Crosshair).
Pulled the trigger on that.
By Wednesday should have it all put together.
What a rough launch.

Nay OP, waiting on the R5 series. Hopefully all this launch BS will settle out in the next couple months. I'm limping on a sandybridge right now.

I was planning on the 1400x since the first leaks gave it the best clocks, but now getting the 1600x.

>people always meme amd being dead
>all the products are always being purchased and out of stock for 6 months straight

None that i've noticed. I have a retail Windows 10 and it's a complete new build so i don't know about replacing existing hardware.

1800X reporting in

Waiting on a god tier ITX.

I'm also planning to get an AMD build later this year. Waiting for Ryzen 5, I see no point in getting R7 with my current usage.

noice, gratz

hey bro you wanna give me that 8350fx? I'm looking to change my setup a little but I'm stuck with 6300fx and ddr3 rams and I dont have enough to upgrade the mobo + ram + cpu all at once

see this

I finished up my 1800x build a few days ago. I been pretty happy with how it turned out. This ASRock board really surprised me with how well it's doing. The Taichi should also be pretty good since it has the same power configuration.

RAM is GSkill TridentZ running at 3200MHz.

Proc is OC'd to 4.0Ghz at 1.38 vcore right now.

Any reasoning behind that 5 platter hdd? Or was they just the cheapest option at the time of buying?

Any way to check Cpu temp without going into bios for the Ryzens? speccy isn't working

By the time I get into bios it won't give me an accurate reading because it had time to cool.

Is there no temperature monitor in Ryzen's Overclocking Utility?

Amd Ryzen Master is your only option atm

Ryzen master and also HWinfo work for me.

I'm thinking the same. Probably a 1600x for me. Not sure what type of mb I should go for.

so when the fuck is speccy going to update and properly show babbylake and ryzen?

on an 8320 myself seem to be stuck at 4.4ghz, might be the motherboard though. time to back down on the voltage til unstable

boston microcenter?

I also have a 40-50mi trip to MC, lets be friends

Time to throw that shit in the trash and get ryzen

AMD STRONK

Please anons, make me a favor? Run the GPGPU benchmark of AIDA64 on CPU and post the result.

Thanks in advance!

I got them for cheap but Seagate and WD are unreliable garbage these days.

planning on using alot of my parts and grabbing the r5

I wasn't looking down on you until I read Windows 10.

im dont understand why people buy rizen when the 5820k exists

only got trial version sorry

op i personally had no issues with my b350 msi tomahawk.

Is your mobo slow to post though? Mine takes about 30 seconds. Also it was a bitch for booting with drivers correctly.

Got everything except for my case and gpu.

total meme coming though

H O L L Y S H E E T, that fucking cooler. Must be loud as fuck

It's a NH-D15 and it's pretty quiet really.

Lol it's a thing driving a car .
Go car go

Sandybridge to R5 Ryzen?

Is that upgrade worth it?

It's actually one of the quietest air coolers out there.

HWInfo is lying.

Because some people do more than game on their PC

i7-3610QM to Ryzen, is it worth it?

Yes.

Take the serial: Y1GTFFYUD6FCDG1MDSJ4RILYE

Repeat the test, please? :3

Thanks!

what for? it doesn't work
aida guys said it themselves it gives wrong numbers

> sidegrading

why

Sandy Bridge believe it or not is showing its age, not as much as it should because of Intel's stagnation but with AMD's new lineup it might be a worthwhile upgrade just for new features and DDR4 support

here you go dude

also this is on a 1700x stock clocks with 2400MHz ram @ 16 16 16 36

mine takes 30 seconds too. I didn't have much problems with drivers since as soon as I got a functional windows 10 running I went straight to downloading drivers.

Many thanks user!

What temps do you get idle/full load and what cooler do you have?

I'm still on hold for 1700x build...
Is AMD graphics still pain in ass for linux systems? I want to go full AMD as in old Athlon days, but this performance hole holds me back.

Different user here, idle temps are weird with these procs. Most see temps in the 45-50C range at idle.

My custom water cooling loop idles around 48C according to Ryzen Master and HWinfo. CPU socket temp is only 30C. Load temp is 77C after 20 min in realbench. This is on a 1800X at 4.0GHz btw.

>asus

yes

I've been putting off my build for so long now. Should I just pull the trigger and just order everything now, or wait even further for better motherboards? Also it seems like every single fucking am4 motherboard is out of stock.

pretty good

I'm putting off my Ryzen build until there's a mini ITX motherboard.

I will be getting Ryzen though, that's for certain.

I'm in the same boat here user. I'm personally going to give it just a little more time before doing anything. More mobos will come out, and any initial problems that arise will have time to get fixed (I've read that at least one mobo is having problems and people are waiting for firmware/BIOS updates).

If you've been managing this long, you can give it a little bit more. It'll be worth it user, trust me.

I want to get it built before the end of spring break man. I want some time to actually use it. Fuck this is suffering.

You got the same screen as mine OP. I managed to overclock my monitor to 75 Hz , honestly the change from 60 Hz was immediately noticeable. I suggest that you overclock it mate.

>spring break
Man, just build it at the end of the semester (used to be the end of May for me). Focus on finals, and then get to vidya.

But I'm likely taking a summer class this year, won't have time then either. Fuck. I don't know what to do.

Maybe it is better though. Maybe I should wait...

The way I see it, waiting at least to the end of the semester is ideal, because the selection of mobos is pretty shit. So if you wait til at least the end of the semester, you'll buy something that is /worth/ using.

Make yourself a deal - you buy the build under the condition that you don't need to take summer classes, and you git gud and pass everything so that you can use your first or second week of summer to relax, build the pc, and play lots of vidya instead of taking summer classes.

Doooo eeeeeet

I'm not taking a summer class for a failure of a class this semester, it's to get my final math course out of the way permanently, and from there I can cruise and chill for the next 2 years.

Then waiting just a small time now will give you the ability to get the best pc possible to chill with for the next 2 years, at least. Plus, who knows, you might build it by the end of spring break, but you might find some problem with it and can't use it anyways. I don't know, I just tend to stay away from new tech until the initial chaos stops.

I guess that's true. I'd just been so set on it since I got my tax return. Oh well. It probably is for the best.

Same. When are these supposed to drop? I need an X370-based mITX board

This

I have a relatively undersized h60i I'm using cause I already had it, I'm using a 1700x.
I idle around 50c. Under load 64-68c.

AYYYMD