microsoft.com/northafrica/careers/positions/de.htm
bitsandbogies.blogspot.mx/2013/04/beware-pingsend-and-bsod.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tux is adorable ^.^

>I'll just put it right next to the binary to make sure it gets picked up

Does your ldd broken?

pls be my gf, im very cute and nice

> hey I want to install a new GCC, this version is a tad too old
> ok here it is in source form, no problem. I'll just compile and make install it.
> hm some weird error? uhhhh ok, I'll use the old one then
> Nope haha! fuck you!

> turning it off is simple

What's the matter, too stupid to use a package manager?

t. Windows user logic. Disable this camera shit in bios

>my time is valuable
>writes this

> hey I need to copy paste something into the terminal
> "middle click"
> nope, doesnt fucking work this time randomly
> "ctrl+shift+v"
> oh ok, now it does

> use package manager
> install package 'ImportantLib'
> "package 'ImportantLib' does not meet requirements, 'bullshit.deb.v013.442 required by package' Installed: bullshit.deb.v013.441"
> install bullshit.deb.v013.442 manually
> start app
> (.text+0x148): undefined reference to `LibFunc::insert(int, char)
> fucking hell
> uninstall bullshit.deb.v013.441
> Error: Trying to remove "yum", which is protected

There's designated folders for binaries and libraries. What's so hard to understand?
With all the valid reasons to be mad at Linux, why choose this?

You forgot to show the endless clickpath to the desired setting.

Because Windows (mess) way is only right way

at least you can figure that out on your own through a few seconds of exploration. Linux you cannot do shit unless you know the exact names for everything.

The second is the perfect solution. Firstly, it doesn't require GUI to be loaded in memory in order to turn the device off, secondly, it can be automated by a shell script. One more thing, there can be written a simple GUI wrapper to do this shit with a mouse.

Do you have The Downs™? It works for literally everything I've ever tried it with. Maybe the bullshit.so you copied over had some of its own dependencies that you did not also copy over, in which case it doesn't matter what operating system you're using it wouldn't have worked until you copied the dependencies over as well.

oh it's perfectly understandable. So App X and App Y both have their .so and man pages randomly mixed across the entire filesystem in some pattern.
I mean Windows is SO much worse, what are they thinking? Putting everything an app needs into that app's folder?
CRAZY man!!!

>Putting everything an app needs into that app's folder?
AHAHAHAHAHA no.

>One more thing, there can be written a simple GUI wrapper to do this shit with a mouse.

No one ever does that ever. Cause its shitnix. The desktop experience is made to be as hellish and obtuse as possible.

the GNU/+Linux side shows the entirety of the instructions

The Windows side doesn't show all the clusterfuck GUIs you have to hunt and click through to get to this point

Because Ctrl-D inserts EOF into input stream, Ctrl-C is the keyboard interruption they're more important than a "clipboard".

> > nope doesnt work
It's for the best.
> what is DLL hijacking
Also, man ld_preload.

forums.gentoo.org/index.php

>Sup Forums unironically defends this shit

just take a quick look into the gentoo forum. its fucking HILARIOUS.

People can't get the easiest things to work. Problems over problems.

>waiting 3 hours to compile a text editor
>still doesnt work
>re-do whole installation

lmao! Its fucking NUTS. People go insane lengths to be a living meme.

> oh no can't unpack tarball
> fuck i can't use configure make install
> oh hoppididooh apt-get WHOAAATTT???
> i need an installer for everything which messes around with everything
> it feels so good to not have a decent shell
> i love to use cmd.exe
> haha nice i love it windows key up my arse

20 apps uses sql.dll, so then i have 20 copies of sql.dll in 20 apps folders.

bravo winfags :DD

>needing instructions for basic task

ok you just told me a bunch of mumbo jumbo which means absolutely nothing

Had you actually used Linux anytime in the past ten years or so, you'd know that you hardly ever need to use CLI if you really don't want to. Command line is just the easier and faster way of doing things, especially if you're looking up instructions and can just copy-paste the commands and be done with it.

>memorizing directories, commands, and program names totally reasonable
>hitting the windows button and typing device manager totally unreasonable

typical autism reasons. If somebody can copy dlls into my filesystem then I have bigger problems

no way bro, that's like 20 megabytes of wasted space.
Oh and only if those 20 apps all use the exact same version. Yeah right. That happens.

That's not true at all. My main OS is Windows. I use Linux all the time as an internet browsing sandbox. The amount of headache I had to go through just to get it browsing the web normally was retarded.

It's probably your miserable experience. Experienced Gentoomen don't wait a compilation process, they can compile in background, pajeets can't manage their time. 3 hours is an inadequate exaggerated time estimate for a text editor

Amazing. Because for me web browsing has worked out of the box every time I've tried.

Then why do you care about a tech-tier OS? Use your consumer-tier OSes.

Linux is an OS for multiple users, unlike Windows, which usually runs on PCs. Imagine 20 people being logged into Linux at the same time. OS must be protected from DLL hijacking in one way or another.

>memorizing directories
The whole point of the directory structure in Linux is that you don't have to memorize that shit, because everything is in its place.

Valid reasons to be mad though:
pulseaudio: Never fucking works
xorg: old and buggy. Will take ages before wayland is usable
gtk3: breaks theming with every update
dconf: Let's copy one of the worst elements of Windows and only make it slightly more bearable
I could go on.

>y-you have complete control over your s-system
>Okay I want to get rid of SystemD
>w-well now lets not gey crazy!

> Valid reasons to be mad though:
/bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin.

>Linux is an OS for multiple users, unlike Windows, which usually runs on PCs. Imagine 20 people being logged into Linux at the same time. OS must be protected from DLL hijacking in one way or another.

Windows is made for single users? what are you smoking

LD_PRELOAD

Well, it's how it's being used. Just look at
> copy dlls into _my_ filesystem

All symlinks to /bin these days, but yeah that sucked. I read that unix devs back in the day actually did this, because their hard drive got full, so they created /sbin for static binaries on a new drive, but that lost all meaning when dynamic binaries ended up there.

just disable it in BIOS/UEFI

Then use a different distro you cocksucker tripfag, that's like saying "I want to remove the registry."

Yes, Windows was made as a single user OS with no networking. Both these things got tacked on later. You can actually still see the remains of some stolen unixoid network stack in Windows. hosts for example is in:
%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Multi user functionality in Windows is still kind of broken. runas.exe is not as mature as su or sudo.

Then again Unix was made as a single user OS, but had multi user support added early in its life.

He's right to an extent, but he's extremely butthurt and uses Microsoft.

>Putting everything an app needs into that app's folder

Windows places DLLs and config files and lots of other shit in other places than the folder where the program is.

> not using the middle mouse button

you are frail and you are weak

>> nope doesnt work ahaha fuck you!

LD_LIBRARY_PATH, desu

>BIOS/UEFI
This is Linux, right? I have Windows 10

wrong

check out the size of your WinSxS folder cuck.
especially after installing all the different MSVC shit and other versions of runtime Visual C++ libs

It has nothing to do with what OS you use, are you baiting me friend?

>99% of all community projects have such useless install scripts that you have to hunt down the individual packages it wants
Makes it really fucking hard to justify using this OS

>Y-you're just a poorfag

It's proliferation vs. exclusivity.

I can build an OS that will do everything for you but needs a supercomputer to even turn on. I can run Linux from everything on everything. Which will get more use?

> are you baiting me friend?
Isn't that obvious? Instead of asking that, you could've feed him more.
This is a complicated tech thing, I suggest to call a technician. There's no way a simple customer can do UEFI stuff on his own.

except on Windows it actually has real, non autistic reasons

That actually drives me mad. It's really amazing how many folders there are that store program data/configs on windows.

> WinSxS isn't autistic

yep, I now literally have to go to the command line everytime I want to start my program.

> b-b-ut just make it permanent

no, because then other programs might fucking break, which is the exact reason that linux idiots use to justify having this retarded system in the first place. it's irony on overdrive

>Critical bugs in Linux are fixed in less than 24 hours after discovery
I hate you all!

Just put it in a script that exports it and then starts the program. Is that too technical for you?

It has never made a problem for me, which is 1 million percent more than what I can say about Lincucks

ITT - "I don't know how to use it so its bad!"

We're sorry there was a colorful box to tell you what to do and then a frowny face when "Something happened :("

>yep, I now literally have to go to the command line everytime I want to start my program.
Or you could just paste all the commands into a text file and add #!bash as the first line.

no, it's too retarded for me because now I have to go to the COMMANDLINE TO START TEH FUCKING APPLICATION YOU GODDAMN IDIOT.

"j-j-just double click it, your [random file explorer] surely has support to execute scripts right?? no?"

"oh you wanted to keep your desktop entry? Haha nice try!!

"oh you like quickly scanning a folder and seeing your executable by its icon? shitta outa luck here :)"

Well, you're right. How about you recompile it with your libraries?

What a buttery smooth and elegant work around.

If you want to create a double-clickable desktop icon, you still can. Just make a .desktop file like those in /usr/share/applications.
It's super simple. You don't have to go to the command line or anything.

>ok I'll just put it right next to the binary to make sure it gets picked up
to duhm to knough hough lunakes werk

>Android

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Pajeet is mad as fuck right now, he knows he's losing.

yeah it is both of those things faggot

Are you enjoying Window's 2-month security update period? How about your host of shitty windows apps that no individual at MS is accountable for? Your monolithic pile of shit OS working out for you?

Open source developers fix my OS overnight, and then let me read the source. Fuck you.

Today the EVANGELISM is 2/10 EFFECTIVE. Good job!

Okay list em out for me bud. All those distros without systemd

>i-it's like removing the r-registry!

Oh I love that famous Linux customization. Complete control!

>he doesn't know how to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
laughing_girls.jpg

> Install Ubuntu
> Read on omgubuntu that if you want graphics acceleration you have to install the nvidia drivers
> google for nvidia drivers
> 15 different options, pick one for my graphics card
> download and install like the README says
> reboot
> black screen, blinking cursor

>Okay list em out for me bud
Not him, but
without-systemd.org

That never happened

Good work!, keep spreading bull... er, i mean facts to more potential customers. You may seem to have an unabated passion for technology so i guess you be be interested into a job as DEVELOPER EVANGELIST. Believe me, you're good at what you do. Allow yourself take this unique chance!

microsoft.com/northafrica/careers/positions/de.htm

What an exciting thread you have there.

>having a launcher script is a "workaround"
It's not, and even if it were, that's your fault for trying to do something literally retarded in the first place.

>Install windows 10
>No network drivers so need to use another computer to get the drivers.
>Update takes forever.
>Install the drivers from windows update.
>No sound.
>Search the driver from the manufacturer's site.
>Ok, no problem.
>Suspiciously high storage drive usage.
>Processes using high amount of resources for no reason.
>Forced updates, give up trying to customize it because the updates sets the defaults again.
>No more possibility to know what are the updates about.
>Error messages are not useful.
>Must uninstall crap often but gets installed again.
>Cannot disable cortana.
>Pretty obvious i don't control my OS.
>Read MS privacy statement.
>Fuck this shit.
>Install windows 7.
>No drivers, must hunt them this time.
>mfw i read that MS is issuing updates that backports W1's bullshit to windows 7.
>mfw i must use third party programs and be careful with the updates to protect myself from my own software provider.

>At some moment got interested into looking for other software providers.
>Don't want to buy hardware and hackingtosh seems a fucking hassle so don't care about apple for the moment.
>Download ubuntu mate installation media.
>Try to boot but get black screen.
>Literally first google result tells me how to start with nomodeset and how to install the proprietary nvidia drivers.
>Proceed to install.
>reboot.
>Start again with nomodeset.
>Update OS (extremely fast compared to windows) and install nvidia drivers from a GUI.
>reboot.
>mfw everything works, no need to search for drivers.
>discovers dolphin, youtube-dl, clementine, playonlinux, kdenlive, krita, etc.
>Comfy as fuck.
>Discover my previous MS office documents don't work fine always.
>Read about the problem and discovers MS issued an standard they don't respect and no one know how it got approved something like that.
>Around half of my steam games are not avilable on linux.
>Read about it and discover how closed technologies can work as lock-in mechanism.
>mfw going back to windows would be like begging to be mistreated.
>mfw i would be actively supporting to make worse this situation.
>nope
>Use my computer normally but try to save my documents in open formats when possible to avoid being locked out from them and try to reward those developers who uses a multi-platform approach.

it did and i fixed it on the commandline in terminal session by renaming nvidia .so somehow by first getting into text mode by editing the grub menu during startup.
lucky me that i had another laptop where i could go online.
This shit is exactly why Linux is utter trash and always will be.

You cant just make shit up Pajeet my friend, that's not fair

>Using an OS that crashes from a ping.
bitsandbogies.blogspot.mx/2013/04/beware-pingsend-and-bsod.html

Yeah send those "open documents" to your boss or professor see how well that goes over. When they bitch just go into your turbo autism mode about proprietary software

> Debian stable install hasn't been booted for 4 years
> Boot it up
> Updates easily

Fucking Stallman

That's what pdf files are for.

Just put some tape over it. 10/10 works everytime.