Is it time to upgrade?

Is it time to upgrade?

No, are you daft?

Actually, I'm also thinking of getting a getting a smaller form factor case for this thing. What would be a good lga 1150 mATX motherboard?

How the fuck is your pc even functioning with that obsolete shit? Of course it's time to upgrade retard

no but 4790k is best

is it time to upgrade?

I mean this badboy still has some kick to it

Have you delid it yet?

>he still doesnt use delid lake
wew lad

>3570k at 4.5 gigahertz

waiting for zen+

I wouldn't think about an upgrade for another year or so, if I were you. Unless a really good deal comes up, then maybe. But even then, a good deal might just be prices stabilizing amidst the new octacore market.

Nah, this will do me for a long while yet. I don't do much gaming anymore. Just older titles (1999-2004 era). Only demanding task I do on it is occasional video encoding work. All storage/media streaming/etc stuff is handled by a server.

>I mean this badboy still has some kick to it
What kind of kick are we talking?

Is it Sup Forums?

My server

Um yes, you should've upgraded back in 2012.

>Are you actually running into performance problems?
If no, then don't.

>Are your performance problems actually CPU related or can they be fixed more efficiently with better storage/RAM/graphics/etc.?
If no, then don't.

>Is there something on the market that represents a significant performance boost for your workload?
If no, then don't.

Otherwise go ahead.

yep.

Did you just actually give sound advice? I don't even

>windows

get off my Sup Forums

You should still be good for now but if you upgrade it would either have to be a Intel HEDT system or maybe an AMD Zen setup for a significant performance boost.

AMD is cheaper and generally better for media creation (encoding etc), but slightly inferior to Intel for gaymin in relation to FPS (muh game developers adjust muh games for muh Jewtel PC better, etc).

Intel are still Jewing out with thin PCB which breaks with too heavy a CPU cooler (incompatible) and poor TIMs below the IHS (significant performance boost and stability with de-lidding) for their normal quad core consumer i5 and i7 CPUs (not sure about the HEDT) which aren't worth touching in my opinion.

These are not the case for AMD who made their new CPUs the way they should be made and competes with both Intel's consumer and HEDT ranges.

When you do upgrade you should get ready to at least invest for decent DDR4 RAM and then a CPU and mobo of your choice.
CPU is usually the easy part and motherboard would be the specific preference, etc.

AMD would appear to have it in the bag at this point but I am of the opinion it is too early to call as AMD are currently doing software fixes to resolve performance issues with their new CPU and chipset releases (from what I am aware of so far); and I haven't been the best reviews for the new release too (although many easy consumer reviews have given it 4.5/5 which I can't trust too much and seem to use the top two CPUs with an Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO Motherboard all the time).

For AMD X370 chipset I still want to know the significant difference between Gigabyte's Gaming 5 and Gaming K7 motherboards besides the cosmetics and price (which looks like the only differences, specs seem to be almost identical).

Personally I feel no need to upgrade with my i7-4970K build with 32GB 2133MHz RAM just yet.

Thanks for the advice. Any words of wisdom for switching to a mATX motherboard like was asked in this post?

I wished I could give good advice for mATX, but motherboards are always very specific and if you are pursuing a small PC unit build the CPU cooler can easily be specific to the PC case being used and in the case of Intel also very specific for how thin the PCB is too (Skylake and onwards I think).

Would do research for the mATX motherboards as they can be a nightmare in comparison to a normal ATX, especially Gigabyte's mATX mobos where if the board is too value tier they can restrict the frequency speed for RAM and other crap but this might be a thing of the past.

mATX normally have less connectivity due to compact size (obvious) but the modern ones I did a quick check of seem to have the full performance support that a normal ATX would have for RAM and PCIe lane speed.

Can't recommend a particular good 1150 mATX as they are phased out or put simply you can't buy a new one.

Would recommend using your i7-4770K with a Z97 chipset one though and it is possible Asus might be better than Gigabyte out of the two (not 100% sure on this).

From the look of things you would likely have to look through a lot of old reviews for Z97 mATX mobos and for the amount of time spent I would recommend keeping with you build and maybe upgrading a little later.

No. That i7-4770k still beats the latest i5's at everything. The latest i7's are barely faster.

You'd just be wasting a whole lot of money on a new generation of hardware for at best a minor performance gain. I'd just keep that one for a few more years, probably more.

Yes. It was time years ago, still is.

No. I had 4570k and switched to 6600k only because it had vt-d ("it's unstable on these overclockabled but the new ones are ok" thanks intel). Had to buy a new mobo for no increase in perf because my old cpu was ocing to the same freq as the new one. I know it's not a good comparasion but still not worth new cpu, mobo & ram.

take your dollar store cpus and your shilling and fuck off

call me when amd can make a chip that can do more than 7zip or encode video

my extreme6 z97 and 4790k do everything i want them to but i kinda wish i had ddr4. im thinking of buying an x99 build and building the lowest end 2011-v3 build i can to see what the actual differences between dd3 and ddr4 are. see if i can notice them.

other wise yeah no reason for me to upgrade for awhile

>muh gaymes

fuck otta here shill