Best ways to hide a usb

Okay so seriously, this has got to be the best way

>Get shovel or other tool with a long handle
>Make sure the top has a rubber cap
>Cut hole
>Put a small spring in hole to hold it tightly against the cap.

How do you hide your data anons

>he doesn't hide all his USB sticks in his rectum

I keep a 2TB external drive in my ass at all times.

>inb4: Pulp Fi....
fuck

I keep my usb taped to the top of my ceiling fan blade, I've been raided multiple times, they never looked up there, I keep the fan going.

Encrypted partition with a strong password
Throwing unencrypted files on a USB and throwing it in some magic corner is stupid

I was a software engineer at a hardware company that made cd/dvd drives for laptops and desktops.

I copied the firmware for the dvd drives after I left and added a function in where if I did a certain code after pressing the disc tray open button immediately after turning on the computer, it would burn data onto the disc.

Not sharing the code, just saying it's possible and pretty damn easy.

>needing a computer
>not just remembering all the information you need

Posted from my mind phone

Damn, i am really behind with technology.

It's time for an upgrade

Oh shit! Were you at DEFCON 23?

>I've been raided multiple times

This didn't happen.

You can detect the use of a USB thumb drive through digital forensics. They may not know where you're keeping the thumb drive, but they know you're using one.

>This didn't happen.
It did, multiple times.
>Rest of shit you said
Non sequitur

>He keeps logs

Yeh, SpaceX party?

Sheeeeeiit. We talked about this!

You were trying to do the same thing with flash drives. Did it work out?

>where if I did a certain code after pressing the disc tray open button immediately after turning on the computer, it would burn data onto the disc.
Explain a use case for this?

It's so fucking random that I can't even imagine what that would be useful for.

>It did, multiple times.

Then you must not be talking about the FBI party van type of raid. So what did you actually mean by "raided"?

IF i understand correctly

Store data on disc drive
write data on disc
access data.

Disk encryption keys are 512 bits in XTS mode

Burning a disk allows me to keep an ephemeral flash drive to use as a key when I need to access a certain computer (in this case not very often.)

It was great because I had a fully random key from /dev/urandom that definitely couldn't be cracked and I could store it securely in the firmware. Digital forensics ain't gonna find it.

Nope.

Forgot to mention that the burned disc could contain any other data, it would just start after 512 bits of data.

All right, so you have a flash drive plugged in that acts as a key, right? so you press the magic button sequence and then you dump that same key onto a DVD disc? is that DVD disc recoverable?

micro sd cards and a usb adapter

Okay first off like whats your individual purpose for hiding? Offensive or defensive? For offensive just start wearing a hat everyday and keep a button on it. (Like an i

Yeah, it's recoverable, but it's destructible physical media. Throw it in a shredder, dumpster, whatever, and it's gone.

I was working on getting it setup so that I could create something like a pin that would encrypt the disc.

this guy nailed it.

You would be able to feel that shaking around. It needs to be taped or held securely by something.

Also weight would be way off. Horrible idea.

I have the eurocent version and the weight difference is pretty hard to notice.
Regarding the shaking around,I just put some paper in with the card to hold it still.

Install gentoo on your mind faggot

>bare neuron

My school wanted me to hand over my USB to them because some fuck narc'd on me and said I had inappropriate pictures on my USB (hentai...as if that's inappropriate). They asked for me to hand it over and I said I would after I got the schoolwork I needed off it. That night I destroyed the fucker, and gave the remains to them the next day

not just full formatting it...

>hentai
Kill yourself permavirgin weeb.

dogs can sniff and find flash drives, look it up.

I would hide my data on a Micro SD card and tape it inside of an SSD. As mentioned, dogs can sniff out electonic storage. Disassemble an SSD, use a little electrical tape to secure the flash drive, and put it back together. The dog won't be able to tell the difference, and I doubt whoever is investigating will take apart the SSD if it's not encrypted.

>believing lies created for a parallel construction

It's encrypted so I'm not all that worried.

I put them all in a plastic bag inside my vagina(penis)

I do both

>doesnt have a entire boxful of microSD
>doesnt spread the data throughout all of them

>Not keeping your sensitive data encrypted, compressed and hidden in cassettes disguised as really bad albums among your music collection that no one would ever want to play in the first place

>How do you hide your data anons

Encrypt
Upload torrent labeled "Top Secret UFO data - in the event of my death, the key will be released DEADMAN SWITCH."
Post to /x/.

Watch as dozens of people mirror my data for me, for free.

Put key on server thousands of miles away, location only known in my head.

Delete local copy.

oh good, a use for my kanye west collection

ebin

I bet that faggot uses a password manager too!

I do too. Only way to be sure

I'm sure it's milled that way to allow for maximum storage. If you want to store something else in there, you can. Then custom cut your own foam spacer, or whatever material that can make up the weight difference.

>Not just using cassette tapes as storage devices instead

Well yeah, that's exactly what i meant

Oh, well, okay then

>buy a 3g/4g usb modem
>plug in holding shift key
>now you have access to the storage of the modem

You know, if they're investigating you to the point where they're shaking pennies to see if they're hollow... you're already fucked.

Generally interested. What kind of things do you guys store that needs such careful looking after? How sensitive can your data really be?

>year 2017
>he doesn't hide his rare pepes

Where did all the good old /fucko/ threads go? I really miss them they were hilarious.

Tape it on your dick

Do they even need that these days?

This. I care about privacy as much as anyone on this thread, but some of the methods going on seem a tad extreme.

Oh, you know, the standard. Manifestos, blueprints bought on the black market, timetables and RSA keys.

>implying your butt isn't the first place they'll search

>and gave the remains to them the next day
Because nothing says innocent more than showing destroyed evidence.

This is all it would have taken, moran.

Yeah. It's I believe technically illegal to use NSA to collect evidence for normal criminal investigations.

Just secure your stash flash drive to the bumper of your local FBI surveillance van so if they ever find it then it's kinda on them... Know what I mean? Plus they rotate those so you can put an even more updated stash on the second and third surveillance vehicle so eventually you'll be back to that first one for those retro feels.