Debian vs Ubuntu

Hello Sup Forums users. I was thinking about installing a linux distro on my laptop since windows is going full botnet. The ad shit is the last i'll take. So which distro is the most suitable for me? I just game, and do things, browse and shit. Thanks for your time.

David

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

every os ever dude. there is sweet fuck all difference between distros at its core.

they will look different, sure. but inside? they all run the same.

i myself prefer the look of debian, ubuntu is too shiny and plasticy

does it make a difference?

christ no youll be happy on puppy linux or knoppix or an old version of #!

all same shit mang. find one you like the look of and use it

i think elementary is pretty

>i just game

then stick with windows, because what's going to happen is you will install ubuntu and then come back here in a few days to bitch about how linux sucks for muh gayms

Ubuntu is debian for babies. Debian is ubuntu for lesbians.

i think you are right

I know i should stick with windows but meh. I'm just angry at it. I just need a fast sistem. I can even learn and study thing about os but it needs to be not complicated. I don't want a ms-dos like os

Go fuck around with any distro, realize your favorite whatever doesn't run on it without running hacky wine shit, reinstall Windows and actually pay attention during the install.

Stop being a stupid shit and learn to use Windows. Run SpybotAntiBeacon and OOshutup10 at least and fuck off.

A power user of Windows is 900% more secure that an idiot on booboontoo.

This. There is literally no reason to see those "ads". Those stupid shit that whine about it all day never run antibeacon or any similar solution.

/thread

>b-but I shouldn't have to! My OS should behave exactly as I want it to OOB!
Waiting for it

>ctrl f
>arch
>no results found

Ubuntu (anything but Unity) because Debian looks like a crusty old faggot OS from the 90s. Yes, I've tried Debian Testing, and yes it still looks like it's from the 90s.

Also Ubuntu's repos have more software. Debian has like two useful programs in their repos max.

>retards still thinking that distros "look" some way or another

Distros have literally nothing to do with how your desktop looks you huge imbecile. You should educate yourself before spouting ignorant opinions and advice.

Modern distros come with a few polished themes, Debian doesn't and it looks like shit, and it's a pain in the ass to get it to look decent since no themes are included in the repos. Looks like you're the imbecile.

this is a pedo free zone

use manjaro faggot. It's like arch for people who aren't masochists.

Stick with win 8.1 + classic shell until it loses support.

If just want it to werk, go with a ubuntu distro. I would recommend Kubuntu.

Personally, I am a debian user with i3 on all work PCs and Win10 on my gaming PC. Boots straight to Steam BigPic

Still waiting for Linux to take over the universe.

Could duel boot, I put an extra HDD in my craptop explicitly for this purpouse. Deb for browsing, win for gaymen

>i myself prefer the look of debian, ubuntu is too shiny and plasticy
It's not like you can rice them or anything

KDE Neon is what Kubuntu should have been.

If you're new to Linux, then start with a distro that's not aimed for experienced users; eg. Debian or Arch. The repositories in Ubuntu have more packages so it's easier to install new stuff. Plus there are a tonne of forums for Ubuntu out there so googling stuff for Ubuntu will yield you some good results.

If you're that new on Linux, you can also consider Linux Mint. Based on Ubuntu with an interface hinting a good resemblance to Windows (XP).

Install Ubuntu Mate and dual boot with Windows.

Mint or Debian with Cinnamon or KDE plasma something as DE. Looks decent, not as edgy as unity/gnome/awesome/whatever, is intuitive enough to not have to Google how to minimize a window. Apt is easy to learn/use (ahem pacman) and reasonably fast (ahem portage). Just keep away from the god awful CLI package search (apt-cache something).

distrowatch.com/

Have a look there between different distros. Plenty of screenshots.

>systemd or systemd

literally the same shit. Install gentoo

I would just go with Ubuntu then. Debian requires some extra steps with the command line to get it to testing. I personally like Debian a lot more, but if you are not used to Linux Ubuntu will be much more forgiving.

honestly, desktop linux sucks dick in 201x

Why would you waste time doing that?

>Expecting Arch
>When OP asks if Debian or Ubuntu is better for babby's first linux
You're absolutely retarded. Fuck off with your challenge OS and never come back.

for the same reason you'd waste time shitposting about it on some anime imageboard