What's your favorite pre-2008 (released) or so smartphone, Sup Forums...

What's your favorite pre-2008 (released) or so smartphone, Sup Forums. I picked 2008 as the point 'cause that is when the iPhone 3G came out and the big change to iOS and Android really started to be on its way (in my opinion), you can pick some other point if you so wish.

Mine must be this, it might even be the supreme favorite of all time.

Does a N900 still count?

Kinda pushing it but whatever. It does easily count as part of a different "continuum" than Android/iOS/WP.

Totally.

I still have mine, I managed to run Wine on it, kek.

is it worth the money today

For a fun thing to mess around with? Sure, it's like 50 bucks used anyways.

Samsung Alias 2 was my dream phone growing up

The Tmobile Sidekick was a beast.

yea I was thinking of picking one up to just mess around with linux and coding occasionally

its a cheap device and has a decent thumb-keyboard and so on, yeah sure if you have an use in mind (either playing around or something specific like SSH)

its biggest drawbacks (if used as a main smartphone): lack of support in services/"apps", really pretty bad camera

also the microusb sometimes breaks and the battery life was never great so be prepared to acquire another battery unless the seller promises that it is practically like new

Nokia N95. So much software for that time.

This little fucker

Phone keyboard should be portrait so as to enable one-handed operation in a pinch.

When you close the lid of that one, the Nokia E90, it looks like this.

This is why the Nokia communicators were so great: you had both a "mini-computer" and a regular "just a phone" (albeit a bit of a bulky one)

There's only one choice.

The N82 of course

Are you kidding? That buggy pile of shit is what killed Nokia as a serious player, worst phone I ever owned.

My favorite

There are two fatal flaws with N95. No fast dormancy support, no push services.

If those two where available all the modern apps/services we have now could have been possible back in N95 era.

E80

My mom wouldn't let me have a smartphone until 2013.

xperia x1
it had shitty microsoft mobile 6.1 but whatever
had all bunch of stuff that was sick at the time

super high dpi screen - touchscreen resistive with cool touch pen
arc slider backlit keyboard
optical trackpad
4 way buttons around the trackpad
gps, radio, could be used as wifi hotspot

3 mpx camera - touch autofocus, led flash
front video call camera
256 mb ram

even without rom cooking all kind of shit was possible. it was simmilar to the htc tytn 2 so it was easy to run the htc interface. it would run early andoid os, could emulate windows 3.1 or some shit, there where good apps to emulate iphone interface - slide to unlock and music player.

and it had the panels
after xperia x2 came out, the new x2 panel manager was ported to x1 and it was way better.

I forgot to say - this thing could also run ubuntu somehow but I never messed around with that

LG Breeze. Loved that keyboard