why is all of Mozilla's software dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxatemyram.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They didn't install gentoo

They're really bad at forcing people to use their product

Google stopped paying them

sjw

Why the fuck is performance so shit on said browser? My cpu temps sky rocket when watching a bluray video on plex. Chrome has really minimal effect when watching the same video.

Because google created something really actually pretty special with the V8 Javascript engine. And you know what web designers do when someone creates something special, oh yeah you do: use it as an excuse to create the most unoptimized and retarded code imaginable in a library that was never meant to do anything remotely as sophisticated as what they are using it for.

Why is every browser so shit? Why does every browser use 500-1000mb ram for more than one page? Why does it take the same amount of memory to show static text and squares as it takes to store a 2 hour movie?

Makes me consider not using the internet ever again on a daily basis

because its shit

For the last time, RAM is meant to be used. Browser are using that much RAM because you have that much RAM, so they are caching everything imaginable because it costs virtually nothing to relinquish the cache.
linuxatemyram.com/

Some of it is bloat in the browsers, but a lot is web developers working hugely inefficient because hurrdurr everyone has an i7 with 32gb RAM.

You do realize if Chrome ate less RAM Linux could eat more for cache? Also in my experience they rather cause swapping than clear their caches.

I think if they level up their developer tools I'd use it more.

Even things like stack traces in the javascript console look worse

>Also in my experience they rather cause swapping than clear their caches.
Which I guess is an issue if you have one of those early SSDs that wear in a couple of years, but is largely invisible otherwise and only DECREASES the time needed to re-load cached resources that has timed out (since accessing them from the swap is easier than accessing them from the internet or re-rendering them all over again).

Lack of advertising budget.

Non-profit

Yeah great to have 300mb of Facebook photos in my cache rather than OS files. Oh and btw I set caching to 0mb and it still bloats like this

Would you please refrain from posting anime pictures here? This is a pepe website. Thanks.

Kind of sucks that they stopped really developing Thunderbird like a decade ago, because Outlook is fucking shit.

Why not just use web mail

>Outlook is fucking shit.
not true, but sadly there aint no outlook for cuck/linux

THEY DID FALL FOR THE 16GiB MEME

>not true
>

Setting rules for instance, fucking sucks on Outlook, has been decent on Thunderbird for over a decade.

>open Mozilla front page
>niggers EVERYWHERE
Time to drop this cuck browser methinks.

>mfw i ported firefox os for my phone as a side project
>mfw cant publish it as i dont wanna be labeled as sjw

mfw i did the same but i publish to get mad pussy

>mad pussy
You probably don't want that kind of mad...

they are maybe better in bed, no? you need to try things. maybe they aren't that mad after sex anymore.

Social Justice killed it

Nah, crazy activist types often say they want to do things that they're not comfortable with, so end up sucking at it really badly. They also see sexual encounters through their activist oppressor/oppression mindset, which is a bit of a killjoy.

Raver and folk music festival grills are better, and they have a much more positive perspective on sex.

They pay sjws more than programmers

because they didnt capatlize on thier popularity when it was peaking.

why/how they missed that i dont know, but they had a huge opertunity to become something other than a "browser" company. The phone was a flop, and i think that could have been seen coming, or maybe my hindsight is 20/20 but not even google can keep phones going like samshoit and apple, you really need a company with history for that.

I guess IMO they should/should have really gotten into consumer software. Like apps for your phone or car or whatever that make life easier. They had the platform and public image(years ago)

I REALLY like Fira font though

why the fuck would they need to keep developing thunderbird? its a fucking rss /email reader that shit did not develop in the last 40 years.

just use FossaMail. it just werks

someone must be paying all these people for some weird reason, or there's one reqlly mentally ill person posting these threads. there's no way anyone cares about a browser so much.

>goes to Facebook
>complains about Facebook being cached

>Replace your useful staff for diversity quotas
>Suddenly your product goes from one of the best choices to a steaming pile of crap
Truly a mystery, we might never know

Firefox was turning into shit long before the SJWs took over. It's an insecure pile of shit and if you use it, you deserve your remotely installed CIA backdoor.

what browser would you recommend then?

marxism

>half the posts complaining about Firefox are about m-muh SJW
>other half just uses vague, meaningless terms instead of explaining why it's bad

kek

They were bought out by Google. No one knows this because it was a low key deal that didn't get any press coverage.

Most of neo-g is just tards from Sup Forums and Sup Forums who have no real opinions about anything. They just agree with whatever the popular meme is.

The web itself is bloated, not the browsers

what happened to firefox is simple.
They were to slow to catch up to chrome in speed
I remember when I moved to chrome it was just as a multimedia browser as anything video sucked in firefox.
Then I got a bit more ram, and stopped using firefox as every necessary extension was working on chrome as good or better
Then firefox seeing the uptick in chrome, decided lets make out browser chrome... and there you go, you tossed the bit about your browser that was worth useing away, and took on all of chrome's downfalls without eliminating your own.

Then the icing on the cake, after all this shit happened, they decided to go sjw.