Are Gunnars a meme?

Are Gunnars a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/srep39479
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19675580
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well they are cheaper versions of this product, but Gunnars are solid. Lots of esports players use them, and if they are worn all the time they have to work. Also since they are prescription based, the cost might seem a little more reasonable.

They're basically flux installed on your glasses. If you can get flux on your computer or if your monitor/TV has a colour warming option then there's not much point buying gunnars.

Retards that wear them during the day are going to seriously fuck their health over so hard.

But using them at night is totally fine.
Some stuff doesn't have the ability to be redshifted, and some monitors and TVs have shitty contrast so lots of blue light can still bleed through the screen, significant enough to have an effect in the eyes.
If the screen is noticeably bright even in a lit room when fully black and on, it is bad, if it is noticeable with room lights off, still bad.

Garbage meme for idiots that destroys your eyes.

DELET

I am color blind and these allowed me to see color for the first time.

What aside from taking regular breaks can save my eyesight from extensive work on pc? I was thinking about some eye drops.

>meme
Yes kiddo
What serious esports player uses these that isn't sponsored by them?
Turn the brightness down. Hope that one day medicine can fix your inferior genes.

Yes, I bought some used and I still can go to bed early and my eyes hurt like shit all the tieme

Does flux actually eliminate light from the blue part of the spectrum or is it just placebo?

>Lots of esports players use them, and if they are worn all the time they have to work.
>implying half the stuff esports players do isn't placebo

yes they work, i aim better and get first place all the time now

>what is f.lux
>what is redshift

can someone give me a quick rundown? do you guys actually use flux and things like that?

yes but depending on how shitty your monitor is it might still be very blue

They don't destroy your eyes, but neither do they do anything worthwhile.

I have a feeling that gaemers think they'll drop frames if they run a background process like flux.

lol i looked up f.lux and it's just that historically people have used candles and incandescent lights indoors when it's dark outside, so they're just matching your pc monitor to your indoor lighting, any claim that it's healthier or something needs rigorous scientific studies to back it up

lol

I got a pair from work for free.
They're fairly high quality, but as to answer whether they do any good:

No.
The coating is shit and F.lux is better. Literally the only nice thing about them is they have a very, very small amount of magnification.

meme

Also you can do it trough software.

how do they fuck you in the daytime?

I wear prescription glasses, and I got myself 50% yellow tinted ones which are basically Gunnars. They are nice, and I started wearing them daily for over a year, just switched back to regular glasses a few months ago.

It's called your eyes are literally fucking tuned to skyblue.
Eliminating it from a large percentage of your day is fucking stupid and it will slowly wreck your eyes and your brain in general.

Likewise your skin is tuned to blue-light exposure.
It regulates your immune system in some ways.
Lack of it increases your risk to a bunch of cancers that are very common in the hemispheres.

Here, let me ask you a simple question:
When you were wearing your yellow-tinted glasses for that year, did you feel "more relaxed" during the day?

>it will slowly wreck your eyes and your brain in general
[citation needed]

>slowly wreck your eyes and your brain in general
>your skin is tuned
>cancers that are very common in the hemispheres
>

I use flux and now recently redshifts cause muh freedom. Flux is better is you don't care about closed source

>wearing yellow tinted glasses is good for you
[citation needed]

>doesn't read actual medical journals
>probably only reads phys.org

Enjoy your premature deaths, then.
You're going against what evolution had tuned you towards, 4 billion years of it.

Even sitting for more than an hour is a bad thing. But so too is standing, or ANY stance for that period, 2 hours is pushing it, 3 hours or more daily is chronic illness by your mid 30s.
Actively avoiding blue light during the day, which is a neurotransmitter trigger? Fucking retards.

>wearing tinted glasses will cause premature death

Neat.

Not saving sources for future reference.

>Fucking retards.

It will also cause horrific health long before that.
The threshold for chronic health issues has dramatically dropped to mid-30s compared to 60s of only just a few decades ago.
And it is still dropping.
Fucking, the current generation of children, holy shit those poor fuckers will have a horrible future.
The amount of cheapshit junk food from American companies around the world has exploded. Any country they enter, disease follows.

Here you go, friend.
Two of them.

nature.com/articles/srep39479
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19675580

Your skin is white so that it can more effectively produve vitamin C by using the energy in sunlight. The transition from black skin to white was necessary for the humans that moved north where there was less sunlight.

You can see how 'tuned' your skin is from it's color. A lifeform adapting to it's surroundings is nothing new.

So if seeing blue light makes a human more awake due to biological association with the daytime, making time spent in front of a blue tinted monitor equivalent for time spent out in the daytime, that makes wearing yellow tinted glasses for a year equivalent for staying inside in a candle lit cave for a year, regarding the hormonal functions of the brain.

user is absolutely right in saying that light has it's effects and that it's not smart to throw the natural balance off, he's just not communicating that very clearly.

>The human body can produce vitamin C
get a load of this retard

>his body can't produce Vitamin C
Get good, scrub.
My body can produce Vitamin Z.

>The threshold for chronic health issues has dramatically dropped to mid-30s compared to 60s of only just a few decades ago.
>And it is still dropping.
and it's all because people are wearing yellow tinted glasses

It is one of the reasons.
Also being over-worked because the job market is literally fucking worthless in most western nations. (especially America)
Then going home to eat shitty food and sit exposed to significant amounts of blue-light when the only significant amount of blue light at night through our entire evolution was moonlight, which is well below the threshold to trigger the ganglion cells in the eyes.

Hipsters that buy gunnars and wear them during the day likely caused their fucking eye failure by using their iPhone at night. The irony.

All of it is wrecking the health of people.

Health is overrated.

>pretends to be able to read and comprehend scholarly articles
>states that your body synthesizes vitamin C
>despite the fact human beings are one of the few creatures that cannot synthesize vitamin C. this is puzzling because it is essential to the krebs cycle, itself a requisite for multicellular life

commit suicide

That guy's attractive and only looks awkward. You're going to look like a fat retard. Save yourself the additional embarrassment

Optometrist here, disregard this dumbass. Any sort of film, if its anti glare, UV, BLUUV, or yellow tint. Actually helps your eyes, and can lower your astigatism, reduce chances of future cataract surgery, and any other surgical eye procedures in the future, that can range from cataracts, keratoconus and helps reduce the chances of macular degeneration. Now it wont stop it, but itll help reduce the chances. Father time waits for no one.

The real problem with working on a PC that involves your eyes is you're focusing on something that is at a constant distance from your eyes. Every 15 minutes or so just focus on something farther away, then something closer, and back and forth a couple times. You can learn to change your focus distance without looking at something once you learn what it feels like. It only takes a couple seconds.