E-mail Services

Is this the best choice besides self-hosting?

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
dnaindia.com/scitech/report-google-reels-under-ddos-attack-2040211
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the best choice period

Hey did you know that Protonmail routes all their traffic through Mossad servers?

Free accounts use the @protonmail.com domain, right? It's tempting to use Plus (€48/y) to get your own domain and multiple addresses for online stores/forums/etc.

Tutanota also has a plus package for €12/y, 5 aliases and a custom domain.

Personally I just use a botnet provider, but my business I use rackspace and it's been pretty comfy. $2/month per user and it's always worked fine for me and my 2 employees.

Not really paranoid about anyone reading my emails though. I use PGP whenever I send something sensitive as well.

Self-Hosted Protonmail > Protonmail > Self hosted > Cock.li > Everything else

Yes I would like to do this or start mail. Does it have IMAP or pop yet?

>protonkike
>ever
wew

Let me put it this way.

I considered self-hosting before realizing it'd cost me about the same as ProtonMail (because residential IPs are automatically blocked by some email providers you'll need a VPS, regardless if you have DMARC and the works going), so I went with ProtonMail since you could get DMARC (which entails SPF and DKIM) with your own domain name.

It's perfect, really.

Nah, but they have their own app and shit so it doesn't matter much. I believe they have plans for it though.

I suggest using the dot ch domain instead of the dot com domain.

You're deluded. Nothing to see here.

That kinda sucks. Although the web interface is very nice and the android app is pretty good.

Yep, it didn't take minutes until the kikeshills and JIDF show already

That's a nice kafkatrap you have there. Would be a shame if someone were to call you out on it.

you don't need a phone number for protonmail right?

Who knows? Really hard thing to figure out.

Try it for yourself. If you create too many accounts, they'll ask for an email or phone number. The email option will always be available, so create fakes ones. For the phone, quickly create a fake account at TextNow (requires no email verification). Usually the CAPTCHA will be available. It will also refresh itself even if you were presented without it after multiple account creation.

It's not hard to figure out if you read the Terms & Conditions.

You know they are literally routing your trafic trought Israel, right?

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/

Oh cool if they say not to worry i wont.

Im gonna be a good goy and 100% belive everything i read on their website.

If they had used Cloudflare, a bunch of people who use their services would have been compromised by now.

>ProtonMail is one of the only email providers which provides comprehensive DDoS protection.

nice lie, never seen Gmail get DDOSd

why? its the same shit

>while actually using gmail like everybody else

also: tfw someone mentions cock.li unironically. Ridiculous, apply yourself.

how is tutanota?

>based in Germany
it's shit

dot com domain could theoretical be seized as it's owned by the U.S..

The primary risk is domain name seizure which can occur if the US government bypasses the Swiss court system and directly seizes protonmail.com by serving a court order directly to VeriSign. In this case, ProtonMail could lose control of protonmail.com and the US could gain access to emails sent to protonmail.com after the seizure through directing all email sent to protonmail.com to a different server.

This risk exists for any .com domain. At this time, we gauge this risk to be quite low because ProtonMail is operating in compliance with international laws and regulations which protect the right to encrypt data. Encryption is legal, even in the US and there can be no just cause for seizing our .com domain name.

Anyone use Fastmail? Looks bretty gud

>no catch-all support
all the other things they're missing I can forgive, but this makes it still not worth paying for

Switched over to it a couple years ago, well worth it. Finally got a protonmail invite but the @protonmail.com address is kinda gay and Fastmail let's me use a bunch of aliases so I'll just stick with the aussies

>wanting deprecated features

Cheers m8.

Tutanota is new best way nowadays

No, easiest maybe, but not the best.
I self-host my email, and pretty much everyone accepts my mail as not spam.
You just to read up on the email verification technologies and implement them on your server. Self-hosting is the best option for total privacy.

I remember when protonmail first came out, they were down for days because of a DDoS attack. I guess the Jews DDoSed them in order to make protonmail buy their service. Oy vey

Gotta love the Germans. And well outside U.S. jurisdiction, so surely that won't bow down to any court orders to fork over any of their users' information...at least...I hope not.

How do the aliases work?

Tbh, still better than the protonkike.

kill yourself you fucking moron. Germany is basically NSA/CIA 2.0

If you have a residential IP you'll get blocked by certain providers regardless how impeccable your implementation.

Some providers are just racist, and you can't get past that unless you get a VPS or something. And by that point you might as well just buy a decent email plan from ProtonMail or something.

I'll drink to that.

Why's that?

>germany
>outside of US jurisdiction
y-yeah.. your data is totally safe

Better than Mossad

Only thing that scares me about Proton or Tuta is that if they go out of business or close down I would lose whatever accounts I had with those emails.

With ProtonMail all the authorities would get is garbled data.

Keep telling yourself that.

Keep telling yourself the opposite I guess. Whatever sustains your self-destructive delusions.

I will need a source on that, user.

>The primary risk is domain name seizure which can occur if the US government bypasses the Swiss court system and directly seizes protonmail.com by serving a court order directly to VeriSign. In this case, ProtonMail could lose control of protonmail.com and the US could gain access to emails sent to protonmail.com after the seizure through directing all email sent to protonmail.com to a different server.

fuck yes this sort of transparency makes me so giddy

im scared they'll change just like any other company that starts off fighting for the user :((((((((

I have literally never had that problem. I test my mail on a lot of providers.
Some ISPs block outbound 25 and 587 but if they don't I don't see that as being an issue unless your IP or IP range is being abused by someone else in which case you just need to check abuse reports from your IP

>germcucks not bowing down to foreign (especially US) orders
It's not the 40s anymore sadly

dnaindia.com/scitech/report-google-reels-under-ddos-attack-2040211

It won't take long until we'll witness a wikileaks about protonkike and how they anal-fucked all the users info.

Morons like you who were laughing about botnet meme in Sup Forums, until they find even the tech-illiterate like CIA spy on you.

Someone screenshot this: next big news will be how protonkike users being fucked and milked all their money and data.
And you moron will come here and ask this on Sup Forums : "since protonmail is kill now, what Sup Forums recommend"

web only so it's shit

Have you done tests on mxtoolbox?

You're aware protonmail is setup such that they themselves have no access to emails, right? All they can do is hand over encrypted data. They literally can't do anything else.

I second this tool
I work at an ISP that has hosted email for its customers since ~1994, and MXToolBox has become an indispensable tool in the frustrating battlefield of email deliverability.

Ever heard of SORBS blacklist? You're on it. Unless you have a static IP.

Thats one you know so far. A false sense of security.
A leaked private key, DNS, CDN leak ,DDOS so they internally/extrasnally route traffic, MITM, etc.

You obviously don't even know how those things work, so get back to your containment board.

Nice argument right there.
Golden rule, kiddo:
The moment you trust the jews, you lose.

Yes. All of them pass except rDNS lookup as I can't get a PTR record yet, and DMARC, since I haven't set that up.
It hasn't caused me any problems yet.
No, my domain is not on it.

>No, my domain is not on it.
>my domain
Nigga what?

The rDNS lookup is easy to fix. Just put "hostname = [your ptr]" in postfix's main.cf.

>implying hating jews is Sup Forums thing
Even, we're all Sup Forums FYI

*Even jews are Sup Forums FYI
ftfy

I own a domain.
My IP is dynamic but it hasn't changed since I got it.
>easy to fix
Well thanks. I'll probably do that.

You moron. The ptr of your IP. It doesn't matter that it isn't the same as your domain name. Try it, go on.

This, also drawn lolicon is banned in Cuckmany

Just use PGP with protonmail, even if they did somehow manage to see unencrypted data from the Swiss. Jews won't be breaking 4096 bit RSA anytime soon

Well I wasn't sure about that. It works, so thanks.
The best you can do is sign your mail, normies aren't going to start using PGP for encryption any time soon.

What could you possibly be saying to normies that's worth using protonmail or encrypting?

>59372191
Nothing really, but I don't like Big Brother reading my emails. It's not rocket science.

Yeah I agree, but people who are actually my friends have no problem adopting PGP practices when are made aware of the NSA/CIA threat

>"Just because we're working with an Israel-based company does not mean we are taking sides in the Israel-Palestine conflict"
>Implying they aren't on Israel's side considering they're business partners with an Israeli company
How dumb do (((they))) think we are?

fuck off shill

what am i even shilling for?

the NSA so people stop using the one of the only secure email provider outside of self hosting.

>implying the NSA doesn't work for israel

I hate the jews as much as the next man but even that's too far for me. I have no doubt they share information and common interests but in no way shape or form does the NSA work for Israel

Dot com is the only one? Is there a list? Dot net? Dot org?

you can have .com or .ch
those are your two choices.

What software do you run when you host your mail server? That encrypts everything on the fly and all that fancy jazz

I think the question was if there are any other domains owned by the US.

see Yes. I already use Protonmail since I've gone through a debloat/botnet/ungoogled process.

>no imap/pop support

even protonmail will get imap support

I use mailbox.org
encrypts all my emails with my own pgp key

I never email protonamil users anyway..
and if I want to email someone privately then i'll use gpg

What's wrong with cock.li?

Good thing I am a good Shabbos Goy.

fpbp
/thread

Good thing you bumped the almost dead thread so everyone can know that the thread is over

Bruh it wasn't even that far down, maybe half way or so. PM is awesome.

Serious question: why do people in this thread value privacy more than security?
Other than advertising being annoying, who the fuck actually sends/receives sensitive information by e-mail?

I do.

Even presidential candidates do.

PM is truly the coziest of email providers.

MXroute

>Stay cozy Pepe

They would tell you long before they close down.