>using any resolution other than 4k

>being legally blind

1366x768 at 32in is really good for doing pixel art

>being retarded

because not everyone is autistic

Dell Inspiron 640m (2006) - 1400x900

Dell Latitude 6320 (2010) - 1366x768, with worse brightness and viewing angle

Why is this allowed?

I seriously don't understand. A shitty chink tablet has a 1080p IPS display, but a 600USD laptop doesn't.

My $150 chink phone has a 1080p screen.

>screen resolution determines its price
fucking retard

It's the sweetspot on laptops imo

1400x900 is literally perfect.

>Actually enjoys getting cucked in the ASS by OEMs

And you call others retarded

>"sweetspot"
>it's literally there lowest resolution available

Because the lati 6000 series was cheap shit meant to be bought in dozens and handed out to people who needed laptops at businesses, not to be good systems

What if CIA niggers made their hacking tools designed around this resolution and its why chinks working for CIA only make mainstream devices in this resolution

best resolution for laptops

better than 1080p screens where some things look sharp and others blurry as fuck

>best resolution for laptops
>best
You literally cannot get a worse resolution.

Fucking retarded blind shill, go get some prescription glasses, it looks like vomit.

What in the fuck

Probably a shitty ass screen

Bajeet

I used to use 1080p until staring at small fonts all day ruined my vision. You'll be next.

>resolution = font size

It seems like what was ruined was your monkey intellect, retard.

i guess he's referring to scaling (which does actually suck on Windows) but you don't need scaling for 1080p with a 14" monitor, which is objectively the best laptop screen size

It's okay, honestly anything else too big will be small and scaling will make the resolution look like shit.

12.5 is better and 1366x768 is fine at that size

>1366x768 is fine at that size
I don't understand, is this what being legally blind feels like?

768p looks like absolute garbage if you're not blind
1080p is "acceptable" but you can still tell the text isn't sharp at all
4k looks very sharp

Is 1360x768 any better? That's what I use.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>1360x768 better than 1366x768
What do you think?

1360 is literally the OEM being so fucking cheap that they needed to optimize VRAM to fit in 1MB packages, fucking even further the aspect ratio.

Go away Shlomo. Noone wants your retarded super XD HD resolution.

?

x220?

why do you care so much? do low res screens make you fell unsafe because thats not what your computer has?

Is a HDTV that I use via HDMI on my gaming machine

Yep X220. It will finally be the greatest laptop of all time this year when libreboot is released for it.

normies don't see the difference, so, why spending more on a 1080p meme screen?

>768p looks like absolute garbage if you're not blind
>1080p is "acceptable" but you can still tell the text isn't sharp at all
>4k looks very sharp

I don't think you understand pixel density you fucking retard.

The iPhone 7 is literally 750p, lower than 768p which you claim looks like "garbage".

>a meme technology that no one uses seriously is a must have.

sure thing buddy. do you like 3d movies also? enjoying VR games?

I care because of blind retards, OEMs sell 768p pieces of garbage and you can't get a mid range 1080p+ laptop. If the average buyer wasn't legally blind, 1080p would come standard in even the cheapest laptop.

Fucking retarded pajeet can't you read we are talking about 12.5" laptops? Please KYS piece of shit.

>using scaling
>using scaling on a 1080p screen

fuck you

What the fuck is it with all these people defending 768p? It really is full of poorfags here trying to rationalize theire junk screens.

blind retards? i own a 4k tv, 1440p iMac, 1080p 21" tv and a x220. there is literally nothing wrong with 768. you're the one who is fucking blind. get some new glasses you dumb fucking weeb.

Yeah no. You are the one blind if you can't tell sharp from blurry as fuck.

>Stop liking something that i don't like

>Liking something OBJECTIVELY inferior

4k is OBJECTIVELY inferior to 12k. Stop using 4k

Normies are retarded and find 768p acceptable. Since normies buy it companies keep manufacturing and selling. That's how free market works, there is nothing to understand here.
>buttblasted samshill mad that he overpaid 4x for his phone
Chinkphones and chinktablets use the same displays as all other devices. Just like everyone else they don't actually produce their own screens.

I would if there were 12k laptops available, and I sure as fuck wouldn't be defending 4k over 12k on some chinese forum.

Oh look, it's a namefag with a dumb opinion.

I think it is a perfect resolution for a laptop. I have a laptop with 1366x768 and one with 1920x1080. the pixels per inch is higher on the 1920x1080 obviously, but it has some issues. not everything scales nicely to the higher dpi. you can set it to either not scale or scale, but scaling is blurry and honestly looks worse than at 1366x768.
if you don't scale, the it is still inconsistent in how it looks.

> when libreboot is released for it.
So, never?

I don't like it on the X220, but I can live with it.

My issue is TN. It really, really pisses me off when I have to keep readjusting the screen because it looks like ass.

1366x768 was terrible on my 11.6" netbook. The fact that people are defending this shit is just proof that you retards will argue about anything. The only argument for lower resolutions is that it enables better battery life, but 1080p is not going to kill your battery.

whats blurry though? show me these blurs.

>fucking 2017
>not using wqhd

Goddamn plebs!

Lower resolutions are actually beneficial on small displays because they eliminate the need for scaling. I've used a 1366x768 12" laptop for 4 years as my only computer and I was fine with it. Text was small and relatively sharp. I couldn't stand 1080p at that size. Nothing would be readable

>1366x768
>not 1366x1366
What are you? A pleb?

It's not even 16:9, retard.

This is literally what I've been trying to tell people for quite some time. At that size you're getting 120PPI with 768p. That's the acceptable maximum if you want to go without scaling. I have always considered 90PPI (24 inch 1080p) as my sweet spot though.

Scaling is fine on W10. I have a XPS15 with close to 4k resolution and most programs look perfectly fine. The resolution is extremely overkill but reading text and writing code is so much better on this screen than just about any other screen I've used.

Define sweetspot

>W10
so you're forced to use windows 10 if you choose a higher resolution. that's too much of a tradeoff. there is currently no Linux DE that can handle scaling well, and don't get me started on Windows 7

My MacBook pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Dumb nigger scaling works perfectly fine for the programs that matter (web browser, text editor, IDE, pdf reader, etc)

Why not just choose better fonts that aren't an unreadable mess in lower resolutions?

>Femanon
Obviously, your shitty _netbook_ only does that

dumb nigger some people want to use a decent OS, not your fucking winshit 10

This, it's true, but NEET neckbeards don't get it.

>get a 1080p laptop
>scale everything up to match the size of a 768p screen
>sheeeeeeiiiiit

Why we don't just go back to 720p? It's cheaper and the aspect ratio will not be fucked.

>A garbage screen is OK because my OS is even more garbage
KYS useless NEET retard

Also 1080p at 12" scales perfectly fine on Linux

>female
>slave
>windows shill
>attention whore
You must be dumber than the average Sup Forumstard

>the only useful feature my garbage OS has is scaling
kys nigger. see . get a job and get your priorities straight.
also see

my 15" laptop has this screen, but I'm definitely buying a 1080p laptop next time even if it's 14".

If you split the screen in two most websites won't even display correctly anymore, and its too small for things like word without zooming out

retard, scaling is a feature that was completely unnecessary when Windows 7 was concieved. doesn't make it garbage, it's just old. and it's still the better OS. windows 10 was doa

As long as you realize you're paying more for hardware because of shitty web sites/software.

>Still trying to defend having to use a shitty monitor because of your deprectated shitty OS

Just stop embarrasing yourself

Doesn't Applel use their amazing screen to get normies on board though?

>bad scaling
>using Windows

>How to change the global font settings?

teaching you about what makes an OS good is like teaching a toddler calculus. if you're gay enough to enjoy microsoft's dick up your ass, I'm fine with it kid

windows 10 scaling works well but windows 7 doesn't support it at all. it's just got this crude "adjust size of desktop items" option. if you want people to use Mac OS, please visit your nearest gay pride parade

= 1049088

because products from 6 years ago don't just suddenly disappear from the face of the earth because new ones come out

>there's only MacOS and Windows

better battery life

>still trying to defend windows 10.
people like you make me physically sick
you'll end up scaling everything to the same size as a 1366x768 display would have anyways. at least on a 12 inch display. on a 14" you might scale it to match 900p. in that case you could have just bought a 900p display

when talking scaling linux is out of the game. the only DEs that support scaling decently are the dogshit ones like KDE or Unity

Just install Windows10DPIfix you dumb mongoloid

>4k
Too small.

>Trying to defend W10
Fucking retard I run linux, where the fuck do you get the idea I'm defending W10

1366x768 literally didn't use to exist before, laptops 10 years before were 1400x900

I should have put it this way: You buy a high resolution display of which you can't properly take advantage because of its size, while making anything other than Winshit 10 unusable. Good job, you got yourself fucked with a steel rod wrapped in barbed wire

see also, enjoy libreoffice, rhythmbox and your 2 hour battery life on a laptop NEET

>implying 2 × 1650×1080 isn't mustard rice

Heh...

Confirmed for not using his portable computing device to do anything remotely productive.
If you program, 768 vertical pixels means less lines of code, thus you get to scroll out of your ass to get anything done.

pretty much this. windows 10 fucks your shit up and loonix makes you unable to get shit done (aka hobby OS). if microsoft don't get their shit together we will forever be stuck with windows 7