The great debate

The great debate

People gon hate me, but glossy.
A shame I can't find a proper glossy replacement for my stupid memepad screen.

I want to own a black MacBook some day, just to have one.

but why?

matte, glossy is for faggots

they're not that special

I need to get a new battery for mine because it expanded

meant for

I just like how it looks better. I'm used to glossy screens outside.

glossy because I don't use my laptop outside

Glossy looks better

Glossy with high brightness is the ideal.
Home monitors should always be glossy, people need to manage their own damn lighting.
For laptops, matte is more practical for now.

gloss

matte just creates unreadable bright blobs on your panel.

gloss is just minor reflections which can be overcome with more brightness.

not only that but gloss looks significantly better and doesn't look like someone smeared vaseline all over my display.

>For laptops, matte is more practical for now.

wrong. both have equal problems with bad lighting and both can only be overcome with brightness.

shit opinions central

k, except side by side comparisons come to the same conclusion

i don't even think they sell shitty tv's with full matte panels.

this is the only real answer.

>I like crappy colors
Do just work on spreadsheets all day?

matte is unnecessary and looks like shit, you can even see this in the OP image
>b-but muh sun
turn the laptop away from the glare, simple

>i like everything to looks tacky and oversaturated

Matte outside, glossy inside.

I don't use a laptop for much more than basic browsing, programming, and office software on the go so matte is superior for my own uses.

i find matte to looks better for some light vidya on my laptop

then again, i just play CS:GO and Dota 2 now and then so i dont know if its good for actual gaymen

Matte, I don't want to see my ugly face while working or watching chinese cartoons.

This. I don get why people say glossy inside. I don't live in mom's basement. I like to have my room bright and full of sunshine.

Matte for vidya and movies, whatever for work

Glossy because I hate how matte looks.

for laptops, obviously matte. it is a mobile device and sometimes you have to use it in places that you cannot control lightning/use it at a strategical place to avoid sources of light into the screen, plus this

as a professional assassin I prefer glossy
you can see your back on a matte, many of my colleagues died because of it

even need to say anything?

Glossy is objectively better in terms of picture quality. But the quality hit from modern anti-glare coatings is fairly negligible, and on laptops in particular you have little control over the lighting conditions, so matte is generally preferable.

Glossy

punctuation is important

White is the superior race.

Next.

Glossy > Matter

Glossy reproduces colors well. Matter is what you get when you sandblast glossy. It's basically tons of little imperfections.

I take it no one here has seen the 2016 MBP in person. Due to the construction of the panel it has MUCH less reflections than any other glossy display, on top of that its around 500 nits.

Its fucking perfect.

Nope.

He is correct

matte

Both of those are trash.

dumbass

I own a T60p/T61 hybrid. 5:3, 1600x1200 IPS; decentCPU due to the T61 motherboard etc.. I spent about two weeks fine tuning that babby and modifying it, cherry picking parts etc. I am one of the very few people who own that hybrid. There's maybe like 100 of them in the world total.

Sounds great, right?

Yeah, no. Let me explain why T60 series is old as fuck, and why it's fucking retarded to use it unless you want just a "cool old laptop" and belong to some circlejerks where people cum to each other's throats over tube amps and use Mamiya 6 cameras, thinking they have the greatest tech ever, nevermind it's pre-2000 shit.

- Bulky, Very bulky. That shit weighs like 3-4kg with a battery, it makes it horrible for transportation
- Relatively loud, no matter what modifications you will use. Even if fan is not present, CPU on power state changes will make noises. It's unavoidable. New, decent laptops don't have this problem.
- All, but completely new screens ordered from China will have a yellow tint, and the quality of even the IPS displays on thinkpads are very shit as well, especially compared to modern IPS displays. If you plan on order a new one, it's probably more economical just to buy a new decent laptop instead, especially if you just did a hybrid.
- Slow. It's 10 year old hardware for fuck's sake.
- Shit battery. Very shitty battery. This old hardware has very few power saving features and drains battery really quickly. Again, it's too old.
- IBM was cancer and I am glad they are dead

There's only 2 kind of people who use T60/old Thinkpads:

- people who like old tech and fuck around with
- retards who think they are better than modern alternatives and genuinely believe that
I used to be the 2nd category. Don't fall for this.

My hybrid one day just refused to react and it's like a brick now. Won't react to a power button, something on the motherboard must have gone wrong. I'd have to whip out a multimeter and diagnose it, but I am too lazy.

glossy is shit for laptops
you need to be retarded to use glossy in general

semi-glossy is the real asnwer

Whats wrong with using glossy for your home machine, where you can adjust your own lighting and etc?
It has way better colors

The great debate

I want to slaughter whoever made it that modern TVs are glossy. I thought we managed to get rid of that when ditching CRT TVs.

All you glossyfags, please tell me how to make blacks brighter. Because I can't watch a fucking 2.35:1 movie by day without reflecting strips above and below the picture. Same for dark scenes.

Glossy has actual colors

>how to make blacks brighter
you can't fight genetics, user. just accept it

glossy colors are better

mate for workers
glossy for people who want to show their shinny laptop at coffe shop

matte is dogshit if you work with image editing

You are fucking wrong

When I'm watching Moonlight, I want to see the faggot on screen, not the faggot sitting in front of it.

Yuropoor here. Anyone knows where to get a fucking X220 glossy IPS screen

I only see Matte ones everywhere

The last fucking thing I want to see when using the computer is a reflection of my ugly fucking mug, so matte all the way.

More important: 4:3 vs 16:10 laptops
4:3 wins

I would agree, but there's no powerhouse with 4:3 these days.