Tfw you fell for the thinkpad meme but dont even go outside

>tfw you fell for the thinkpad meme but dont even go outside

>Could have put that money towards a MacBook and an iPhone and had a life like a normal person

Wow how sad

>1336x768

I got one. I love it, but I'm realistic and realize that everyone either thinks I'm a dork, doesn't give two fucks, thinks I'm old (I am), thinks I'm poor, or thinks I'm a Sup Forumsentooman. Does it matter? I'm probably gonna run up in your wife either way

That's 1366 to you, mister.

I need to know if it's worth of it. Just thinking in getting a cheap Laptop for (installing gentoo, fuck yes) so... is this or buying a new one.

>tfw you fell for the thinkpad meme but dont even go outside
They're not for the outside. They're for computing on the shitter.

Oh yeah

>actually buying a thinkpad

baka get a macbook pro with retina display

triggered

My W520 is really comfy in the bed

>normal person
>Sup Forums
wew

>tfw you have 3 laptops already and thinking of getting a thinkpad
>tfw thinking of getting a second phone
>Last time I went outside was 3 weeks ago to get some groceries.
>Last time I went outside for something other than grocery shopping was 4 months ago

What am I doing with my life?

Is it really a meme though? I've been thinking about getting one since the last laptop I bought (SP3) has been getting on my nerves.. It's really a shit design and not usable at all in bed.

super proud of having a t420

bitch

obviously, why else would they be $200?
just get a mac, they just werk

Why do you guys think people have any opinion of your laptop at all? Most the windows laptops at my company are thinkpads. I had one until I got a mac which is better in every way except aesthetics and keyboard.

>$200 towards a MacBook and an iPhone

Thinkpads are great, but i prefer my elitebook.

>2017
>still praising X220 and T420

well enough of this bulky bullcrap

2-in-1 detachable screen laptop with hdmi

is there such a thing wherein the hdmi port is on the keyboard half and not on the screen?

...while it shrivels yer balls.

The Thinkpad 420 doesn't have that max resolution does it?

Maybe he's a girl

>how to save money?

that sounds too close to my life for comfort

>using a gui ever

My ThinkPad is 1920×1080.
Only once in my life did someone think my computer was old. (Which it isn't.)

Don't you have a job or something ? What do you do for a living ?

I've been a neet for 4 months now.

Summer soon, so I will carry it around. I already took it outside so I could teach someone how to do some shit on a virtual machine.

>yes
is kill

not worth it

How do you know? Do ask for opinions from all those in attendance?

I'm gonna plaster my thinkpad lid with political stickers so I look like some sort of cool activist rather than just a poorfag with an old ugly laptop.

Like, everyone will know that I'm using an old laptop because I'm ecological and critical of consumption.

this bakka senpie desoo

uhhh t430 with the better screen, or an x1 mod.

>T420
>not the best thinkpad ever just because of the number

Higher end 420 and the 420s have 1600 I'm pretty sure

>believing you need more than 1366x768 on less than 16" screen
retards are not permitted here kys yourself

Yeah I'll be honest, if you're a "normal person" who browses Sup Forums, then you've fucked up in some way

>He thinks all Thinkpads cost $200

KEK my T460p cost me $1400

Not with MB.

>doing your gay computer shit on a 16'' screen

>t410
I bought this about 5 months ago for about 100 dollars. Should I have gone with a t420? t410 seems a little unpopular, don't see many people talking about it

768 is only adquate if you're a blind genetic dead end

I'll stick with 1280×800 thanks

you can be a girl and still have (((male))) testicles

As if there is that big a difference between 1280x800 and that.

Also, will you bitch and moan in a similar manner if I tell you that I'm currently using a 1024x768 laptop?

"T/W 4/5 2/3 0" are generally considered GOAT-Tier. 10-Series are a bit old. Newer models are total chinkshit.

>taking a computer outside

Plenty of people live in poverty user, I'm not one to judge.

Hey Louie

i use a t410, right now, in fact, and i want to get a new used machine, but this fucker won't die, and it works fine, except for the shitty screen

I'm fed up of reading about these boxy plasticky unwieldy laptops with shit screens. Get a life.

but what about food? dont tell me u live on pizza or some fag that shops 50kg of shit once a month?

you tell us? there can't actually be people like this...

What is the quintessential Memepad?

T61 with a 4:3 screen

there's none

everything made either before Lenovo or right after (when the laptops still said IBM), in a way, since that is when they were still at their best as far as ease of maintenance and build quality go

just got a grade A chinkpad t430s today for 300 euros! best choice ever

They're really inexpensive though.

sandy bridge is what really blew everyones cocks off, but nehalem will probably do you fine. anyone with an i core gen 1/2/3 in hand shouldn't agonize over incremental performance increases in laptops a year or two newer

>the feels