Desktops that infuriate you so much, that you become a communist by just looking at them

> "Everything must accommodate stupid people"-design since the 1980s,
> Stick the menu bars at the top, like I don't have the space to prevent it
> "Sell good hardware that should retail for $400, for $800":the meme
> The fucking scroll wheel works in reverse by default
Capitalist to Communist in 4 seconds of looking at it

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3124563/open-source-tools/mozilla-is-stopping-all-commercial-development-on-firefox-os.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"Everything must accommodate stupid people."

Yes, and? Computers exist to make people's lives easier. To that end, they should strive to be as easy to use as they can reasonably be. Computer elitism never got anyone anywhere. Might as well get smug about your fucking punch cards.

Just a different paradigm. Windows of a program are all tied together under one banner instead of each being their own 'thing'. The decision makes sense when you think of the way MacOS applications actually function.

Doing what Apple does incurs costs other than the hardware cost. For instance, running storefronts, hiring staff for those storefronts, running a *tremendous* service/support division, supporting warranty claims, etc. Plus, Apple tends to more or less create thriving markets out of thin air by implementing new features and designs, merely by generating so much demand for those products (TouchID, high-DPI displays, and eventually sapphire displays). That takes a lot of liquid cash to do.

Which brings me to another worthwhile point: The cheaper hardware that you buy a couple years down the line -- the hardware that "does the same things for less" -- is able to do so because Apple footed the initial R&D costs and the cost of building out the production infrastructure. Apple, and the people who buy their products, effectively subsidize everyone else's products as a byproduct of their admittedly-sometimes-misguided ambition. You're welcome.

That's because there is no 'scroll wheel' on MacOS. Apple produces exactly one product that has a physical scrolling apparatus: the radically-unpopular legacy Magic Mouse. The rest of their pointing devices are touch-based (either trackpads or, as is the case with the Magic Mouse, a touch surface that emulates a scroll wheel).

> "Everything must accommodate stupid people"

There really are alot of stupid people.

live is spent either taking advantage of or accommodating the needs of stupid people. go outside more.

Holy fuck, you're still spouting this shit? We told you to fuck off two days ago. Stop whining wintoddler.

Pretty much this. We just need to accept that most people want to treat their computers like appliances and for them Apple stuff is pretty good.

I like to tinker and spend time in macOS, Windows and Linux and I think macOS is pretty comfy.

Fuck off to school.

Stupid people don't deserve technology. Computers should only make lives easier for people that are worthy.

You are not worthy.

>supporting stupid people
back to plebbit bitch

>Doing what Apple does incurs costs
You are literally mentally challenged, a tool of Apple and utterly deluded.

Why isn't Logitech overpriced?

Why isn't Noctua overpriced?

kys op. You fucking faggot. Why do you even use a UI bitch? Bet you do lol. Is it because it's easier? Are you too stupid to use the command line version of Gentoo? Just browse the Internet with Lynx like a smart person would.

>logitec
>noctua
>none of these have stores themselves
>none of these design full computers
>none of these made an os and made software for it
>none of these offer online services
>none of these have support as satisfying as Apple's
you're just angry because you like being angry.

What the fuck are you talking about kid? Logitech for instance sells quite affordable products with exceptional quality that go between $50 and 100. If Apple sold those products they would charge $199 to $399 because their stupid users are gullible.

Holy fuck, how stupid are you?

Apple users are gullible.

>No worms on the background-image to play with.
FU Apple

>Higher DPI
>Muh retina

By current standards retina displays should be called glaucoma

Even cheap phones has better DPI than apple. You can also buy much better displays than apple overpriced shit

Can you read? I never discussed that they don't sell products.

Why Dell is cheaper and have much better customer service?

How do you think the developers of macOS are paid?

They don't charge for the OS.

How do you think the developers of iOS are paid? Again, they don't charge for that either.

Do you really not see why things cost more?

> "Everything must accommodate stupid people"-design since the 1980s

A tool should behave like a tool, instead of having to become a tool to use it.

Matter of preference.

Buy the exact same hardware. Put the exact same software on it and prove them wrong. Ain't that simple?

Weird behavior it is, that can be changed. On a trackpad though it's stupid to have non-natural scrolling. That's not how shit works with 100% of any interfaces that you can touch.

>laptop bios issue makes display flicker
>customer service: "we cant do anything about that, wait till the update"
>8 months pass, no update

Computers aren't tools, they're a way of life.

>tfw nerds are more of a cult following than applefags

Applefags and normies are like shitty tourists that ruin the internet that I live on.

gnu/linux is not communist

Apple should be in top right desu

windows 10, which doesn't even ask you when installing updates really earns that place though

Neither does OSX.

It does though. You can also permanently disable them.

It does not. And you can also permanently disable 10's.

you cant with vanilla win10

You get the option to show you notifications or not for checking updates automatically, to disable updates and to enable them to install themselves automatically.

On Windows 10, to fully disable updates you have to tinker. There's no disabling them through normal means.

>holy shit just flash bios

Flashing BIOS does nothing. The update that fixes it isn't out.

I used "main" company charasteristic to position them, actually windows should be in top right too

I don't agree about people being worthy, but to some point the spread of computers to "the masses" (that lacking computer studies I'm probably part of), and from there to the IoT and some broken, capitalist transhumanism, is hell.

How do you think Firefox OS developers are paid?

Not.
pcworld.com/article/3124563/open-source-tools/mozilla-is-stopping-all-commercial-development-on-firefox-os.html

>higher dpi is better
apple dpi is perfect when looking from normal distance. Others are increasing it just to look good on paper. It is only wasting battery and requires much more gpu performande for practically nothing

wut?