Material to learn hacking

What do you guys recommend? Not scriptkiddy stuff, something that not only tells you how to run scripts, but also explain what is going on and how to think when trying to exploit vulnerabilities.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.minix3.org/doku.php?id=www:download:previousversions
file.allitebooks.com/20150519/Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 3rd Edition.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally search engines. Also, if you have to ask other people to spoonfeed you information, you are not a hacker and probably never will be.

There are too many shitty "hackers" (b-b-but I'm not a skid!) who's knowledge of hackering is running/pasting other people's code. You want to be a hacker? Examine vulnerabilities and white papers, write your own code. Write your own malware, then defend against it. The information you need to get started with ethical hacking is easily accessible all over the internet, so long as you know what to look for. The fact that you have to ask this question (on this shithole of all places) tells me you're not ready.

Stop making these threads every day asshole. There's no such thing as "hacking", you either learn a lot of shit from a lot of different sources over decades or you read "How 2 crack le WiFi for dummies". Being a "hacker" isn't a thing for anyone that isn't 12 years old. Literally install MINIX, grab the book, and if you still don't know what to learn next after you understand everything then you're hopelessly retarded.

He's prolly just asking for directions from knowledgeable people like us.
But yea, search engines are the best advice.

Googling this will only yield skid results for normies, I want more serious materials like books or something like that

Is pic related good to start?

>I want to be special, I'm above normal stuff
>g-guise give me le hidden haxxing knowledge reserved for the kewl kidz
>is this meme skiddo book serious enough for me?

Oh that book's just right for you!

Sup Forums isn't /adv/, faggot. "Hacking" is nothing more than applied compsci. Literally any entry point is valid, RTFM.

Dude I just don't want to waste time on "HOW TO STEAL FACEBOOK ACCS LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE XDXDXD" videos and shit like that, what is your problem?

Oh sorry I forgot Sup Forums was about consumer shit, phones, fizzbuzz and hipster keyboard, sorry senpai

I found the art of exploitation to be an interesting read

Get hacked and recover from it. It serves as a great primer

This you, OP? I found it on your hard drive.

Read the intel developer handbook.

Study information theory.

Become comfortable working with x86_64, C, a scripting language, and metasploit.

Learn how to use pre-made tools that exist. Then learn to write your own tools.

Have a graduate degree level of understanding of mathematics.

Learn to disassemble programs, figure out the more common errors programmers make that you can take advantage of.

Become social, good-looking, confident, and capable of effective social engineering.

Now you're ready for a big bux job.

You really don't get it do you? Use this and fuck off:

wiki.minix3.org/doku.php?id=www:download:previousversions

file.allitebooks.com/20150519/Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 3rd Edition.pdf

The art of software security assessment, web applications hackers handbook, phrack.org, microcorruption.com, owasp that's a good start. Also I would recommend black hat and Greyhat Python over that book

Go to ctftime.org. Read the writeups. Sign up for a CTF. Learn on the fly.

Not op but I have done a few ctf in the past. I always had to go solo though and could only solve max three challenges by myself. Are you on a team? I would like to join one if possible.

I am. My team's an entirely in person team and we're not recruiting.

As much as it pains me, reddit's OpenToAll team's been doing pretty well, and as name indicates, they're open to anyone who wants to play.

If you want any specific advice on problem types or general setup, I'd be happy to answer some questions.

You can get my violent python, faggot.

A hacker is someone who enjoys playful cleverness - not necessarily with computers. The programmers in the old MIT free software community of the 60s and 70s referred to themselves as hackers. Around 1980, journalists who discovered the hacker community mistakenly took the term to mean "security breaker." Please don't spread this mistake. People who break security are "crackers."

only good replies