What happend to this kind of software design?

What happend to this kind of software design?

it died after companies started to hire actual designers and stopped letting any code monkeys near design decisions

>today
>slap shit in powerpoint
>actual designers
wew

murdered with extreme prejudice and violence using a broken wine bottle

as it should be

I'm not sure but I hope it never un-happens

It'll come back, give it 10-20 years

It still exists in the form of nerd shit

This.

Same with MSI Afterburner.

Looks fucking SHIT

It's beautiful

it still exists

You should take a look at vsti plugins for digital audio

9/11

Designers realized that just because they can't doesn't mean they should.

Such software was only created by intelligent people.
This is why the UIs presently only exist in software that customizes OSes, hardware, firmware, drivers, and BIOS / UEFI.

Everyone else went to art school and created modern software. (worthless retards not even worth their harvested organs)
Muh minimalizms and colorfool boxes!

This and every other muh gaymur ovrclocking utility...

People realized it looked really tacky and unprofessional to be used on a large scale?

At least Afterburner lets you use the old skin

Whoever thought the abomination on the right was a good thing should be shot

>Ugliest software known to man
>Intelligent people
*tips IQ*
m'gui

Goddamn did I hate Trixx, the UI was both god-awful AND it couldn't minimize to notification, a thing shit like Rivatuner had been doing since the fucking early 2000's, but I was basically forced to use it since it was the only utility that let you overvolt and OC Fury cards

Then Afterburner added Fury support, and I never had to touch that garbage again

Todays "design" is even worse. Maybe better looking, but they remove all options, f.e new amd control panel and new samsung magician

Why is that a question? Who are you asking?

>What happend to this kind of software design?
We've just moved to a more "simpler" time now. This hasn't been happening to just software designs either, things like pic related is what's concerted more acceptable in todays society. Logo's, software design, web designs, hell even cartooons are suffering from the same simple CAL arts designs. See my next post

[1/2]

I'd argue that maybe creativity is dieing but a large part of me thinks its just everyone being super cheap and not hire good artist for their work and that maybe it takes too much time making creative and unique things. I don't know.

[2/2]

>that Yahoo logo
lmao jesus fuck who the hell did they hire to do that god-awful thing?

The old Yahoo! logo was so recognizable.
That shitheap looks like a Chinese knock-off of a Chinese knock-off.

It is so horribly inconsistent in design for a start.
That exclamation looks awful.
The terrible "shading" on the letters as well. Holy fuck. Everything is wrong with this new logo.

Not on Linux

People came to their senses

It makes sense, considering all they are now are owners of a website that does nothing but sell Chinese knock-offs of Chinese knock-offs

How come Nvidia's drivers can control the fan on Linux but on Windows I have to install MSI Afterburner?

i like the way AMD is going with their design.

Making cartoons with shitty designs and animations is cheaper and faster

Watch a Simpsons episode released this year and then one released 20 years ago. The old ones are so much better animated, dynamic and full of charm. Nowaday's computer generated Simpsons look sterile and generic.

Same reason you won't find any anime drawn and animated like Akira nowadays. That shit is expensive and hard to pull off so why bother?

>mfw they still use this XP design for motherboard boxes.

>microsoft powerpoint

I git gud with utilities installed for mobo (also for overclock) asus mobo btw

Simple. Programs began to exist in an environment. So many "hi-speed" designs clash when opened next to each other. Now the design language moves towards terms that work well with each other.