Name one thing wrong with the BlackBerry Classic aside from the lack of apps

Name one thing wrong with the BlackBerry Classic aside from the lack of apps

>protip, you cant

needs Java and employee-base mostly consists of Waterloo university grads

If it was Q10 sized, had a trackball, and a removable battery, it'd be perfect

AM I BACK IN 2005???

no

portrait instead of landscape keyboard.

Tbh I have used both and I like the trackpad just as much as the trackball, though I do see the appeal

Honestly who wants to turn their phone to the side and slide out some shit just to type

But that's a pro

No number row.

Granted, this is a flaw all Blackberries share.

Okay I agree with this one, but I don't think the numbers should have a dedicated row. I just wish they were spanned across the top row as alt keys rather than being on "wersdfzxc" like they are now

I think they would be fine if the number cluster was on the right (still as alt keys obviously). It would be easier to type numbers with right hand (now it appears as if they were supposed to be typed with the left hand).

Yeah I agree since the alt key is on the left. I hadn't realized there wasn't one on the right.

dumb phoneposters

I would give it a capacitive keyboard like in Passport or Priv, remove the trackpad and make the screen ~3:4 ratio.

Actually, it would become a smaller KeyOne with BB10 and classic BB style.

not android
protip I know because I've had the classic and I have a keyone, it works much better. Aspect ratio is to a point where it works well with apps I've tried, keyboard gestures work great, fingerprint scanner is nexus quality.
It's not a perfect device but for those who've been wanting a good blackberry, it might just be. Only problem is price...

But the keyone isn't out yet? How do you have one?

How indeed?

since it's not out any photos I take of must be at least 50% fuzzier as per the unreleased device rules and regulations

tell me user, does it lag like the priv?

Why must you cover the bottom?

My cuck is sooo harddd
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH

How does they keys feel?
How is the key?tracking, trackpad s the keys right?

Pls tell me how does it feel lad

no lag so far but I dont use anything intensive
camera works decently smooth, ui is alright but I use a special launcher so I wont bother with it.
nothing fun or exciting there just a preproduction model serial

the keys feel right, nothing missing there. finger print scanner as mentioned before works great, trackpady gestures on the keyboard are pretty good but dont scroll as much as I'd like in a few apps. It's especially cool in the camera app using advanced controls, glad to see they didnt fuck up the camera. It's not pixel quality but anyone should be happy enough with the quality and controls it lets you have.

solid like a brick, a bit heavy but in a good way. The only problem I have is typing single handed on it still. It sort of reminds me of the nextbit robin in a few ways but made right not like rice paper

I've heard the keyboard is comfortable to use one handed, but does using it with two hands feel cramped?

Not him but no, even on smaller keyboards like the Q10 it's comfy to type with two hands.

Is word learning for the blackberry predictions manual or automatic?

automatic
you can swipe up to get the middle prediction but unless I can't figure it out, it can't seem to get the other two like that

>Name one thing wrong
- it came out 2 years too late. This is how Q10 should've looked like.
- No removable battery
Everything else is perfection

On my priv, swiping below the other predictions works
Hopefully that'll be fixed before release

>aside from the lack of apps
Found your problem
a phone can be as good as you want it to be, if it doesnt have apps, it will just be another [windows phone]

Well yeah the only reason I excluded that is because that's the obvious answer. At least on BB10 you can install the playstore and Google services.

It's just too big of an issue to ignore imo
If your userbase drops due to the lack of apps for the sake of being new and cutting edge (read: different) then youre gonna have a hard time

I still fucking hate Microsoft for fucking it up like this (with thre Universal windows shit, convert apps for windows phone)

BB will/would go down the same route i'm afraid

They already have confirmed no more plans for BB10 devices

Does it have some way of preventing pocket-dialing/unintentional button presses?

Physical keyboard

Also, I know I'll get hate for asking this but, on my current phone I use Gboard and sometimes I use the gif and emoji insert function Gboard has. Can the Keyone input those things? I know it's not a consumer focused device so I expect this functionality is either rudimentary or not there at all which honestly I can live without I very very rarely use them.

>he likes typing on glass

>Name one thing wrong with the BlackBerry Classic aside from the lack of apps
Lack of apps, you dumb nigger. If it had all the apps, it wouldn't be dead and sold to some random Chinese manufacturers

You can only unlock it with a power or trackpad press and swiping up on the screen or by pressing U then Enter which is what I do

ty user. Looking forward to it but I do wish it was more like $450.

Lack of apps.

OH WAIT PROBLEMS AREN'T REAL IF I TELL YOU TO IGNORE THEM

eh? how do you do that? I can't on my keyone. It's either power button or space key (finger print scanner) unless there's something in the settings

on a side note, I feel like a retard for not enabling swype to type on the physical keyboard

it's not even lack of apps but compatability at that
beyond android compatibility or rather the lack thereof, even compatability in it's own locked down ecosystem is hit or miss. Take Line messenger for example, they refuse to let you install it on a Q5, luckily at least the android version sortawerks. It's just sad when even a basic app fails to work on devices

An inferior portrait keyboard.

Landscape or nothing.

Is BB locking the device down?
I would have bought a priv if it wasn't locked down. Instead I bought the passport and loved it. After some time I got really annoyed by it because it's missing so many features I had on android through rooting.
So will the keyone be rootable? It's actually become my main criteria when buying a phone.

no dedicated camera button
keyboard rows are straight instead of curved

not sure, no one's played around with it much
I presume you can root it like the others

there's a programable button, using it for the camera is a natural fit
also imo ortholinear keys are better than staggered

>I presume you can root it like the others
The Priv is not rootable (afaik) because of its locked bootloader.

>I presume you can root it like the others
Nope, BB actually cares about security unlike other Android phone manufacturers.

well my blackberry tour had 2 buttons, one for the camera and one that could be used for anything else. 2 > 1

and your opinion is wrong.

checkmate

You think the camera's anything close to our current flagships?

oh god no
I'm not just saying it due to the TCL connection but it felt sort of nokia like with plenty of controls.
camera is roughly around the level of the nexus 5x, unlike which however it can't use ZLS HDR. It's not going to compare to top end devices side by side but the camera is still quite clear and takes good pics.

Who dat on the back

I've been praising this device quite a bit but some flaws I've found with my use thus far
>soft control buttons
I'd rather have more screen space if possible and have them virtual
>spacing between control buttons and keyboard is too small making it easy to hit a control button when swiping up
>0/mic key, mic does nothing? Or at least nothing useful except in some specific context. Should bring up google assistant which this does have
>dollar sign get's it's own fucking key, what that volume control does is beyond me I can't get anything past dollar signs and other currency symbols
>swyping on physical keyboard removes ability to quickly delete a word without holding delete which makes the next problem even worse
>swyping on the physical keyboard is pretty inaccurate, doesn't work without a decent amount of finger movement, 2-4 letter words often fail
>power button on wrong side
>extra button allows you to lock screen but users admin controls so you can't unlock with fingerprint
>camera protusion
>the typical dual "speaker" grill single speaker meme, albeit it sounds good and loud for mono
>thicc
>back isn't bad yet but I can tell it's a grease magnet, looks to mark up easily too
>added in crapware, blackberry software might be a bonus for some
>hub works with few apps, really wants control over your email

some neat things I haven't mentioned
>what little modifications to stock they've done are pretty minimal and usefull
>ie plug in headphones, get prompted to open a music player
>default launcher lets you swipe up to get to widgets of apps
>device security assessments

tail red

What's the OS version and battery life on this bad boy? Did they add more feedback to the keyboard in comparison to the priv?

Welp that's it, blackberry is truly dead and finished

it's been a while since I've used a priv
this feels a bit more like a classic blackberry keyboard.