Refute this

refute this image Sup Forums
you literally can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0_0_7YwreMk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

windows is a home for normal people
linux is a custom different OS for hobbies, hackers, criminals, pedos, sadomasochistic people or someone mental issues (autism/schizophrenia) that think their useless life details are too important for them to share with the NSA

Ubuntu and it's derivatives can go on the left as well.

Linux mint is usually first pic
Ubuntu is first pic

>Install ubuntu in any pc
>the bios corrupts itself and you need to download another from the internet but you can because your wifi drivers got corrupted and the mouse too.

>today I bought this great 4k TV
>but it won't fit in any of the plugs
>I'll have to use this WINE adapter thing
>the ones that fitted were so shit I didn't even consider buying them

hh

This image is a blatant lie
Try again CIA Sup Forums man baby

tfw wrote this

>plug
>paying for WINE
what even

Ever heard of an hdmi port?

Sometimes. There's still the fact that there's a lot of things that simply don't exist for Linuxfags, and sometimes, WINE just won't cut it.

Like, for instance, Paint.NET. Great image manipulation tool, easy to use. It's basically like Photoshop's power (dialed back a bit) and MSPaint's easy-to-use interface had a baby. The problem is, as the name implies, it runs off the .NET framework, meaning that you need to somehow convince WINE to run both .NET and Paint.NET at the same time or you're SOL.

...I mean... we do have Pinta, but it's just not the same. ...And it also won't run on my machine for some ungodly reason. Something about cursors.

Do you even into metaphors?

>i don't know how to remove GRUB

I'd refute it if you posted the unfuk'd image.

>Windows.
>It builds itself but it has a wall around it an surveillance cameras everywhere
>GNU+Linux
>You build it put you can do anything you want with it and you aren't being spied on

saved & /thread

Sums it up correctly.

Haha. Nice.

Installing ubuntu is an "next-next-next" kind of installer and just takes some minutes, the same applies to the flavors and most derivatives. Here's a video, you can find a lot on youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=0_0_7YwreMk
Thanks to this evidence your image has been refuted. Also i find using ubuntu much nicer to use than windows, at least on ubuntu upgrading your system and software is fast and it doesn't hang forever looking for updates the first time (7 and 8 does this for me and it's extremely annoying, not counting the fact i must take precautions to not install the shitty forced telemetry updates).

inb4 pic related will happen, no argument will be accepted by the windows side and linux users will be called names instead.

It's easy to change your font and icon theme. Updating programs is easy. Most of these "points" are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel tbqh.

>It's easy to change your font and icon theme.
On windows? mind to probe it? The last time i tried i needed to either touch system files or modify the registry (on windows the registry is a dreadful thing compared to things like dconf). All my changes were returned to the defaults after an update and after some time i stopped trying.

>Updating programs is easy
Updating the OS is very slow and each program requires their own process to update itself it the program has any (half of them do) other programs detects there's a new version and asks you to open a link and install the new version manually. On linux the package managers makes windows to look like it comes from the stone age, everything is automatic and the few times it requires a configuration (this is generally for server-like programs) dpkg asks you and configures the program automatically. Also updating is fast and the update process includes most of the programs (unless you use self contained installers but they're generally the exception on linux).

>Most of these "points" are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel tbqh.
If you not gonna provide a reasoning i'll just let each reader to judge by himself.

Not OP. Fuck OP. This is the original I created. The text I added to the original OP image was from an actual discussion on Sup Forums.

It's literally the opposite. Every distro, except for autism shit like arch and gentoo, comes with everything you need preinstalled.
Windows comes with a shit tier browser and a fuckton of settings you have to disable to uncuck yourself.

The only thing it tries to come close to the linux package managers is chocolatey but it's not a proper package manger because:
- The chocolatey packagers rarely packages the program itself, they just provide scripts to download the package and install it silently.
- There's not packages for chocolatey, they're just the same installers you download from the internet (.exe or msi) and are executed.
- They don't host almost any package, the script just downloads the installers from the source page. In this sense it works a lot like the AUR on arch except chocolatey doesn't provide the infrastructure to create managed packages.
- As mentioned, it only executes the installers but doesn't even knows what files are installed on your OS so if a program puts a non config file on system32 (for example) there's not any kind of guarantee the file will be removed on unistall, also i have no way to even query what package put that file there so unless it has a pretty recognizable name i'll not know so easily if it's a good idea to remove it manually.
- It barely manages dependencies, at the end most programs comes with all self contained and you'll have a lot of libraries duplicated a lot of times. Given that this also happens with formats like snap or flatpack, but at least they provides runtimes so the programs doesn't need to bundle everything each time! (ok, given that .net for example usually only needs to be installed once per version).

- It doesn't have anything that barely scratch the surface of something like synaptic. The chocolatey gui practically doesn't provide feedback to the user, if the installation of a package fails the process will just end as if it have worked normally. It even has uninstalled a pair of programs for me when updating because the default action of the installer if it detects that the program is already installer is to uninstall.
- The following can happen on linux too if the developer is malicious but consider that chocolatey runs as admin and the installers are also run as admin. ¿Why is this something bad? because on linux the package manager takes care of the package, the package doesn't executes itself. It has happened to me a pair of times but chocolatey doesn't help you to avoid getting thrash installed along with the package, as pointed the people that work on chocolatey generally doesn't package by themselves, they just provides links to the original sites.
- Also it's pretty common to get 404s even when the database is fully updated!

Don't get me wrong, for me chocolatey is a HUGE step in the right direction and i don't shit on it, in fact a recommend it to any person that uses windows. However pretending that it's the "The package manager for Windows" which is how they call the project is something i just can't agree with. It certainly makes more bearable to use windows but it doesn't even come close to any of the popular package managers on linux or even to any of the self contained package managers like flatpack or snap.

>the bios corrupts itself
You should really stop posting, because you legitimately have no fucking idea what you're typing.

I can get a fucking working Arch install in 15 minutes. Most of the UI driven distros can be up and running (and up to date!) within 15 minutes of booting the live cd/usb too. How long does Windows take to install all of it's updates from a fresh, none custom rolled ISO, OP?

>Just proving OPs point even further.

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system "Linux" is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

:^)

>the bios corrupts itself
lol what a fucking retard

>windows user so dumb he doesn't even know how to properly use the plural form

No. The guy building the pool should be gentoo and arch is a little kid pretending to be the gentoo guy.

It takes 15 minutes to install Linux. Almost everything you install on it is free and modifiable. Try harder.

granted

You're talking about Windows NT 6 like it's only a standalone OS; it isn't.

It is intended to be paired with Windows Server, which makes all of this very smooth.

And then there's this retard.

Wrong post?

that's dumb.

The W10 house took probably hundreds of hours to build, and millions of man hours to design, it's just that you're getting a prefab that can be put in place in 15 minutes.

but they radically change the bathroom every few years and you gotta learn how to shit all over again.

>implying I don't use busybox instead of GNU