Crimean Tatars

I would like to learn more about this ethnic group. Are they really just Northern Turks? How integrated are they in Ukrainian / Russian society? How do the ones living in Crimea feel about Russia's annexation?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Molodi
youtube.com/watch?v=zMXh_BVKfh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are the descendants of the Mongols who invaded Eastern Europe. They used to to constantly raid into Ukraine and Russia and take slaves. I don't like them and they hate Russia because Stalin deported their entire population because they worked with the Nazis during the war.

>because they worked with the Nazis during the war.
wew lad
you're fucking dipshit
якщo ти iдioт нe вчив icтopiю в шкoлi тo йди пoчитaй щocь нe нaпиcaнe pociйcькими icтopикaми

They're mongols, not Turks.

Turks is not ethnicity but language family. Crimean tatars are turkic speaking descendants of mongol and cuman tribes

Why do Tatars look white when you google them? They got mixed with slavs?

Hol up..

Lot of modern Tatars looks European. No different than Ethnic Russians.

Did nothing wrong amiratie?

>We din do nuffin

Taкa ж хyйня бyлa з вiдкpиттям пaм'ятникy Maзeпi y Пoлтaвi.

Зpaднык Зpaднык, хoчa б icтopiю пpoчитaли, a нe вiд бaбцi cлyхaли.

They pretend to be Ukrainian patriots, but secretly wanted Crimea to join Turkey. Then Russia ruined their plans.

What did he mean by this?

>Unironically defending Stalin
>Slavic "education"

There were three Crimean Tatar auxilliary legions for the SS

All steppeshits, especially Cossacks, sided with the Nazis because they were butthurt about gommunism

The only thing he did wrong in regard to Tatars was not slaughtering them as well as deporting them.

There were also Ukrainian, Russian, Polish etc legions of the SS. What's your point?

And Russian ROA
And Ukrainian SS Galizien
And French and Polish etc

Stalin had plans on Crimea

Wher da i defend Stalin?

dealing with nazi collaborators and massively relocating people by their ethnicity is two absolutely different things you edgy faggots

>not slaughtering
awww how cute.. only around 100k of them died in a process of deportation
starvation is totally more humane and better than bullet to the head

100k was not enough.

And half of them were killed by nazis. Who will choose side where you considered like untermench that should die? Stalin not better, but at least you with your own people.

he's just trying to justify Stalin's actions
with fascism card

Glory for Ukraine!

Oy vey. Poor SS puppets who shouted in their own people, i'm so sorry for relocating them to Siberia.

From my point of view they are just one more nationality/ We got something like 150 of them in federations. One more, one less -who cares?

I dont think any1 gona oppress them :)

>ukrainian

no such society

>edg, edge, and edgy
stalin even deported war heroes so I fail to see why are you even participating in conversation if you know shit

>Some of them == all of them
I get your point Prokhor
now please kill yourself

I hate Tatars that is why. It does not matter what they do, they should all be dead.

Or what?

That's extremely dumb to post here then. Read int rules first

Are you one a'dem faschists Putin was warning us about?

What rule is broken?

No, I am not a Fascist.

All R*ssians and Ukr*inians should be deported from Crimea. Crimea should be an independent Tatar state.

Crimeans are invaders, they should go back to Mongolia.

that's extremely dumb to post here then. read the ausint rules first:
>1. if youre a faggot seppo you have to drink bleach

Good post

>quads
I can't wait to die!!

>This board is for the discussion of foreign culture and language. Please be respectful.
There's Sup Forums for hate and uneducated ignorance

Hatred is all over this board. If you want a safe space of pretty meadows you are probably on the wrong site.

yeah nah desu senpai it's disrespectful to not respect the hate that some people have in them for other cultures.

Hate is very natural, instinctual; it forms the other side of love. Hate is an integral part of the mysterious finnish soul, the russian's drive to destroy everything around him, the turk's propensity to deny genocides.
Hate is honesty, it tells instantly.

It was through the hate of a singaporean friend yesterday, that I found out about the problems in singapore and malaysia to a greater depth than I knew before. If we are not honest with our hate then many problems around the world will go unsolved and only get worse.

So you're basically proud of your ignorance, and lack of education? Nice

Irrational hate no. No excuse

Desperate times call for desperate measures. This whole issue would be treated differently now.

We have a whole region called Tatarstan, for God's sake. There's no reason why Crimean Tatars can't become a part of Russian society, unless they want to go full radical islam and blow shit up.

what's your point mentioning tatarstan? those were not desperate times back then.

To illustrate that Russia has no problem accepting ethnic minorities and treating their culture with respect. We even had the President of Tatarstan fly over to Crimea for negotiations with the locals.

There was still war in 1944, siding with the enemy didn't exactly get you a nice treatment then.

This American faggot should stop over using the term edgy. Yes, ethnic tension and hatred is a long complicated thing in eastern Europe. Sorry if that is too provocative and dark for you but unlike the white guilt in America, else where people don't give a shit.

I don't think you get that guy's point. It's barely mentioned in western historical books that the Crimean Khanate for all its existence relied upon raiding eastern Slavic ppl (and even some N.Caucasians). The number is hard to find because it was a long time ago, but it's estimated to be in the millions.

I'd say that's worse than collaborating with Germans for like two years even though they were infamous (though could be propaganda) for being brutal against their non-kin.

However in the context of Russian atrocities, they're always mentioned as poor vicims who were only peaceful and peace-loving, an oppressed minority.

The whole Cossack-culture came to be because of them; mix of peasants and runaway serfs who had to live on the frontier and fight Crimean Tatars.

>So you're basically proud of your ignorance, and lack of education?

Pot meet kettle

yeah and you have some huge problems if you hate some ethnic group for no reason and even more hating without knowledge of history
just fuck off

>To illustrate that Russia has no problem accepting ethnic minorities and treating their culture with respect.
and for that reason you need your state owned cultural agencies to dictate what they can and can't do

The Mongols adopted Turkic languages because their military quickly began to be comprised of Turkics that they assimilated.

Technically they were ruled by Mongols, and were Mongols in a national sense, but not in an ethnic or linguistic sense.

>yeah and you have some huge problems if you hate some ethnic group for no reason and even more hating without knowledge of history

The thing is I do have knowledge of History. After the Bolshevik revolution waves of tartars fled to Poland and murdered my grandfathers family.

that sounds like bullshit
there was tatar minority in poland since 14th century.

I'm not talking about lipka tatars, I'm talking about the highly politicized and roving gangs that came from Russia after the bolsheviks. Glad to know you hate Racism because it might hurt peoples feelings but have no qualms about trivializing the death of my family. Priorities amirite?

yeah sounds like some bullshit fairy tales
by your stupid logic I need to hate all canadians because of one asshole that have sold me fake maple syrup
amirite?

Stupid analogy. Here's a better one. Why don't you just go tell native Americans to "get over it" or how about Blacks that have descendants in the slave trade to "Get over it.". But of course only Slavs have too be told that whenever someone complains about their racism against Turks or tartars or what have you. A gang of them did murder my grandfathers dad and mom right in front of him. Racism is so much worse than trying to make light of my family murder, right? I thought you cared about the plight of people and that of respectful discourse and education?

Are you really equating murder and the massive humans rights abuses like said too maple syrup?

are you really using wrongdoings of few people to justify irrational hate of the whole ethnic group?
also I call bullshit on your petty story
if you were real slav you'd know that "tatars" is also a word to describe someone from the other land. so it might have been not even tatars.

>Why don't you just go tell native Americans to "get over it" or how about Blacks that have descendants in the slave trade to "Get over it."
they need to get over it and start living in today's world

I don't hate tatars, but I sure as shit understand it. Also it's fine too be skeptical but you're calling my story "petty" and "bullshit". Let me ask, why is it wrong to be racist? Because muh feelings right? Yet you have no qualms about trivializing what my family went through. Is it really irrational hatred when generations have been put too the sword? No. Is it wrong in modern day context, debatable. You're hypocrisy is retarded though. My grandfather was a child when it happened but raised by his fathers brother, after the murders the tatar activists got rounded up and executed. They came from Russia it turned out and they were ethnic tatars that fled the Bolsheviks.

>they need to get over it and start living in today's world

Agreed but the world isn't some fairy tale where you can shout "Dude everyone should just get along lmao".

>descendants of the Mongols
no, they not

>A Georgian orders your people to be deported
>Hate Russia
Flawless logic

>I dont think any1 gona oppress them :)
:^)

>Crimean Tatars are Mongols

The fuck are you retards talking about

>descendants of the Mongols
You should study things before talking, they are not

russians and russian state is literally the cancer of the world and should be nuked and parted between all the opressed nationalities in russia

FREE CRIMEA FREE TATARS KILL ALL RUSSIANS KILL ALL DISGUSTING INPERIALISTIC SLAVS KILL ALL FREE CRIMEA GENOCIDE 1944 WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE REMOVE ALL DISGUSTING RUSSIANS FROM STEPPES

Mongols constitute only a small portion of the Crimeans Tatars. They are mostly descendants of Kipchaks, Cumans, Pechenegs and Khazars who roamed the steps before the Slavs or Mongols ever settled. Plus many Ruthenian/Ukrainian Slav or Greek captives thrown in.

Who the fuck cares about their origins? Monglos, not mongols, whoever.
Anyway, Stalin did nothing wrong; they got that what they deserved.

it's funny you should use this image... just look at the frontmost guy's eyes
ayyy

Looks like a bulgarian to me

This. Slavs are the real invaders of Crimea. Tatars were there before the Russians decided they wanted a warm sea port.
Ukrainians are irrelevant as they were sucking dicks of the Poles at the time to even care. They didn't start moving to Crimea after it was annexed by Russia either.

bulgarians are turkic.

> ukrainian language

Slavs were there before pechenegs.

No, Khazars were there before the Pechenegs. Slavs were still in the north at the time.
If anything, Greeks had their colonies in there before the Turkic people started moving in. And even then Byzantines still had good relations with the Khazars.

Meh they got genocided and deported alot , the ones that stood in Crimea speak Turkish ( it's literally closer to Turkey Turkish than Azerbaijani Turkish is ).
There are about 2 million of them here

Slavs were among greeks there, it was an important land for christianization of Rus'.

Deported-yes, genocided-no.

They are pretty based Türks.

Tell me that forcibly working people at slave camps until they die isn't genocide again
Show me the records of slavic peoples in Crimea during the Byzantine era

they ditched us during siege of vienna. in return they lost their homeland then they got deported then they got genocided.
karma.

No, Byzantines only cared about Rus' because they wanted to convert them. That's why they paid Alans to attack Khazars to weaken the Khazars in Crimea which would result in Rus' moving south and getting good relations with the Byzantines. Slavs were not anywhere near Crimea at the time.
More like ethnically cleansed.

I know a girl with Crimean Tatar background. Most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

They weren't in labour camps.

they all was killed for this

Scum. In medieval times they were slaughtering east slavs and raiding villages for slave trade by the millions, one of reasons east slavs didn't have enlightenment is because half resources went to building giant ramparts across the steppe-forest line and another half repelling steppe raids. They slaughtered russian prisoners many times and blamed cossacks for that in hope to make tsar hate cossacks, but you won't read that in news. Then when russians got firearms to counter their cavalry archers they got their asses handed so hard they immediately started crying about being victims, and still do so today.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Molodi

So a tatar now days is to be held responsible for what their ancestors did?

are you not aware that crimea was colonized by pontic greeks?

Kazan Tatars, not Crimean Tatars. Totally different ethnic groups.

Before turcics there was a Slavic Tmutarakan' Princedom in Crimea.

Noone said that.

But their nationalism is bullshit, and perfectly rational to dislike.
During the annexation of Crimea they burned Russian flags etc and got a lot of western SJW support because ebul russians/stalin were mean to them in the past.

Yes, because they have not changed their beliefs and hate everyone, only now they cry about being victims constantly. Does it remind you about one particular ethinicity living in germany?
Them and Nogays were so repugnant and hated even by other turkics that they spawned cossacks into existence. Many cossacks were not slavs, they were turkics who adopted orthodoxy, settled down and started fighting steppe slavers. They are still alive and well in russia and ukraine today.

Tmutarakan came under Rus' control in the 10th century. The city was built by Greeks and the fort that was made by Khazars in the 7th century gave it its current name.
Do you even know a little bit of history?

So? Rus' were there before "Crimean" Tatars, so Russian claim to Crimea is more legit.

One city that you held for merely 70 years means nothing. Tatars lived throughout the entirety of Crimea.
Order is as follows: Greeks>Khazars>Cuman-Kipchaks>Mongolians>Golden Horde>Crimean Khanate>Russia

"Crimean" Tatars came with Mongols, so they are invaders not ingenious population. And as for ingenious population that actually built things there Rus were there before they came.

Yes, invaders of other Turkic nations that don't exist today. If Khazars or Cumans existed today, I'd be arguing about their right of the land.
By you saying ''Rus' were there before'' for bloody 70 years would mean that Turkey today should have a claim on Hungary. Yet the Turks never lived there, we still built stuff around the Balkans.
When you look at the other Turkic nations that actually lived in the entirety of Crimea for more than 11 centuries and compare it to Rus' who occupied a Greek city for 70 years, you can see who actually has the right of land to the area.

Roske should give up your imperialism dream
we are in 2016, not 19C

>yfw tatar girl sings our song better than us

youtube.com/watch?v=zMXh_BVKfh8

Scythians predate both Khazars' and Cumans' presence there.
You should vouch for them instead.

>compare it to Rus' who occupied a Greek city for 70 years
Various Rus' princedoms held the northern part of Crimea from the tenth century 'till the Mongols' invasion in the 13th century. That's more than 70 years, and even so, Crimean Tatars came with the Golden Horde, they are the invaders.