GPU Failure

Welp, just had a graphics card fail on me. I was watching a video when my system rebooted and I had no video signal. The card that failed was running the fans at 100% after the reboot.

I have two of the same card (SLI), so I swapped spaces to check the PCI-E slots and power cables. The other one is working fine. It's not the cables, PSU, or motherboard.

I've been having minor problems with this card for a long time. I might suddenly get a screen completely fucked with artifacts, or have no video signal at all. They were fairly rare, and rebooting always fixed these issues.

Is there any possibility that this is fixable? Also, how are Gigabyte and NCIX when it comes to RMA-ing hardware that is just over 3 years old? Do they ever give any leeway if it's 3 years and a few months?

Also, here's the technical info, if anyone is interested:
Graphics cards: 2x Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770s (pretty sure they are 2GB)
Motherboard: Asus 7-87-A
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850w Modular
Processor: Intel Core i5 4670

>multicarding weak cards

You deserve it for being dumb

>Welp

A tip of my Fedora to you, good sir! Now back to Rebbit with you my man.

EDIT: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

Bin that gtx 770 family. Grab yourself a decent gpu in the near future, if needed. It's not like SLI gave you a big boost/was working in the first place.
Next time don't open a thread for your dead pile of shit.

Nvidia """"""""""""quality""""""""""""
Do they ever last?

Back when you got the 770 you should have gotten an R9 290. I had the same dilemma. The R9 290 was easily superior because it was scaling better to new software, it was practically a flag-ship card toned down by forced, and I can run Doom on Ultra today without any loss of FPS at max vsync.

PS. That being said, I hate the GPU scene in general, BOTH NVIDIA and AMD are a cartel of GPU patents on the desktop practically not letting anyone in (without gigantic fees) and they have no Foundries of their own, as a result they are by definition overpriced pieces of shit.

how do you find that post funny? it's so low effort.

>not buying GPU with a 3-year warranty, then selling them shortly before that warranty expires and replacing them

My country has a shitty market, I don't want to pay $100+ to upgrade for +10% speed ups, and I don't want to risk not having a card at all for weeks or months if something goes wrong.

>+10% speed ups
>after 3 years

We're talking about GPUs, not CPUs, idiot.

>I don't want to risk not having a card at all for weeks or months if something goes wrong.

Which is exactly what you risk happening if you keep your GPU past warranty.

>idiot.
You are literally mentally challenged. The 1080 Ti is nothing more than a 350Watts GPU with nearly 3500 cores that costs $800. They literally just stick more cores into them because they are parallel machines, not serial like CPUs that you actually have to try to make them faster.

400+ W actually

>770 released in 2013 for $400
>1070 released in 2016 for $450
>1070 is 250-300% the performance of a 770

"Muh $100+ for 10% speedups!"

Just shut up you braindead fuck.

You an illiterate child that knows nothing about technology. Those tests are done on 4K that requires more VRAM or the GPU chokes entirely. It has nothing to do with GPU technology.

I seem to remember the R9 200 series having issues with microstutter.

Nope. I only heard of that in terms of SLI or Crossfire setups.

>the GPU isn't better, it just performs better!

Okay, so if we discount memory improvements to appease your crippling autism and look at pure compute benchmarks, the 1070 is "only" 200% the performance of a 770.
Sorry, but I have to ask: are you here by accident? I think maybe is more your speed.

Fuck off with your buyer's remorse child. Most people that aren't mentally challenged are on 1080p setups because anything more distorts video playback because they would upscale, and they are not gaymers only. So, nobody gives a shit you waste your money every 2 fucking years for no reason at all.

>waste your money

I'm not the one whose GPU shit the bed outside of warranty, kid. :^)

>for no reason at all

Outside of the massive boost in performance, that is.
Also when I sell the old GPU still in warranty after 2.5+ years, I can still get around 40-50% of its original price back.
Tell me, how much money will you get for your 3 year old dead 770?

> he admits to re-paying 50%+ every 2 years
> he admits to buying NVIDIA GPUs
> he gaymes on more than 1080p

Same thing happened to my 7970. Some artifacts a couple of times, reboot to fix the issue, then one day completely out of the blue no signal. The card was like over four years old though.

How is Gigabyte's reliability compared to other manufacturers like eVGA?

>pay 50% every as opposed to waiting ~4 years until your GPU dies and then paying 100% again
>constantly pat yourself on the back for somehow beating the GPU Jew

wew