Why would you not get a 1700 over a 7700K? I'm thinking of picking one up soon

Why would you not get a 1700 over a 7700K? I'm thinking of picking one up soon.

And yes we know he redid the benchmarks at 720P, that doesn't change the 1080P benchmark results.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_1700_review,1.html
guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_1700_review,22.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VWarC_Nygew
youtube.com/watch?v=Li00SePkRp8&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because of the inferior single thread performance. You'd have to be an idiot to think that doesn't matter anymore.

how will he survive without those 5%
how did he live without KABY ALLMIGHTY LAKE before, a mystery

Thinking the same OP going from 2600, at 3.9 it draws ~200w though, slightly less than kaby at 5Ghz still a ton.
Waiting for a better memory support, and motherboards in large, not a single board here in sight, 1700 also sold out though without boards.

because its sold out errywhere in germany.

i need a new computer fast, and i'm like 2 Intel shillposts away of pulling the trigger on a 7700k.

Thanks AMD

Avoid Asus am4 boards, apparently they've been bricking themselves recently.

You'd have to be an idiot to ignore the huge multithreaded advantage of Ryzen too, which is much more important, especially for the future

why is everyone going for the i7 anyway? The 7600k has almost the same performance when OCd to the same clocks and comes 100$ cheaper.
Same will probably go for the cheaper ryzens.

If you don't need the multithreaded performance, there's no need to dish out >300$ for a CPU.

Everything that requires constant human input relies on strong single thread performance.

Like all the games running on PS4 and Xbox One which use 8 core AMD CPUs?

i5K platform would cost same as R7 1700 platform in a lot of regions, that's the fun part of whole ryzen deal.

And the reason why 1700 sells out. Perfect fit into market between i5K and i7K.

AMD fucked up marketing, they should've sent 1700 to all reviewers. 1700x beats 6800K in everything though, so that one is dead at least.

1800x is way too niche just like 6900K.

and run at silky smooth 20fps

You need Intel CPUs for emulation.

Holy shit, how are we going to survive with getting 3 fewer frames in muh vidya gaems while having much better performance in everything but vidya??????

if I would be fanatic 144hz monitor gamer I would go for 7700k

if I would use lightroom and photostop, since adobe are wanks who cant in to multithreading

those are the cases that come to mind
for anything else, 1700 would be my choice

SIR DELET DIS RIGT NOW

yea because these benchmarks made by this guy are absolutely ok

In actual side by side comparisons of the 7700k, the regular 1700 can match the 7700k in FPS. However, the 7700k needs to use practically all of its power in doing so. Under loads, the 1700 is only using 30-40 percent of its CPU. This may be because recording while gaming favors AMD, but it just goes to show how much more powerful the R7 chips are.

Sure the 7700k may still beat the 1700 in FPS, but that doesn't make Ryzen terrible at gaming.

This board doesn't like to be reminded of the fact that game developers are incompetent hacks and that video games are a useless way of measuring CPU performance, though

Until most programs can perfectly utilise 4 or more threads I'll stick to whichever brand offers better single thread performance.

>Also let me remind you that if you cannot afford a GeForce GTX 1080 or Radeon R9 Fury X, please do understand that the gaming issues mentioned are not relevant to you. With the current performance bracket a GeForce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 480 would be a fantastic match combined with this gem of a 329 USD processor.

Based Hilbert.

guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_1700_review,1.html

guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_1700_review,22.html

Also this, SMT doesn't work, it's basically 8c/8t processor now for games.

>akabur
DID THAT FAGGOT EVER FINISH THAT GAME?

why would you want to emulate gaymcube? are you some kind of faggot?

post cemu bench, you faglord.

Those benchmarks are literally rigged by an actual AMD shill called Joker, pic related.

Here is exposing how he underclocked the Intel processor:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWarC_Nygew

youtube.com/watch?v=Li00SePkRp8&t

explain why. if its because of a t-shirt, then please kys self.

> You'd have to be an idiot to think that doesn't matter anymore.
If that was matter we'll still be on single-core wagon. IPC can get you so far, sooner or later even braindead game-developers will catch up with engines that properly utilize many cores, just like server/workstations market did back in day.

Maybe you'd be able to afford a better GPU if you didn't spend $330 an an 8 core 16 thread CPU that's only going to be used for vidya gaems. Hell, you barely need more than the G4560 if you're going to use it with a 480 or 1060.

user plz,

Ive been using my FX 8320 for years with dolphin with 0 issues

oh wow, brian from tech city is a fucking butthurt straya cunt. I just started watching both chanells during the Ryzen review launch but i'm gonna unsub from TechCity because he is immature and childish

they are more gpu limited then cpu, they are trying to run the equivalent of crysis 3 ultra on a 7850 in ps4's case, and a 7770 in xboxes.

its one of the more demanding things normal people will ever do, personally if I only gamed, I would get a 7700, but as I do more than game, 1700 oc to 3.8 or 3.9 is good enough for me, maybe if I get golden silicon ill get it to 4.0, but I don't want to go over 1.4v

Its not game devs, its the engine devs will make it easier to get the 4+ core performance from stock settings.

anyone able to explain this benchmark and what it means real world?

my cpu gets 1120

Fuck knows what that means for actual performance in the emulator.

Thanks AMD shill, great input

He literally sells AMD shirts.

The fact that AMDtards are dumb enough to post actual shills rigged benchmarks is just hilarious.