Don't be stupid and get a keyboard + monitor for your laptop

Naw.

Why not just get a real PC then?

/thread

Dockingstation is a pretty good solution if you run around a lot.

I just use a docking station

Or vnc if I'm tired

That's the next step after the laptop dies. It's for the autists that already got a laptop anyway.

>vnc
the assumption is the user does not have a desktop

Oh nvm then.

Because I almost never use my laptop at home, I have desktops for that.

This wouldn't be so awful if companies made laptops that worked while the screen was closed.

>t410 lets me do this
>Pavilion dv6 let me do it
>Pavilion dm4 let me do it
Unfortunately, I don't own the latter two anymore. They were good laptops, served their purpose, but one's screen fucked itself and the other I gave to my old-ass parents as a browserbox

they already do work with screen closed

I use my laptop both at home and away from home. I don't need an addition computer.

They already do.

lel all Windows laptops do this you fool. It's in the Power settings.

Why not get a fucking dock?

Even the idea of using a laptop on external monitor, keyboard and mouse without a dock sounds disgusting. What if I want to use it like a regular laptop, I need to disconnect everything and then connect everything again.

With a dock, I press a button and it lifts my ThinkPad and I can use it as a laptop and I put it in the dock and its like a desktop again

Nah, I already have a desktop besides my three laptops. I'm fine, tyvm

They already work.

Man, I do have a dock for my thinkpad and what I find disgusting is that I need a keyboard for it, because the thing wobbles when docked.

Too bad my monitor is too shitty, and I have only VGA on laptop.

They all do that, but, it makes it easier to overheat that way.

And you lose a 2nd screen.

So it's generally stupid.

Because you stupid faggot, keyboards of laptops are cancer, and their monitors are cancer and small too and at wrong positions.

And it's mainly for those that don't have a desktop at all.

>Why not just get a real PC then?
Not portable you filthy casual. Who the fuck wants to lug around a giant PC?????

I'm using my laptop as a fap/mail machine in my bedroom and a regular desktop for more serious shit.

fuk off cunt I like my setup

>Wintoddler

Looks cozy, but please up your peripheral game friendo. Both the mouse and keyboard look pretty unimpressive.

>Needing higher-cost peripherals to get work done
I like pretty mice and keyboards, but that setup already looks like it does what it needs to.