Any Kali users on Sup Forums?

Its a meme os. Its just debian with some 1337 H4cking tools.

yup been using it on liveboot usb for couple of months and managed to hack my neighbors wifi lol

I have it on a usb stick. I think I've only used it realistically three times: to get wifi while on vacation or when away twice, and once to recover deleted files. Worked well.

I have a live version on a datatraveler just in case. never needed it.

I set up my own vulnerability scanners cause I'm not a scrub

People who use it as their main OS are memelord skids. But having a live boot disk for Kali with you helps sometimes.

>I did it myself so I'm a coolkid

You're not supposed to use it as a daily driver, dipshit. It runs everything as root

where did he say he uses it as a 'daily driver'?

nice parrotted meme
found the computer illiterate

>It runs everything as root
So does Debian. You simply create a user. retard.

epic

I use it when I need to find internet
liveboot usb + x200 + alfa wifi master race

It installs easily, and has a great layout. I'm honestly considering it as my 'first' linux. Or arch if I can figure out what the fuck I'm doing wrong. Probably something to do with installing in a VM.

I use Ubuntu as my "daily driver", but I have a USB where I can live boot Kali with. I was just wondering how many skids there are on Sup Forums.

I stopped using Kali because I hate apt package manager. If you do decide to go with Arch, consider adding the Black Arch and Arch Strike repos to your pacman.conf. You get a much larger choice of tools and you need only install what you want. It's pretty great.

Stop stealing internet thief

EVERYTHING IS RUN BY ROOT

PRETTY MUCH NO SECURITY YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

Your point?

you can create a non-root user

Even then he'll ( ) just run anything that asks for root, as root without further question. So his post was irrelevant to begin with.

>there are people that installed a pentesting distro and are using it as their main OS
Are you one of them? Please reply to this post with a good reason for doing so, I need a laugh.

>tfw i use it as a daily driver
it's comfy.

>le running everything as root is bad meme

This is why we use throw away VMs for everything we can.

t. script kiddie

Why do you need kali for that?

this desu

Redpill me on Kali. What do you use it for? How much le epic haxxorz do you actually do? Will I get put on a list for using it?
I just want to be 1337 |-|4|

Blackarch is better.

Well, this has reduced effect in the past few years.

WEP is almost nonexistent unless used as a MiTM. WPA/WPA2 with WPS requires a decent signal strength.

Cracking a handshake is a lottery.

But it is a fun little hobby, I've cracked dozens of Wi-fi's so far and never really used them. Just fun to get into a different router.

Most people just use WiFi tools, Armitage /metasploit or tools to bypass Windows SAM file to get into a system.

Advanced users compile shit they need on a vanilla distro that has software/drivers for their needs.

No. I have a backbox machine though.

>I know better than the security engineers who created the distro
Not even people who use the tools day by day use Kali as a main.

I don't want your (You) asshole, I just said there's no harm in running something as root on a VM not that using Kali as a main is a good idea. What I said would seem to imply the opposite.

Go back to drooling.

i used it for a while since debian didnt have all the codecs I needed. Kali has extra nonfree drivers.

I liked the modified gnome version, i liked the icon theme as well. Really comfy distro for daily use.