I have to say, for a Microsoft product, the surface pro really isn't half bad...

I have to say, for a Microsoft product, the surface pro really isn't half bad. Took the risk and bought it for school around November last year instead of a cheaper traditional laptop and I have no regrets. Only got the base 3m processor 4GB ram model but I only bought it for note taking and basic use when I'm not at home.

>Pros:
+light as fuck but has a solid quality feel
+keyboard feels good despite looking initially like garbage
+Screen is gorgeous
+touch is responsive
+can sign in by looking at the camera, even in the dark. (doing so gives MS full rights to your likeness)
+good battery life
+works well with onenote if you have the pen
+MicroSD slot for storage if you need it

>Cons
-because of the retarded display resolution for such a small screen (12.3 inches 2736x1824 (267ppi)) UI scaling can be garbage for some programs
-pen is 50 fucking dollars
-pen attaches to the computer with a magnet which barely works causing me to lose my 50 fucking dollar pen
-because I bought the base model, onenote chugs when I try to click and drag stuff around
-accessories specifically intended for the surface are very expensive
-only 1 USB 3.0

>Meh
~the way the power cable connects bothers me sometimes
~doesn't sit well on your lap; need a solid surface
~its win10
~very little, but very fast, internal storage

>tl;dr
>Surface thread
>inb4 shill

Microsoft hardware is often good.
>Zune
>original Xbox
>Surface Pro 3+

I never had a zune but I had a friend who swore it was great. I didn't care for getting an mp3 player so I just took his word for it

go fuck yourself, m$ shill

all kind of spam is against the rules

Bought an i7 SP3 the other day.

Some of the text scaling is a bit off on my second monitor, but it's very good as a tablet, a laptop and as a desktop replacement.

And runs civ. Ftw.

Absolutely love my sp4.

Great for travel, is better than many laptops, and when I'm home I can remote into my desktop when need be which saves battery life and storage issues

How is the battery life with 100% brightness, wifi on, bluetooth on, and about 7 tabs on your browser?

lasts me about all day if fully charged

>laptop in 2017
>no USB type-C charging

Can you install Linux on it?

Most likely. You can run it on just about anything

Why do you feel you need to answer when you have no idea?

i fucking love my sp4.
i have a full size keyboard and mouse and use as monitor.
i only pop in the type cover when i have to go and the battery lasts a while.

remember kids, how do we know this is a shill?

it's because shills never mention the price of the product they're shilling. in this case about $900

also nice "cons" you got there, Pajeet.

Yes you can, but why would you since it has win10 pro on it which enables the face sign in and bitlocker.

Lincuck neckbeard btfo

Weird how you faggots complaining about shills are never around for the 5 million apple threads that get shilled here all the fucking time.

why do you feel the need to ask when you can google it?

because macbooks/hackintoshes can actually be useful in specific scenarios. as in 'I need it for Xcode' for uni/job and so on.

you will never need a $900 surface pro.

That is a reasonable going price for a respectable portable Windows computer that weighs under five pounds.

Macbooks cost 1400 minimum for less than half the specs and features stupid toddler shill.

Got an i7 through work.

Pro
It works well, keyboard is surprisingly good and first time a stylus has really worked for me as anything other than a toy.
Con
Gets hotter than the sun after about 45 mins. Only use as a "laptop" if you are committed to being childfree.

What sort of idiot pays for hardware other than for gaming? If your time is worth anything at all, someone else will pay for it. I can't believe anyone would buy an SP of a MacBook with money that has had tax paid on it. Surely that's a given.

>$1400 minimum

Not really. You can get a 2015 MacBook Pro *significantly* cheaper than that. More like $1000-1100, you can get a MBA for $900-1100, or you can get a late-model Retina MacBook for $1300.

>less than half the specs

Spec sheets don't matter. What matters is efficiency, and thanks to efficiency, Macs tend to punch well above what their raw specs would imply in practice.

>and features

Depends on what you mean by "features". If you have other iOS devices, it's really hard to beat the connectivity features a MacBook offers, like integrated call/text forwarding, AirDrop, and Handoff. If you have AirPods, those have extra conveniences associated with Macs, too.

Even if you don't have any other Apple devices, Macs come with useful "features" like not rebooting your computer to install updates without your consent, not advertising to you in your program menu and file browser, and allowing you to *actually, permanently toggle* privacy-related settings.

>If your time is worth anything at all, someone else will pay for it

What did he mean by this?

I'm probably going to replace my desktop pc for one. You should really consider getting the i5-8gb one, should do most things like programming and multiple windows. The onky thing I don't like is that the tab pro s is lighter and has a more solid keyboard whereas this keyboard flexes upon keystroke.

I've ended up with the entry level i7 model for reasons. It's honestly the best experience I've had with a 2-in-1 style device, but that's not exactly saying much. I like it for my purposes.

Surfaces are amazing, both in specs and design.

Shame about the price for consumers but in this current laptop/notebook market it isn't bad considering, I have a pro 3 and shit's quite amazing.